Sibelium tablets helps in the prevention and treatment of vertigo and migraine. However, the effect only lasts until you continue to take the medicine. It also helps in preventing the dilation of blood vessels and treating migraine headaches.
Sibelium Salt Composition – Flunarizine 10 milligrams
Manufacturer – Janssen Pharmaceuticals
Uses of Sibelium Tablets
1. Prevention of Migraine Attacks – The primary purpose that Sibelium tablets serve is helping to recover from migraines. They help in treating and preventing migraine attacks.
2. Aids in the treatment of Vertigo – Vertigo is a condition in which your body experiences movements of head, especially falling of head and it may not be really happing. Also, sometimes you may experience dizziness and spinning of your head as well. In these conditions, sibelium tablets are always helpful.
3. Helps in curing peripheral vascular disease – Sibelium has active ingredients which help in providing relief from peripheral vascular disease.
4. Relieves motion sickness – Sibelium tablets have proven to be helpful when there is an issue of motion sickness amongst patients.
Common Dosage for Sibelium Tablets
One tablet in a day before you sleep is enough. However, it is always advisable that you get a prescription form a trusted doctor so that there are no possible side effects as such. Your doctor will be able to help you with your dosage in the best ways keeping in mind your physical attributes and also the condition you are facing and its severity.
When not to consume Sibelium Tablets?
1. Depression – If the patient has depression, Sibelium might not prove to be a good option.
2. Liver Disease – Do not consume Sibelium if you have a moderate to severe love impairment or disease.
3. Hypersensitivity or Allergy – If the patient is allergic or hypersensitive to Sibelium or its ingredients, do not take it.
4. Parkinson’s disease – Sibelium is not an option for people suffering from Parkinson’s disease.
Side effects of Sibelium Tablets
There are a lot of side effects which are concerned with the consumption of sibleium tablets. However, we have listed down some of the major side effects which will help you avoid them. Read these very carefully and avoid them as much as you can. In case of a severe side effect, immediately get help!
- Skin rash
- Muscle ache
- Menstrual irregularities
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
Warnings related to Sibelium tablets
- Do not consume more than the daily dose which has been prescribed. This may lead to severe side effects.
- Younger patients may encounter depression as a significant side effect
- Make sure that you do not alter the dose without getting a proper consultation
- A complete dosage is required to eliminate the symptoms of the disease
Precautions to take while consuming Sibelium tablets
- Do not consume Sibelium pills without food in your stomach. This may lead you to get gastric disease, and it may also worsen your condition.
- If you experience any allergic reaction after you have had Sibelium, you must immediately stop taking it and consult a doctor.
- For lactating women, extra caution should be taken.
- Avoid drug overdose.
Alternatives to Sibelium Tablets
1. Flugraine 10 MG Tablet – By Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
2. Flunarin 10 MG Tablet – By Fdc Ltd.
3. Migarid 10 MG Tablet – By Cipla Ltd.
4. Migranex 10 MG Tablet – By Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
5. Profigran 10 MG Tablet – By Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Store the tablets in a cool place where there is no scope of moisture. The temperature must not be more than 25 degrees Celsius. Keep the drug out of the reach of children.
Sibelium Tablets Price, Manufacture & Shelf Life
It will costs around Rs.148.90 for 30 tablets. These tablets are manufactured by J & J. Its shelf life is 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sibelium
Yes, a prescription is mandatory for you to avail these tablets.
No, you may want to avoid driving as it may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
Sibelium should be avoided if you are expecting a baby. It may be harmful and is not safe for the developing fetus. Always notify the doctor beforehand if you are pregnant or
planning to get pregnant.
In about two to three weeks, you can see the effect of the drug.
There should be a time gap of about six to eight hours minimum between two doses.
It depends on each case. Only after consulting a doctor can you make this decision.
No, there will be no effect on your menstrual cycle if you consume Sibelium tablets.
Hope this article will help you with all the information that you need. Sibelium tablets have their set of benefits but also have some side effects. Thus, it is better if you get your dosage and prescription before you start consuming this medicine on your own as it can prove to be harmful as well.