Standard Chartered Bank is one of the renowned financial service providers in India. It offers a wide range of services, including credit card facilities. With its user-friendly credit cards, the applicants will get additional benefits such as cashback, various rewards, benefits, and discounts on famous food applications.
Ways to Track Standard Chartered Credit Card
Steps to check your Standard Chartered credit card status Online
- Log on to https://www.sc.com/in/help/creditcard/cardapplication/
- Enter your mobile number or application reference number.
- Click on the submit button.
Check Standard Chartered Credit Card Status Offline
Visit your nearest Standard Chartered branch to track your credit card status offline. You just need to provide your photo and application reference number to the bank representative. Else, you can speak to the Standard Chartered Bank customer care on the toll-free number (STD code) – 6601 4444 / 3940 4444.
You might like: Track Your SBI Credit Card Status
Different Types of Standard Chartered Credit Card Status Means
- In-Process: When your application request is still under process, and the documents are being verified, then the status will appear as “in-progress” on the screen.
- Dispatched: After approving your application and verifying all the documents, the bank will dispatch your credit card. The credit card will be delivered within 3 to 4 business days.
- On-hold: If you have not provided all the essential documents, then the bank will keep your application request on hold. Once all the documents are submitted, then the bank will review your application request.
- Declined: The bank will disapprove your credit card application if you fail to meet the bank’s eligibility criteria. The bank may also decline your request if your credit score is poor. The bank will inform you about the disapproval of your application through an E-mail, SMS or a phone call.
- No Records Found: If there is any invalid information or difference in the mobile number, then the status will be displayed as “no records found”.
How do I Redeem My Credit Card points Online?
- Go to the bank’s online website.
- Click on our products.
- Search for the “Credit Card” section, and then click on it.
- Go to 360° Rewards under ‘Credit Card Features’.
- Click on ‘Redeem Now’ button.
- The system will display several gift options with reward points
- Select a suitable gift
- Select the “Add to cart” button
- To claim your rewards, log on to your Standard Chartered net banking and grab the gift.
How to Check Credit Limit of Standard Chartered Credit Card?
- Go to the Standard Chartered website or Standard Chartered mobile application.
- Click on the option “card” > “card summary” on the website or select the “credit cards” option in the mobile application menu.
- Select “card details”.
- Check your “approved” and “available” credit limit.
Benefits of Standard Chartered Credit Card
- Low rate of interest: Standard Chartered Bank charges low-interest rates on the outstanding credit balance.
- Assure savings: Standard Chartered Bank guarantees various offers on its credit cards. For example, Cashback on phone bills, petrol bills, or any other utility bills. The user can get one reward point for every Rs 150 on the usage of the credit card.
- Cash Free Transactions: Instead of carrying more cash all the time, you can make use of credit cards. All the transactions made through credit cards are completely safe. If you see any unauthorized credit card transaction, then you must immediately report to the bank. Also, you need not pay for unauthorized transactions.
- More Concessions: Use Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card and get concessions like 5% cashback on duty-free outlets and priority pass which guarantees access to around 1000 international and domestic airports across the world.
- Payments Gateway: The bank has a tie-up with over 7000 merchants worldwide, enabling the users to make quick transactions through the bank’s Net banking online payment gateway.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Standard Chartered Credit Card
- The age of the applicant should be between 21 to 65 years.
- The applicant must have a minimum income of Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 3 lakh per year.
- The applicant must reside in the same location where the bank’s Credit Cards are available.
- The applicant must fulfill all the necessary requirements as per the Bank’s guidelines.
Documents Required for applying for Credit Card
- Identity proof: The documents required for applying for Standard Chartered Bank’s Credit Card are PAN card, election card, passport etc.
- Address proof: Any documents like driving license, bank statement, utility bills or passport with current residential address is required.
- Photograph: The applicant should provide one recent passport size photograph
- Financial Documents: If you are a salaried person, then you must submit a 1-month salary slip. The documents required from a businessman or self-employed professionals are recent income tax returns or certified financial or business continuity proof.
Some Useful FAQs
If the applicant provides all the required documents and meets the bank’s eligibility criteria, then it will take around 3 to 4 weeks to process the application.
The applicant’s credit card will be approved if the credit score is more than 700.
No. You don’t need to have an account in Standard Chartered Bank to get the credit card.
When the applicant’s credit card application is approved, a number is sent through a letter called the Airway Bill number. The applicant can track their credit card package with this number.
To get your Standard Chartered bank statements online, you have to apply for E-Statement service. Visit the Standard Chartered official website and click on the ‘e-Statements and e-Advices’ button and select the “View e-Statement” to see the last 24 months statement.