Do you find it hard to swallow or have inflammation in Bronchial tubes? If yes, is the answer then can take Ascoril LS Syrup. The syrup is available for children as well. However, make sure you consult with your doctor for the appropriate dosage. The medicine has three main ingredients- Guaifenesin, Levosalbutamol, and Ambroxol, that help treat cough and thickening of the mucus. It can also help treat other health problems like asthma, sinusitis, chest congestion, and respiratory problems. Read more to know about the Ascoril LS Syrup uses, price, composition & side effects in detail.
Composition: Ambroxol (30mg) + Levosalbutamol (1mg) + Guaifenesin (50mg)
Manufacturer: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Type: Syrup
Medicine Nature: Mucolytic Agent
Price: ₹98.5 (100 ml in 1 bottle)
Variants: Ascoril Plus Expectorant, Ascoril LS Drops, and Ascoril LS Junior Syrup
Substitutes: Kufril LS Syrup, Bronkolyte Levo PD Syrup, Emcoril Syrup, Asthalin Plus Expectorant, Altex -PD Syrup, Brozeet Plus Syrup, Nakuf LS Syrup, Ambril Plus Syrup, and Alex Cough syrup.
Ascoril LS Syrup Uses for Adults and Kids
Uses of Ascoril LS Syrup for Adults
- The syrup is primarily used to treat cold and cough
- The syrup is prescribed to treat acute sore throat.
- It also helps to cure thick mucus cough.
- The syrup is also prescribed to patients who have chronic or acute bronchopulmonary diseases.
- It also helps in the treatment of constricted airways.
- The medicine also treats symptoms of asthma amongst adults.
- Doctors also prescribe Ascoril LS Syrup to patients who have chest congestion.
Ascoril LS Junior Syrup Uses
Ascoril LS Junior is prescribed for kids to cure the symptoms of asthma attacks that include spasm and blockage in the lungs. It also helps to treat chronic bronchitis, swelling, and inflammation in air passages in the lungs.
What is Acute Bronchitis?
It is a health condition in which the lining of bronchial tubes is inflamed or starts swelling. Bronchial tubes carry air from and to the lungs. The primary cause of acute bronchitis is an infection in the respiratory organ. Its symptoms include- thickening of mucus, shortness of breath, cough, fatigue, runny nose, headache, difficulty sleeping, sore throat, and postnasal drip. The problem is common among kids and adults.
Ascoril LS Syrup Dosage for Kids and Adults
One should take the syrup on the doctor’s recommendation. The dosage of syrup depends on the patient’s medical history, current medicines he has been taking, existing health conditions, and age. The syrup can be taken after or before the meal
Dosage for Adults
The standard dose for adults is 30 mg to 120 mg per day
Dosage for Child
The dosage amongst kids varies according to their age. Kids above three years can take it. You can also give Levolin Syrup for treating cough.
How Syrup Ascoril LS Works?
Ascoril LS is a mucolytic agent that diffuses the thick mucus. It is regarded as a combination of medicine and has inflammatory properties that control inflammation and swelling. The syrup is mainly prescribed by the doctor to cure mucus and cough. It defuses the thick mucus and provides relief from itching, sneezing, and watery eyes. It relaxes the muscles in the airways and promotes mucus clearance.
Ascoril LS Syrup Side Effects
Though there are no severe side effects of this medicine, people might witness some of the below-listed side effects. In case the condition is serious, stop consuming the medicine and consult the doctor as soon as possible.
- Dry mouth or throat
- Heart palpitations
- Abdominal pain
- Respiratory tract inflammation
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Hypokalemia-Condition when potassium level is low in the blood.
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle, or joint) pain
- Allergy or rashes
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warning Related with Syrup Ascoril LS
- Follow the dosage, as suggested by the doctor.
- Take this medicine at a fixed time.
- In case you miss the dosage, have it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is the time for your next dose, then skip the dose.
- Do not take an overdose of the medicine; it shall result in side effects. Consult your doctor in case there is any severe health problem.
- Patients that are hypersensitive towards Ambroxol, Guaifenesin, or Levosalbutamol should avoid the usage of the syrup.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers should consult their doctor and inform them about their health conditions in detail before starting the dosage.
- Patients with liver and kidney impairment must take all the necessary precautions while taking the syrup.
How to store Ascoril LS Syrup?
The medicine should be stored in a dry and cool place. It should be kept away from kids’ and pets’ reach. The medicine must be stored in good condition to maintain its effects.
Ascoril LS Syrup Interaction with Drugs and Alcohol
Taking two medicines at the same time might reduce the efficiency of both the medication. To avoid this, one should consult his doctor and inform him/her about other medicines that you have been taking. Below we have listed a few medicines that can react when taken with the syrup.
Interaction with Alcohol:
One should not take the syrup along with the alcohol as it would increase the chances of the side effects and reduce the medicine’s efficiency. For effective results, avoid consuming alcohol before and after the intake of medicine.
Ascoril syrup is a combination drug that has anti-inflammatory properties. It is a Mucolytic Agent that defuses thick mucus. It helps treat runny nose, chest congestion, common cold, and stuffy nose. The medicine can also be prescribed for the treatment of acute Bronchitis and Asthma, and its synonyms.
It is used to treat cough and symptoms of asthma and other respiratory problems.
Parents can give Ascoril LS Junior Syrup to kids above and below three years as it is safe for them.
No, Ascoril is not banned in India.
Ascoril LS is cough syrup. It is not an antibiotic.
Yes, Ascoril can be used to treat cough, runny nose, and bronchitis.
Both Ascoril and Ascoril LS are cough syrups; however, Ascoril has high mucolytic properties.