Unienzyme tablets help in treating infections or issues which are related to digestion, gastric conditions, and/ or other stomach oriented issues.
Unienzyme tablets Uses, Benefits & Review
1. Treats in the condition of constipation
Unienzyme consists of papain, which can be of help here. Papain is a papaya content that is helpful in providing relief from the symptoms of bloating and constipation. Even people with severe gastrointestinal dysfunction can find relief with this tablet.
2. Helps in providing relief to stomach pain
The binding property of a substance that is activated charcoal is present in this tablet. The activated charcoal compound helps in getting rid of stomach pain. The charcoal helps in binding to the toxins and flushes them out eventually. It may alleviate stomach aches.
The activated charcoal can also help in treating diarrhea. According to a study conducted in Canada, activated charcoal has a lot of potential for the same. Brownie points for the fact that your digestive health also improves with all the toxins out of your body.
3. Helpful in curing acid reflux
According to a few studies, it is stated that the activated charcoal content of the unienzyme tablets soaks up the excess acid present in your stomach. This helps in providing relief from acidity and acid reflux.
4. Aids in treating stomach gas
Yet again, the superior content in unienzyme, the activated charcoal, has multiple benefits. It helps in reducing the symptoms of abdominal cramps and stomach gas as well.
If you consume activated charcoal compound orally after a meal the produces gas, then your breath experiences an increased amount of hydrogen concentrations. This makes sure that the hydrogen concentrations in your stomach reduce along with the associated symptoms.
Benefits of Unienzyme tablets
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Herpes zoster
- Throat swelling or soreness
- Bile flow problems at the time of pregnancy
Unienzyme Tablets Side Effects
Every person reacts to medicine differently. The following are the side effects that have been observed in people who consume unienzyme pills. They may or may not be accurate in your case.
- Black stools
- Mild irritation on the skin
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal distress
- Joints pain
- Painful or frequent urination
Dosage of Unienzyme tablets
- If stated generally, the tablets must be taken after a proper prescription from a doctor.
- However, if you wish to consume a tablet in case of any of the above-mentioned conditions, and then make sure you have had a meal before you pop in a tablet.
- Swallow the tablet in one go and do not crush it, chew it break it.
Price of Unienzyme tablets
- Unienzyme Tablets cost INR 48.40 for a pack of 15 tablets
- Unienzyme Syrup costs for INR 87.50 for a bottle of 200ML
Composition of Unienzyme tablets
Unienzyme tablets are composed of mainly three active ingredients or salts which include the following:
Fungal Diastase: 100 milligrams
This helps in breaking down the carbohydrates and also helps in the prevention of the malabsorption of food eaten.
Charcoal: 75 milligrams
The activated charcoal helps in binding the unwanted substances in your stomach and making sure they get flushed out of your body.
Papain: 60 milligrams
Papain is an enzyme that is extracted from papaya fruit and is helpful in breaking down the protein in the stomach and in improving the digestive system of your body.
Alternatives to Unienzyme tablets
- Acta Char
- Actidose Aqua Suspension
- Anzyme Tab
- Acti Char
- Activated charcoal/pepsin
- Actidose with Sorbitol
How to use Unienzyme tablets?
- The tablet is to be consumed in one go with a mild beverage.
- Do not consume it with alcohol
- Do not consume it on an empty stomach
- Do not chew it, crush it break it.
- A daily dose of 50 milligrams to 100 milligrams is suggested to be taken once or twice a day
- Always consult a doctor before changing the dose or discontinuing of the medicine
How do Unienzyme tablets work?
- The papain content of the tablet helps in breaking down the protein
- The fungal diastase helps in breaking down the carbs
- The activated charcoal helps in the assimilation of toxins
When not to consume Unienzyme tablets?
During the following course of time, it is advisable that you do not consume unienzyme tablets as they can have an adverse effect on your health:
- Allergic reactions
Warnings about Unienzyme tablets
- Patients who have a case of abdominal bleeding must not take it
- Do not consume more than 2 tablets a day no matter what
- Professional advice works the best
- Always check the manufacturing date and the expiry date before consuming
- Do not abruptly start, stop, or change the course of medicine
Storage requirements of Unienzyme tablets
- Store the tablets in at room temperature
- Keep them in a cool and dry place
- Keep them away from sources of heat especially direct sunlight
- Do not store the tablets in the bathroom or near the sink to ensure that there is no contamination
- Keep away from children
Drugs not to combine with Unienzyme tablets
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Silver sulfadiazine topical
- Thimerosal topical
With that said, Unienzyme is a great relief provider. We hope this information was helpful. Always consult your doctor in the case of medicine consumption. You can go for a common dosage for this medication. Although, if you have any side effects from the same, you must consult your doctor right away!
Nothing major will come out of this. However, you must take the missed dose as soon as you can.
No, it does not have any habit-forming tendencies.
Overdose of the Unienzyme tablet can have a lot of adverse effects on your health. It is a case of emergency, and a doctor must be contacted immediately if anything as much happens.
Yes, it is available. However, it is better if you consult a doctor.
No, the Unienzyme tablet should be taken after meals or as directed by the physician.