In 2017, the Supreme Court of India made it mandatory for all the citizens to get their Aadhar card link with mobile number. Subsequently, many Telecom service providers such as Jio, Airtel, and others initiated help for mobile linking.
Today linking mobile number with Aadhar card is no more compulsory but UIDAI recommends mobile linking for easy verification. Citizen of India can easily get their Aadhaar card link with mobile number through IVRS facility or OTP. You can also update your mobile number on Aadhaar by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or seek help from your telecom service provider. Scroll down to know different ways to link mobile number with Aadhar in brief.
Why Linking Mobile Number With Aadhaar Is Important?
Before seeking the answer to the question! How to link a mobile number with an Aadhar card? Let’s throw light on the benefits of number linking online.
- It helps to identify and verify all the mobile subscribers, which helps determine the contact numbers used by criminals, money launders, and fraudsters.
- It also helps to re-verify their income tax return through Aadhaar number.
- Mobile linking also helps to avail all kinds of online services related to Aadhaar.
Table of Contents
Linking Aadhar with New Mobile Number
In case you are buying a new SIM and wish to link same mobile number with Aadhaar then you would have to visit customer care outlet of your telecom service provider and follow these steps.
- Visit the outlet and request for a new SIM.
- Provide them all the related documents like a self-attested copy of your Aadhar.
- Subsequently, you will be asked to scan your finger prints for biometric verification.
- Once the verification process is complete, you will be given a new SIM.
- The SIM would be activated in an hour.
How to Link Mobile Number with Aadhar via OTP?
If you already have a SIM and wish to link the same number with your Aadhar, then you would have to visit nearest store of your telecom service provider and follow the below given steps.
- Visit the nearest customer care centre.
- Provide a copy of your Aadhar card, contact number and other necessary details required.
- You will then receive an OTP on the number to be linked with Aadhar.
- Share the OTP with the executive along with the biometrics.
- Once you receive the confirmation message, revert with ‘Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.
How to Link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card through IVRS?
Mobile users can link their contact number with Aadhar and subsequently verify the same through the OTP process. Both prepaid and postpaid users can call at 14546 and verify the mobile number through the IVR service. Follow these steps to know how to get the Aadhar card linked with mobile number.
- Call 14546 from your registered mobile number.
- The IVR Service would ask you to share your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Once you have shared the number, the IVR System will then confirm the number.
- Proceed further as instructed by the IVRS.
- Subsequently, provide your contact number.
- You will now receive an OTP from UIDAI.
- Subsequently, IVRS will seek your permission to use your name, date of birth, photo as provided to the UIDAI.
- Enter the OTP sent to you and press 1 to complete the verification process.
How to Update Mobile Number on Aadhar Card?
You can book a slot at Aadhar Kendra online and visit the centre to escalate mobile linking process.
- At the enrolment centre you would be provided with Aadhaar Correction Form.
- Fill the same with your updated mobile number.
- Submit the form and then you would be asked for biometrics verification.
- Subsequently, the executive will cross check all the information and provide you an acknowledgment slip.
- The same slip contains URN-Update Request Number
- URN can be used to track the status.
- Once your mobile number is registered, you will receive Aadhaar OTPs for availing Aadhar related facilities.
How to Verify your Mobile Number with Aadhar Card Online?
In case you wish to verify your updated contact number on Aadhaar card, you can visit the official website of UIDAI. Follow these below-listed steps to check mobile number verification with Aadhar.
- Go to the website and click on Aadhaar Services.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Then tap on to ‘Verify Mobile Number’ and enter mobile number.
- Type the correct captcha and click Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP that you have received.
- Tap on ‘Verify OTP’.
- Once the verification is successful a green tick mark will be visible.
Though, linking mobile number with an Aadhar card is not compulsory but it is still recommended for a smooth verification process. Citizens can link their mobile number with Aadhar either through IVRS & OTP method. In case you want to update the number on Aadhar, you would have to visit the nearest Aadhar Kendra. After reading this blog, we hope you will surely get your Aadhar card link with your mobile number without any hassle.
Check Also: List of Most Literate States in India
FAQs related to Aadhar Linking:
You can link your number with Aadhar through following IVRS instruction or by the OTP method.
You can visit the official website of UIDAI to check the mobile number link with the Aadhar card online.
Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment centre to change or update your mobile number in Aadhar card.
In order to know which number is registered with Aadhar, visit the official page of UIDAI and click on Verify Email/Mobile Number link or visit the nearest Aadhar Seva Kendra.
Yes, UIDAI provides the facility to get Aadhaar number through mobile number. Above we have mentioned the detailed process of linking Aadhaar with a mobile number.
There are no charges for linking mobile number with aadhar, however, you would have to pay Rs. 50 to update your mobile number on your Aadhar card.
No, you do not require any document for Aadhar card link with mobile number.