Suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS)? Or is your kid having sleepless nights due to stomach ache or cramping? Cyclopam is sure to offer relief to both of you. Cyclopam is an antispasmodic medicine that is used for curing intestinal and stomach disorders. Not just this, Cyclopam is also taken by women at the time of their menstrual cycle to get relief from the abdominal pain.
So, if your kid is suffering from stomach ache due to indigestion, a question that hovers on your mind is what is the ideal dosage of Cyclopam for kids having stomach ache and indigestion. We have the answer for you. The ideal dose for Cyclopam is a single 10 mg tablet to be taken orally at an interval of 6 to 8 hours. You should, however, make sure that the dose must not exceed 40 mg per day.
Table of Contents
How Cyclopam Works?
Available in the form of suspension and tablets, Cyclopam relaxes the muscles of our stomach and intestine as it slows down the movement of the gut. It thus relieves you from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and also lessens the feeling of cramping in the stomach.
Cyclopam Suspension Dosage
- Shake the medicine well before using it.
- Use a measuring cup to take the medicine in the quantity prescribed by your physician.
- Make sure you check the directions before use.
- Take the Cyclopam suspension with food.
Before we move ahead and discuss are about the ingredients used in Cyclopam, we would know a little about what it cures, which is Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS).
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS)?
Irritable Bowel syndrome is a disorder that impacts our large intestine. Abdominal pain, heart-burn, pain in lower back, bloating, abnormal stool consistency, diarrhea / constipation are some of the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS). Cyclopam provide relief to patients experiencing such symptoms.
How to keep Irritable Bowel Syndrome at Bay?
Below food items need to be avoided by people struggling from Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS).
- Spicy food and carbonated drinks: They increase the acid reflux in the stomach and worsen the condition of Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS).
- Sulphurous or Gas Producing Vegetables & Food: Vegetables like cabbage, garlic, cauliflower, onions which causes flatulence should
- Coffee: Coffee contains Caffeine which is supposed to intensify the movement of intestinal muscles and thus also need to be avoided.
- Lactose containing food or sweet fruits and vegetables: Lactose is believed to increase the problem of Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS). Thus, food that contain lactose like ice-cream, milk, butter, custard, etc, along with fruits like berries, bananas and grapes also need to be avoided. Fruits like these contain sugar which may not be digested well by our body.
- Foods containing artificial sweeteners: Foods like sugar-free ice creams, diet food, etc. that contain a lot of artificial sweeteners are not recommended for people suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). This is because artificial sweeteners affect the process of digestion in our body and cause constipation, which may further aggravate the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Now that we know about the major issue which is treated by Cyclopam, let us move ahead and discuss about the ingredients present in Cyclopam tablets & syrup.
You Might Also Like – Aristozyme- Say Goodbye to All Your Digestive Disorders
- Dicycloverine Hydrochloride
Chemical composition of Cyclopam
Chemically, Cyclopam has [Bicyclohexyl]-1-carboxylic acid, 2-(diethyl-amino) ethyl ester, hydrochloride. The Chemical formula of which is C19H35NO2-HCI.
How Cyclopam looks like?
Cyclopam Drops are white, crystalline and almost odourless powder. It is soluble in water and has a bitter taste.
Absorption of Cyclopam
About 70% of the medicine is absorbed after oral administration.
Who all should avoid Cyclopam?
- Cyclopam must not be given to infants who are younger than 6 months.
- Cyclopam should be consumed by breastfeeding mothers or pregnant females only after consulting their doctor.
- Patients with issues like enlarged prostate, heart issues, urination issues, high blood pressure, liver issues, thyroid, or kidney problems or issues in the intestine, glaucoma must also consult their doctors before consuming Cyclopam.
- People who have consumed alcohol must also avoid taking Cyclopam.
Some more points to keep in mind
You must never take more than the prescribed dose for Cyclopam. If you happen to miss your Cyclopam dose, you must never take a double dose. Instead, take the next dose at the stipulated time slot ie. as per the schedule. Also, you must remember that you must never take an overdose of Cyclopam medicine or consume an expired dose or tablet. Don’t forget to check the expiry date of the medicine before consuming it. Always store the medicine away from sunlight and direct exposure to heat. Make sure you keep the medicines away from the reach of children.
Precautions while using Cyclopam
- One should not consume Cyclospam if you are allergic to any of the ingredients present in the medicine.
- You should also take a dose of Cyclopam if you suffer from hypersensitivity.
You Might Also Like – Becosules Capsule Uses, Benefits, Composition & Side Effects
Cyclopam Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Cyclopam include the following:
- Short term memory loss
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
Other allergic reactions that may arise due to Cyclopam include swelling on lips, face, and throat and red itchy patches on the skin.
According to user feedback regarding Cyclopam 30 ml syrup, 80% of the users found the syrup effective. 29% users each used the syrup just once or twice a day and found it to be helping them in curing their issues. Also, 29% each found the price of Cyclopam as very economical and economical. Thus, you may use Cyclopam for your abdominal pain and gastric issues and you are sure to get relief. However, if you have any of the symptoms that we have discussed above, you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine to avoid any kind of complications and issues.