Candid B cream is a combination of Beclometasone and Clotrimazole. Beclometasone is effective on fungal infections, while Clotrimazole works on the itchiness, redness, and inflammation. The combination of both makes it very useful in yeast infection, jock itch, dermatitis, and other skin infections. In this blog, we have compiled all the information one needs to know before using this ointment. You will see the usage, dosage, composition, price, side effects, and more. Even though we have curated the information based on doctor’s views yet do not start self-treatment. Visit the doctor before you start using it.
- Composition: Beclometasone and Clotrimazole
- Manufacturer: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Medicine Type: Anti-fungal, Anti-allergic, and Steroidal
- Prescription Required: No
- Price: MRPRs.128 for 1 tube of 20gm
- Variants: Cream, powder, soap, drops, and tablets
- Monila Plus Cream
- Moncid B Cream
- Canison B Cream
- Rizole B Cream Kansel B Cream
- Clozol B Ointment
- Fungidid-B Cream
Uses and Benefits of Candid B Cream
Candid B Cream is prescribed to treat the following ailments:
- Use the Candid B Cream if you need to treat oral fungal infection or candidiasis.
- You can use the ointment to treat Jock itch.
- The doctors prescribe the medicine to treat infection in unexposed skin like the armpit, penis, big toes, vagina.
- You can use the cream to treat inflammation in the nose and ear.
- If you see inflammation of the skin called dermatitis, this cream can be used.
- The cream can treat common ringworm infections.
- If you have skin rashes due to diaper or sanitary napkin, you can you candid be cream.
- This ointment can treat the skin condition of Eczema.
- This cream can treat
- diseases with symptoms of fungal infection.
What is Fungal Infection and How it Starts?
Fungi are quick growing microorganisms that can survive in air, soil, water, plants, and the human body. Like any other microorganism, some are helpful, and some are harmful. Fungi grow on the human body when they find the ideal place to grow- damp, dark, and covered spots. It generally forms a colony in unexposed skin of the human body, like the armpit, between big toes, between the legs. If the fungi colony is small, our immune system can fight it, but it becomes a problem if it grows. The Candid b cream is effective on fungi infected akin area.
Is Candid B Ointment Useful for Yeast Infection?
The Candid B Cream is an anti-fungal and anti-allergic ointment used to treat various fungal infections. When the yeast colony grows, it causes burning, vaginal itching, white discharge, fever. The medicine is useful in stopping the breeding of yeasts. If you see black or red rashes on your unexposed skin, it might be yeast infect. However, consult the doctor before you start using it.
Is Candid B Cream Useful for Babies?
Skin rashes are common in babies as they are in diapers, and the dampness of the area might trigger the growth of fungal infection. Doctors prescribe the ointment for babies if the fungus is the reason for baby rash, for the kids use Candid Kz Kids cream to treat rashes.
How to Apply Candid B Cream?
Follow the instruction of doctors on the dosage of the ointment. The dose is determined based on the severity of the infection, age, and medical history. You can use it once or twice a day for a week. The dosage for babies varies, so you should consult to the doctor.
Adults- 10mg once or twice a day
Children– use Candid Kz Kids 5mg once a day
Missed Dose – In case you miss the dose, apply it immediately. If it is already time for the next dose, then wait for the scheduled time. Even though it is ointment yet, use it diligently and don’t miss the dose.
Overdose -In no case, you should over apply the cream. However, if you doubt overdose, then immediately visit the doctor.
How Candid B Cream Works?
Candid B Cream is a combination of two-element, Clotrimazole and Beclometasone. Each of the ingredients has a different role in treating the disease. Clotrimazole works as an anti-fungal component in medicine. It changes the cell wall permeability of fungal cells, stopping the exchange of elements from the surroundings and killing it. Whereas Beclometasone is corticosteroid by its chemical properties and effectively reduces the inflammation, rashes, itching, and redness. These components work together to target the affected area.
Side Effects of Candid B Cream
The cream contains Clotrimazole and Beclometasone. Both elements show major or minor side effects. We have listed few side effects here but consult your doctor immediately if you face any unusual change.
- Blisters under the skin
- Bruising of skin
- Burning sensation on the skin
- Skin rashes
- Unusually warm skin
- Skin Redness
- Itchy and dry skin
- White patches on cream applied skin
Precaution and Warning Related to Candid B Cream
When you visit the doctor, inform about your medical history, current medication, and habits. It can determine how safe the cream is for you. The doctors could let you know of the precautions you need to take while using Candid b. Pay attention to the doctor’s precaution and warning.
- Pregnancy: This ointment is not safe for pregnant women unless the benefit is more significant. Discuss the precautions and warning with the doctors before you start applying for the medicine.
- Lactating women: It is advised not to take medicine if you are breastfeeding. Discuss the condition and precautions with your doctors regarding the same. The doctor can suggest using this medicine if it is necessary.
- Use in Children: Children below 12 years should not use candid b cream. This ointment is not safe for young children.
- Alcohol: There is no evidence to say that it cannot be applied with alcohol consumption.
- The ointment is for external use only. Do not apply to open wounds.
- Avoid its contact with eyes, mucous membrane, or open wound.
- Keep the area open after applying the ointment.
- Do not wear tight clothes after application of the cream.
- Don’t use bare hands to apply cream; instead, use clinical gloves for it.
- Apply the ointment only on the infected areas as it is contagious and it spreads.
- You should always check the expiry date of the medicine cream.
Interaction of Candid B Cream
Before starting a medicine or ointment, it is wise to know when the medication can react indifferently. Generally, drugs interact with other medications, food, alcohol, preexisting disease, and other elements. Following is the list of the elements which could react with Candid b cream.
Interaction with Drug
Interactions with Disease
- Liver Disease
- Other Infections
- Ocular herpes infection
- Ocular Toxicities
Candid B Cream Contraindications:
- Cushing’s Syndrome
- Liver Disease
- Abdominal Pain
How to Store Candid B Cream?
Candid B comes in a tube, and it is advised to keep it in a cool and dry place. Please keep it away from direct sunlight or any heat source as it can change its chemical properties. When you open the tube, use it within 6 months. Please keep it away from the reach of children.
Candid B cream is anti-fungal, anti-allergic, and steroidal in nature. Doctors prescribe this medicine to the patients struggling with fungal infections, skin rashes, redness, and itchiness. The body areas which are prone to dampness are more likely to get fungal infections. We have curated the uses, dosage, side effects, precaution, and warnings in this blog. You can consider looking for Soframycin, which helps in healing skin diseases. We hope this blog was informative and helpful for you.
Candid ointment is used to treat fungal disease, itchiness, redness, skin inflammation, and other skin problems. Go through the blog for more information.
You can apply candid cream on the infected area wearing clinical gloves. The adults can use 10mg or as prescribed by your doctor. Apply very a thin layer of the cream and make sure you apply only in the infected area. Don’t run around as it is mildly contagious and spreads quickly.
Generally, doctors prescribe the ointment for a week depending on the severity of the infection.
The other variant of Candid B cream is Candid powder. You can dust the powder on the infected areas and keep the area uncovered for a while.
Candid B cream is not safe for babies or children before 12 years of age. For kids, you can consider buying Candid Kz Kids after a doctor’s consultation.
Yes, Candid b contains Beclometasone, which is an effective anti-fungal remedy. It alternates the cell wall and stops the exchange of elements from the surrounding. This eventually prevents the fungal colony from breeding and growing.
Clotrimazole is anti-allergic in nature, and it treats itchiness, skin swelling, redness, and other fungal related problems.