Are you suffering from gastric disorders, bacterial infection, or low immunity? Bifilac tablet is your solution. It is a type of anti-diarrheal drug which has microorganisms and good bacteria. Bifilac is available in many forms that including tablets, sachets, and syrup.
Do consult your doctor for the right dosage and make sure you inform him well so that Bifilac does not show any side effects. If in case you witness any side effects, stop the medicine and refer to your doctor. Read more to know Bifilac uses, dosage side effects, and composition.
Table of Contents
What is Bifilac?
Bifilac is an anti-diarrheal medicine used to cure problems like irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, and bacterial infections in children. Bifilacis in Bifilac is a probiotic, and the live bacteria is known to be a dietary supplement.
Manufacturer – Tablets India Limited
Prescription Required – Yes
Price – Rs. 191 (Pack of Two)
Type of Drug – Anti-Diarrheal
Substitute – Vibact -DS Capsule and Darolac Capsule, Vibact Sachet and Becelac PB Capsule
Bifilac Uses and Benefits
There are many bifilac tablets uses. Bifilac primarily helps to treat indigestion, which is caused due to damage in the intestinal epithelium. Bifilac is most commonly used for treating problems like:
- Diarrhea treatment
- Gastrointestinal disorders like colitis, and gastroenteritis.
- Constipation & Indigestion
- Issues related to Lactose intolerance
- Irritable bowel syndrome & Inflammatory bowel disease
- Reduction of serum cholesterol
- Bifilac Capsules are beneficial in treating Bacterial Infection too. It kills bad bacteria and helps in growing good bacteria in the body.
- Bifilac helps to improve the immune system.
- It is an ideal remedy for vaginal infection.
Consult your doctor or physician for the correct dosage of Bifilac. He or she would suggest the right dosage according to your weight, age, allergic history, and mental status.
- Adults can take Bifilac capsules 1-2 times a day, with a gap of 4-6 hours between both the dozes.
- The doze can be later altered according to the effect on the patient.
- Do not alter the dose without consulting the doctor.
What happens if a dose of Bifilac Capsule is Missed?
For best results, it is advised that the medicine should be taken as prescribed by your medical practitioner. The Bifilac tablet may not have a good impact if the dose is missed. For an effective result, a certain amount of drugs needs to be present in your body. Even if you miss a dose, do not ever take a double dose.
Bifilac Side Effects
Some of the side effects of Bifilac include:
- Stomach or Abdominal pain
- Rashes on skin
- Nausea or dizziness
- Acute toxicity
- Colic Pain
- Gastric problem
- In case you experience any such symptoms, you must consult a doctor at once.
How to Take Bifilac Medicine?
Do not chew the tablet. Make sure to swallow the entire tablet at one go. Take the dosage, as suggested by a doctor. More instruction on Bifilac is below:
- Bifilac is generally taken with food, (for those who get an upset stomach after taking medicine), or immediately after food.
- Keep a proper gap between the two dosages.
- Do not consume the medicine for long without a doctor’s prescription.
- In case you do not see any improvement, it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Some people might experience headaches, drowsiness, or dizziness after taking the Bifilac tablet. To avoid such problems, do not drive after consuming the medicine.
- Bifilac should not be consumed with alcohol. If consumed with alcohol may increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness and headache.
Precautions and Warning Related to Bifilac
The following points need to be kept in mind while taking Bifilac. One should not consume in the following cases:
- If a person is allergic to any of the components present in Bifilac.
- Bifilac should not be taken by people suffering from any liver disease.
- People suffering from kidney diseases.
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding women – they need to consult their doctors before consuming Bifilac.
- Women must consult their gynecologist if they have menstrual cramps, period bleeding, and abdominal pain before using it.
- People who are intolerant to this medicine.
- Do consult a pediatrician before giving Bifilac to infants.
- Make sure that you tell your doctor about all your diseases and medications that you are on before taking Bifilac.
- Fluid items, sustenance, powders, or chewable tablets may contain sugar as well as aspartame. If you have diabetes, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other problem, consult with your doctor before starting the Bifilac tablets.
- Always check the expiry date on the package before buying the medicine.
Bifilac Interaction with Other Drugs
Interaction means the effect of two parallel drugs on the human body when taken together. Some medicines interact with tobacco or alcohol. Bifilac tablet may have an adverse impact on the following drugs
- Antibiotic drugs
How Does Bifilac Work?
Bifilac improves the overall working and immunity of the digestive system. Let us now explain to you in detail how Bifilac works?
- Bifilac contains probiotics such as Streptococcus Faecalis, Clostridium butyrcum, Bacillus Mesentericus, and Lactobacillus Sporegens, are live microorganisms, also known as ‘good bacteria.’ When these ‘good bacteria’ are taken orally, they help in changing the balance of microbes or flora in the intestine.
- Bifilac tablets work when bad bacteria or pathogens outgrow the good bacteria and cause illness in our body. It increases the balance of good bacteria in our gut, which fights back the overgrown pathogen that causes illness in our body.
- The good bacteria fight back with the bad bacteria and prevents several diseases.
How to Store Bifilac Tablets?
- Always store the medicine at room temperature. Make sure you keep it away from direct light (unless mentioned in the package otherwise).
- Keep the medicine away from children.
Buyer’s Guide For Bifilac Composition and Price
|Bifilac Lozenges 15S Tablet
|Bacillus mesentericus 1million spores + Clostridium Butyricum 2million spores + Lactobacillus Sporogens 50million spores + Streptococcus thermophilus 30million spores
|Rs. 141.6 for 10 units in 1 pack
|Bifilac HP Capsule
|Lactobacillus 100million spores
|Rs. 158 (1 strip with 10 capsules)
|Bifilac Dry 50ml Syrup
|Bacillus mesentericus 1million cells + Clostridium Butyricum 2million cells + Lactobacillus Sporogens 50million cells + Streptococcus thermophilus 30million cells/ 5ml
|Bifilac Sachet 0.5gm
|Lactobacillus 50million spores
Do you have sleepless nights due to indigestion, constipation, or diarrhea? Stop Worrying! Bifilac tablet comes to your rescue. It helps in preventing gas and diarrhea caused by kids, babies, and adults.
No, Bifilac is not antibiotic. It is a probiotic that encourages good bacteria growth in the human body.
You can mix the sachets in water to give to babies.
You can mix Bifilac sachets in water for the best results.
Yes, it encourages the growth of good bacteria that fights back with harmful bacteria and prevent health problems.
Bifilac is used to treat diarrhea and indigestion.
Yes, it can be given to breastfeeding mothers.
Yes, because antibiotics generally kill good bacteria.
Yes, Bifilac helps to treat all forms of diarrhoea.
Consult your physician for appropriate dose and intake.
Yes, Bifilac syrup is safe for five months old baby.
Yes, you can mix it water and have it after your meal.
Consult your doctor before the intake of the medicine.
Bifilac should be consumed when necessary and with caution, especially during pregnancy.
Yes, it might cause constipation.
An adult can take Bifilac 1-2 times a day. There should be 4-6 hours between both the doses.
It takes a couple of hours to a few days for the complete treatment.
Yes, it is readily available at the medical stores.
Disclaimer – The above information is based on the detailed research. Please consult the physician before its intake.