The Taxim-O syrup is primarily an antibiotic that is useful in treating certain bacterial infections. It belongs to the cephalosporin group of medicines, killing bacteria by disrupting the ability to build their cell walls. This syrup is readily available in chemist shops. To learn more about Taxim O Syrup, its uses, composition, dosage, side effects, storage, and precautions, you should continue reading.
Composition: Cefixime (50g/5ml)
Manufacturer: Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Medicine Type: Antibiotic (Cephalosporin group)
Prescription Required: Yes
Price: Rs.69 for 30 ML.
Variants: Syrup, tablet, and chewable tablet
Substitutes: Ceftas, Extacef, Milixim, Rite O Cef, Taxim O, Zifi and Zim Tablet.
Table of Contents
Taxim O Syrup Uses
Taxim O is primarily used to kill certain types of bacteria in our bodies and protect us from infection. Therefore, it effectively stops the growth of bacteria in the respiratory tract, nasal sinus cavity, urinary tract, and STD diseases like Gonorrhoea and others. Let’s see what infections and diseases you can treat with it.
- Bacterial ear infection
- Urinary infection (such as e-coli)
- Tonsillitis (Sore Throat)
- Kidney Infection
- Typhoid Fever
- Skin Infections
How Taxim O Syrup works?
Taxim is an antibiotic that restrains the development of the colony of bacteria. It interrupts the bacteria while they being to build their cell walls. This interruption results in the killing of certain harmful bacteria. Therefore, it prevents them from growing in your respiratory tract, urinary tract, skin, etc.
Taxim O Syrup Dosage
It is wise to visit or consult the doctor for an exact prescription for the dosage of Taxim O. The dose of any medicine depends on the age, weight, medical records, and advice of the doctor. You can consume the medicine before or after a meal.
Adults: 15 to 30 ml twice a day
Children: 8 ml twice a day
Infants: 4 ml twice a day
- The dose of the syrup should be measured well using a measuring cup. You should not use the spoon as the estimated measuring device as it would not help you take the exact prescribed dose.
- The dose varies according to age. So, be careful especial when you are giving medicine to children and infants.
- The weight of the body also affects the dose of medicine. Consult your doctor for it.
- You need to shake the bottle before you use it properly.
- Keep the measuring device clean and store safely.
- You should carefully read the dosage section in the instruction leaflet given with the bottle.
- Complete the prescribed dose, and don’t stop in midway as bacteria tend to grow back. Consult the doctor before stopping the use.
- If you use antibiotics frequently, bacteria can get acquainted with them in time, and it might no longer work.
Side Effects of Taxim O Syrup
Take the advice of a doctor before you start taking medicine. The use of syrup is safe and does not have a severe side effects of medication. However, one should take the necessary precautions to be aware of the minor and probable significant side effects. We have listed some health problems that might occur if the medicine does not suit your body.
- Body Rash
- Severe Stomach Pain
- Watery Diarrhoea
- Mild Headache
- White discharge
- Mild Flatulence
- Severe Dizziness
- Moderate Jaundice
- Slight swelling
- Other allergic reactions
Precautions and Warning Related to Taxim O Syrup
The usage of syrup is effective on bacterial infections; however, you need to be cautious when not using it to avoid a negative effect. It is always advised to visit the doctor before you start the does as they will suggest you exact does according to your BMI, age, and medical history. Following are some precautions you should take while using Taxim 0:
- Avoid if you have an account of kidney problems.
- Avoid taking it just before driving.
- Don’t take if you have liver problems.
- Avoid if you are a patient of encephalopathy.
- Avoid if you are a patient of hemolytic anemia.
- Consult a doctor before taking the do if you are pregnant.
- Avoid if you have inflammation in the digestive.
- Take specific precautions for infant patients.
How to Store Taxim O Syrup?
The syrup is packaged in bottles. When you break the seal, you need to close the cap tightly. It is advisable to store the bottle below 25°C so you can keep it in the refrigerator. You need to keep in a dark place, away from direct sunlight, as the composition’s nature might change. Keep it away from children. Remember that after you break the seal, you can use it for 14 days and discard it even if it is unused.
Taxim O Syrup Interactions
If you happen to take one or more medicine together, the drug might react, and the result will harm us. Therefore, it is good to educate ourselves on what drugs or chemicals react to the medicine we are taking. This will bring down the risk of any known chemical reaction. Following are some categories that are not compatible with the chemical composition of Taxim O:
Taxim O interaction with medicine:
- Amicin Injection
- Cholera Vaccine
- Ovral G
- Ethinyl Estradiol
Taxim O interaction with our food:
- It is safe if we take it with our food.
- Its interaction with alcohol is under study.
Taxim O affects our diagnostic report:
- The test to determine the Coombs Test does the presence of hemolytic anemia in our body. Taking Taxim O might give wrong results to this test.
- The pathology lab conducts a Ketone identification test to identify urine infection. The usage of Taxim O might affect the results of ketones.
- If a person is treated for a seizure, they use the medicine called carbamazepine. This chemical can react with Taxim O and give adverse results.
- If you are going to test Glucose content in urine, you should not take this medicine before giving samples for the test. Else, the chemical will react, and the correct amount of glucose will not show up in the reports.
Taxim O syrup is an antibacterial drug. It kills and protects us from the growth of a bacterial colony in our body. Cefixime is the syrup’s primary element, and it primarily works in breaking the cell wall of bacteria. It is effective in bacterial infections in the ear, respiratory tract, urinary tract, SDT disease, and others. You should consult the doctor for the exact dose for you. While consuming the medicine, also care to look go through the side effects and precautions. Avoid the drug if your body is not compatible with it. Check the list of the precautions. Remember that bacteria often come back if you leave the midway, so try to follow the prescription even if you feel much better. If things get worse, stop self-treatment and get hospitalized. Thanks to your health insurance plan, all expenses will be covered. Eat well, and get well soon.
Taxim O syrup is a beneficial antibiotic medicine. It is used when you suffer an ailment because of bacterial infections.
If you have a bacterial infection in the stomach, Taxim O will be effective. It kills harmful bacteria, but it can cause diarrhea.
Yes, Cefixime or Taxim O can be used to treat cough if coughing is bacteria and not a virus. If you are suffering from viral flu, then antibiotics would not work.
Taxim O Forte is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial diseases. It should be used as prescribed by the doctors. However, the general dose for adults is 20ml twice a day and 8ml twice a day for children.
It depends on the cause of the cough. If a virus or bacterial is the cause of the cough, it will take some time to go away. You need to take medicines, warm water, honey, and other commonly known remedies. If the problem of cough comes with a sore throat, you can take hard candy medicine like strepsils, and others.
Your throat tells you the reason for the cough. If there are small white dots on your tonsil, it is a bacterial infection. It is has turned red without the spots, possibly it is caused by the virus.
No, you should not take medicine before you plan to drive, as it will make you dizzy.
Consult the doctor for the dose. However, generally, it is advised to take medicine for 5-7 days, depending on the severity.