Clavam 625 is a penicillin-type antibiotic that is prescribed for the treatment of all kinds of bacterial infection that includes throat infection, skin infection, lung infection etc. It has two compounds that are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. The medicine is not recommended for the treatment of cold and flu. Though the tablet is safe, however, it may have some side effects. Also, make sure that you keep your doctor well informed about your medical and health condition as the tablet may interact differently with different medicines and diseases. Read more to know in detail about its uses, prices, composition and side effects.
Composition: Amoxicillin – 500 MG, Clavulanic acid – 125 MG
Manufacturer: Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Medicine Type: Antibiotic
Prescription Required: Yes
Form: Tablets, Syrups & Injections
Price: ₹ 200.55 (Pack of 10 Tablets)
Expiry Date: 24 months from manufactured date
Variants: This tablet is available in syrup form with the strength of 200 mg of Amoxycillin and 28.5 mg of Clavulanic Acid.
Table of Contents
Clavam 625 Uses and Benefits
Like Taxim O, tab Clavam 625 mg is an antibiotic consisting of two medicines- Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid. . It inhibits the growth of the bacteria. Clavam 625 is used for treating the following bacterial infections:
1. Infections in the Lungs- Lung infections could be caused due to bacteria, viruses and fungus. During the lung infection, the smaller air sacs of the lungs are affected. One of the common types of lung infection is pneumonia. Cap clavam 625 stops the growth of all types of bacteria and fungi and cures the infection.
2. Skin Infection- The infections can be caused by fungus, bacteria, and parasites. If not treated timely, it can lead to several skin problems, including pimples, acne, Abscess, Warts and verrucas, scabies and many others, to name.
3. Ear Infection- The root cause of bacterial infection in-ear is the growth of the bacteria such as Haemophilus influenza, Streptococcus pneumonia. Or it can be caused due to the virus that leads to flu and cold.
4. Throat Infection- Also, known as sore throat, throat Infection is characterised as irritation and scratchiness, which could be due to bacteria, or viral infection like cold and flue
5. Sinusitis- One of the leading causes of sinus infection is chemical irritation and allergy that could be due to bacteria, fungus or virus growth within the sinus.
6. Infection in Genitals- Excess growth of bacteria, yeast cells and virus lead to vaginal infection. Tab clavam 625 mg stops the growth of bacteria and provides relief from vaginal and other types of infections in the genitals.
7. Gonorrhea-This is yet another type of bacterial infection that could result from sexually transmitted bacteria in men and women. This infection generally infects the rectum or throat, urethra. Gonorrhoea is spread during oral, anal and vaginal sex. If not cured on time in women, it can also infect the cervix.
Clavam 625 Tablet Dosage
This tab dosages for adults per day is generally restricted to two times. However, the tab should be consumed as prescribed by your physician. The course of this medicine depends on how severe your infection is.
You can take this antibiotic either with or after the meal. Take the tablet along with the water and do not crush it; instead, swallow it whole. Also, do not dissolve the medicine in the water.
How does Clavam 625 Tablet Works?
It contains two different compounds called Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid. Both these compounds functions in different ways.
Amoxicillin: Amoxicillin is antibiotic and prevents the growth of bacteria that could otherwise lead to a number of bacterial infections. It kills active bacteria and dissolves bacterial colonies.
Clavulanic Acid: Like human beings, bacteria also have an immune system that releases certain enzymes to attack antibiotics. Clavulanic acid fights with bacterial enzymes and turn them into an inactive form.
Side Effects of Clavam 625 MG Tablet
Although this tablet is completely safe, its effect would vary from person to person. At times the tablet can lead to a number of side effects. If you witness any of the below-listed side effects, do consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- Skin rashes
- State of lethargies
In some cases, it can also lead to the following severe health problems:
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warning Related to Clavam 625
- It may reduce the efficiency of the birth pills, and women taking birth pills should avoid this antibiotic.
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should consult their doctors and inform them about their medical and health conditions to avoid the harmful effects of this tablet.
- People with kidney diseases and renal failure should avoid taking this medicine.
- Asthma patients should also avoid the medicine.
- If you have any kind of allergies, refrain from taking this tablet.
- Do not take the medicine with, before or after drinking alcohol.
Clavam 625 Tab Interaction with Other Drugs and Diseases
Clavam 625 Interactions with other Drugs:
- Avoid taking Clavam 625 MG tablet with Warfarin as it can lead to certain health conditions, including dizziness, bleeding and weakness.
- Also, it should not be taken along with Doxycycline and similar antibiotics as it causes a number of side effects.
- When taken with Methotrexate and other drugs used during chemotherapy may cause toxicity.
Clavam 625 Tab Interaction with Diseases
- People with Colitis should avoid taking Clavam 625mg tablet as it could further cause severe diarrhoea.
- If you have Mononucleosis, the Clavam 625 MG can lead to hypersensitivity, skin allergy and swelling, so avoid taking the tab.
- If you are suffering from Hemodialysis, avoid taking Clavam 625 MG as it would have side effects.
Substitutes of Clavam 625
- Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet
- Mega-CV 625 Tablet
- Lightbox 625 Tablet
- Duet 625 Tablet
- Lupin Ltd
- Pinoclav 500mg/125mg Tablet
- Clavoford 500mg/125mg Tablet
- Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet
- Novamox CV 625mg Tablet
- Advent 625 Tablet
How to Store the Tablet?
Store the tablet at room temperature in a dry or cool place. Keep it away from the sunlight. Also, make sure the drug is kept away from kids and pets.
Clavam 625 is recommended by a doctor for the treatment of bacterial infection. However, it does not come in handy in treating fever and cough. The tablet has two compounds that inhibit the growth of bacteria. Adults can take it two times a day or as prescribed by the day. Do not take the medicine along with alcohol. Also, avoid taking it if you have other serious health problems as it could lead to a number of complications.
Though the antibiotic is safe, however, pregnant women should consult their doctor for the course of the medication.
Clavam 625 mg tablet is an antibiotic that is prescribed to treat all types of bacterial infections.
No, the medicine does not help in the treatment of cold and cough.
Yes, it stops the growth of the bacteria that leads to a throat infection.
Yes, the medicine is generally prescribed two times a day.
The price of the Clavam 625 mg tablet is ₹ 200.55. After a discount, you can get it at the price of ₹185.