Ever since the advent of digitization, the banking system has also completely revolutionized. Almost everyone today is going cashless with the arrival of electronic payments. The use of debit cards, credit cards, and e-wallets is increasing day-by-day, due to the benefits they offer in the form of cash rewards, bonus points, discounts, cashback, and much more.
Kotak Mahindra Bank, one of the leading banks in India, has rolled out the credit card system for its customers to enjoy the most convenient method of making payments and lead a hassle-free life. So, if you are thinking of applying for a Kotak Credit Card, here are a few things you need to be aware of:
- You can apply for a Kotak Mahindra Bank Credit Card, both online and offline.
- It usually takes about 21 business working days to process your Kotak Credit Card Application.
- As soon as you apply for a Kotak Credit Card, you will immediately receive an acknowledging message (SMS) from the bank.
- The message will have the reference number and application number of your credit card.
Ways to Check Kotak Credit Card Status
1. Track Kotak Credit Card Status Through Official Site Online
- Visit the official website of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Search for “Explore Products” tab.
- As soon as you move your cursor on the tab, you will have a list of options.
- Scroll to “Cards” option and then select “Credit Card Services”.
- Once the “Credit Card Services” page is visible on your screen, scroll down to the end of the page.
- Here you will find “Track Application Status”, click on it.
- Now you need to click on “Select a product” and choose “Credit Card”.
- Here, the system will ask you to enter the “Application Number” or “Form Number”.
- Once you enter the “Application Number” or “Form Number”, click on the “Submit” button.
- Here you will know your current Kotak Credit Card Status.
Credit Card Status Meaning
- In-progress: If your Kotak Credit Card Status says “In-progress”, It means that the banks have successfully received your application and is under process. You will receive your Kotak credit card within a couple of days.
- Approved: If your Kotak Credit Card Status says “Approved”, it indicates the bank has processed your credit card, and you will shortly receive your credit card.
- Dispatched: In such cases, your credit card has already been dispatched to your address. The bank will send you an SMS with an expected delivery date to receive your credit card. Make sure you are available at the given address to collect your credit card.
- On-Hold: This is a problematic issue. The bank might have put your Kotak Credit Card Application on hold for some reasons like failed verification or missing documents or mismatch of some information. The bank will get in touch with you to get these issues resolved. Once all the information is correct, the bank then proceeds with the processing of your Kotak Credit Card Status.
- Declined: This happens when you fail to meet or fulfill the eligibility criteria of the bank. It would be best if you spoke to the bank regarding this. They will explain to you the further procedure.
2. Check Kotak Credit Card Status Offline
- Call us: If you are not able to access the internet, you can directly call on the customer care number 1860 266 2666. If you are a Kotak customer, you can call on 1860 266 0811.
- Write a letter: You can also choose to write a letter to the bank for all the necessary information about your Kotak Credit Card Status.
- Chat with Keya: This is Kotak’s advanced Chatbot. You can chat with Keya to know the status of your credit card application and also enquire about other services.
- Visit the bank: You can personally visit any local Kotak Mahindra Branch and inquiry about the status of your credit card application.
You Can Also Read: Track Your HDFC Credit Card Status
3. Tracking Kotak Credit Card Status on BankBazaar
There is a possibility that you might have applied for your Kotak credit card on BankBazaar. Under such cases, follow these steps to check the status of your application:
- Click on Track Your Credit Card Application Status webpage.
- Enter your Application Number and registered mobile number.
- Once you have entered both the details, click on “Track application” button.
4. Track Using the Kotak Mahindra Bank App
If you are using the Kotak Mahindra Bank App, then you can track the status of your credit card application by the following below-listed steps:
- Open the Kotak Mahindra Bank App in your mobile.
- Select “Track your credit card”.
- Enter your Date-of-Birth (DOB).
- Hit the submit button to know the status of your credit card application.
Frequently Asked Questions for Kotak Credit Card Status
If you are applying for a new credit card, then it may take around 15 to 21 working days from the date of approval to receive your credit card. However, for replacement credit cards, the time duration to receive your card is 7 business days from the date of approval.
An air waybill number is a number provided by the bank through an SMS. You will receive this number when the bank has dispatched or shipped your credit card. You can also use this number to track your credit card location.
If you wish to have a Kotak Mahindra Bank credit card, then your minimum income should be INR 3,00,000 per annum.
A person with Kotak credit card can also withdraw cash from any domestic and international ATMs. The feature is known as “Cash Advance”.
There is, of course, a fee when you use your credit card to withdraw some money. Typically bank charges vary from 2.5% to 3% of the withdrawn amount.
The minimum age requirement to apply for a Kotak Credit card is 21 years, whereas the maximum age is 65 years.