Ibugesic plus helps in the treatment of a lot of ailments including pain, fever, and bursitis or tendonitis. It is a combination of medicine which also helps at the time of menstrual cramps of pain due to arthritis.
Price of Ibugesic Plus – Rs 22.73 for 20 tablets.
Shelf Life / Expiry – 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Ibugesic Plus Uses & Benefits
The benefits of Ibugesic plus are majorly of two categories which include fever and pain.
1. Fever – It consists of paracetamol whose nature is anti-pyretic and it helps providing relief from fever.
2. Menstrual Cramps – Ibugesic plus provides help during the time of menstruation by alleviating abdominal cramps.
3. Headache – Ibugesic has NSAIDs which is a pain reliever.
4. Toothache – Moderate or mild toothache can be treated with ibugesic plus.
5. Muscular pain – Ibugesic plus helps in healing of tender joints and muscular pain in the case of gout and arthritis.
6. Tendonitis – Ibugesic plus has anti-inflammatory properties which help in decreasing the inflammation of tendon.
7. Bursitis – Ibugesic helps in lubricating fluid sacs in joints in the case of inflammation which is known as bursitis.
Ibugesic Plus Common Dosage
One tablet every 8 hours is counted to be the right dosage. However, it may depend on your condition as well. Consult your nearest and trusted doctor for an effective dosage and do not alter it unless and until you are suggested to do so by your doctor.
How to consume?
- It is available in suspension form or in the form of a tablet.
- Make sure that you do not crush the tablet, chew it, or break it. Consume the tablet as a whole in one go.
- If you are going to consume the suspension form of the medication then make sure that you shake the bottle well before using so that you consume a homogenous mixture of the drug and not a consolidated one. Always use a measuring cup for your dose so as to consume an accurate amount or quantity of the medicine and not more nor less.
When not to consume?
Ibugesic Plus has a lot of benefits associated with it. However, not everyone can reap its benefits. In certain conditions, it becomes necessary that you avoid taking this medicine so that you do not have to suffer negative consequences with the same. These are some of the conditions and situations in which you must not consume Ibugesic Plus:
- Liver or kidney disorder
- Heart diseases
- Gastric diseases
- Allergy to aspirin or same class of drugs
- Blood disorders
- Do not intake Ibugesic Plus on an empty stomach.
- If you experience an allergic reaction after consuming the drug, then you must consult your doctor immediately.
- There should be a fixed time gap or time interval between two dosages of Ibugesic plus.
- Drink an adequate amount of water so as to reduce the chance of indigestion or irritation by the drug.
- If you incur a case of an overdose, then visit your nearest doctor immediately
- Avoid prolonged use of Ibugesic plus as it may cause gastric bleeding
- If you a history of gastric problems, always tell your doctor about the same before getting a prescription about the same
Side effects of Ibugesic Plus
- Fluid retention
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Renal failure
- Hepatic damage
Composition of Ibugesic Plus
Ibugesic Plus has two main active ingredients which include:
Paracetamol 325mg + Ibuprofen 400mg
You Might Also Like – Combiflam Tablets Uses, Composition, Dosage & Side Effects
Alternatives to Ibugesic Plus
- Brupal Forte Tablet – By Geno Pharma, available at Rs. 10.
- Brufamol Tablet – By A Menarini India Pvt Ltd, available at Rs. 8.02.
- Ibuflamar P Tablet – By Indoco Remedies Ltd, available at Rs. 15.38.
- Combiflam Tablet – By Sanofi India Ltd, available at Rs. 31.48.
- Flexon Tablet – By Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, at Rs. 20.
It should be stored in a cool place and kept out of the reach of children. The temperature must not be more than 25 degrees Celsius.
Frequently Asked Questions
Around thirty to sixty minutes.
Yes, it is mandatory.
Yes, it may cause drowsiness. However, it varies with every individual.
Yes, it is legal in India and easily available on prescription.
Yes, it can be given to children only after consultation with a doctor.
No. This medicine can cause drowsiness and so it is better than you do not drive by yourself on those days when you have consumed this medicine.
This depends on the age of your child. Children below 6 years of age must not consume this medicine as it can be harmful for them. However, you may want to consult your doctor for the same so that you can get a proper dosage for your child for this medicine.