There are times when you suffer from different types in your body, and such pain is neuropathic pain. This is a pain that is caused because of the damage or disease affecting the somatosensory nervous system. This can be a continuous pain, or it can also be episodic, which occurs once in a while. The issue is associated with abnormal sensations called dysesthesia. To fight this situation, Gabapin nt 100 is one of the medicines that are in use. It is a combination of multiple medicines used in the treatment of neuropathic disorders.
The medicine helps fight the pain by decreasing the pain and stopping the movement of pain signals to the brain. But as we know that everything has two faces, this medicine has benefits and some side effects that we will discuss. If you are suffering from such pain, you can take this medicine only in the doctor’s prescription. Taking this medicine without consulting a doctor can cause issues.
Gabapin NT 100mg Composition: Gabapentin 100mg and Nortriptyline 10mg
Manufacturer: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Type: Tablets
Prescription Required: Yes
Gabapin NT 100mg Price: Rs. 118 (For one strip of 15 tablets)
Type of Drug: Antidepressant and Anticonvulsant
Gabapin NT 100mg Substitute: Gabaneuron NT 100 Tablet, Pentanerv-NT 100mg/10mg Tablet, Gapathy NT 100mg/10mg Tablet, Gabafirst-NT 100mg/10mg Tablet
Usage of Gabapin NT 100mg Tablet
- The medicine is primarily used for the treatment of Neuropathic pain. There may be some other uses as well, and you should take it as prescribed by the doctor.
- If you are taking this medicine, then it should be taken by mouth with or without food. The preferable time is a night to take medicine. If you are taking medication, it would be better if you consume it at the same time daily. This will help maintain the consistent level of medicine in the blood and help give benefits fast.
- If you use this medicine, then it is strictly advised that you should not take it without a doctor’s prescription. Similarly, you should not stop taking it suddenly; you need to consult your doctor first and then act as advised.
- You can take this medicine with or without food. You need to keep in mind that you should not chew it. Do not crush it or break it before taking medicine, you should take it simply as advised. It would be better if you take medication at a fixed time.
- The medicine is usually prescribed for Postherpetic Neuralgia and Neuropathic pain. This includes the complication of shingles and chronic illnesses. Click here for other pain treatment medicines.
How Gabapin NT 100mg medicine works?
The medicine is a combination of two drugs that are: Gabapentin and Nortriptyline. Now to decrease the pain by the calcium channel of the nerve system, the Gabapentin is used. It is an alpha 2 ligand that helps in reducing the pain. Nortriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, and this helps to increase the level of serotonin and noradrenaline (chemical messengers). This will ultimately lead to stopping the pain signals to the brain. This complete formulation helps to relieve the pain.
The effect of the medicine can be seen within two or three hours of the dose taken, and this also depends on the severity of the pain. Even the other depending factor is the amount of dose you are taking.
If you ask about the time the medicine remains in the body, it is still not clinically established. Many other factors need to be taken into consideration while taking medication.
Side Effects of the Gabapin NT 100 Tablets
There are various minor and major side effects that you can notice while taking it. Another thing is that most of the side effects do not require much medical attention. All these effects can be cured easily and in less time. Your body will automatically adjust itself to cure it, and if any issue remains persistent, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible. Below is the list of Gabapin nt 100 side effects.
- Constipation: It is a problem that makes less than three bowel movements in a week. This is not a severe problem in most cases. These are temporary issues and can be resolved quickly if you think the problem is persistent, then consult your doctor.
- Weight Gain: Another issue is that it slowly leads to weight gain issues. If you want to control it, then you can take proper advice from your doctor.
- Difficulty in urination: This is one of the most common issues that you might face during this medication. If the problem remains still, then you must consult your doctor and take some less dosage.
- Sleepiness: It is simple not getting proper sleep; this can be because of the medication. But there are some more reasons that cause this issue: change in routine, sleeping during the day, working at night, etc. You can consult your doctor for some relief.
- Increased heart rate: This leads to the beating of your heart very fast, normally for adults, the heart rate more than 100 BPM is considered too fast.
There are some more common side effects that you will face like
- Blurred vision
- Dryness in mouth
- A sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing
- Uncoordinated body movements
- Weakness in arm, leg, feet, and hands
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Breast enlargement
- Skin rash
These are some of the common issues that you might face while using the medicine. You need to be aware of these side effects if any of the problems remain, then make sure to consult your doctor.
Precaution Related to Gabapin NT 100 Medicine.
You should always take precautions while using any medicine. Here are some of the important precautions that you need to consider while using Gabapin NT 100 tablets.
If you have any allergic effects to gabapentin and nortriptyline then you should strictly avoid this medicine. Also, inform your doctor about all other allergies and their medications. This will help you to prevent any other health issues that can be caused because of this medicine.
2. Kidney Diseases
If you are suffering from any type of kidney problem, then it should be taken under proper prescription from a doctor.
3. Heart Attack
This medicine is not recommended to the patient related to heart problems. If someone is recovering from a recent heart attack, then it is advised to avoid the medication.
Gabapin NT 100 Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy, and if you are taking it, then it is strictly advised to seek doctor prescription and advise.
5. Liver Issues
People with liver issues should use the medicine with caution and under doctor’s advice. If you develop any sign or effects of jaundice during this medication, then inform your doctor.
You should not consume alcohol while using this medicine, and it can cause excessive drowsiness.
The medicine is probably unsafe if it is consumed during breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before taking it.
If you take Gabapin NT 100 Tablet while driving, it may affect your decision power and ability to drive.
What to do if you miss a dose of Gabapin NT 100 Tablet?
If you missed a dose mistakenly, try to take it as soon as possible, but if the time is almost near your next dose, it’s better to avoid taking the missed dose. Do not try to make up your missed dose by doubling the medicine. This can result in some severe problems. If you have sufficient time for your next dose, then you can take it.
What to do in case of Gabapin NT 100 Tablet overdose?
Take the emergency help as soon as possible, seek medical treatment. Try to connect with your doctor as soon as possible to avoid any significant problems.
All drugs affect differently depending on person to person. Also, there are many interactions still not found. It is recommended to consult your doctor for any doubt and issue.
Alcohol consumption is strictly not recommended during this medication. If you take, then it can seriously cause some health issues. Effects like dizziness, difficulty in concentration can increase.
2. Interaction with Medicines
The gabapin nt 100 can react differently with various medicines; some of the medication are:
Many other medicines may show interaction with the gabapin nt 100, so it is better to consult with a doctor for any medication.
3. Interaction with Diseases
If you are suffering from any of the below-given diseases, you should consult your doctor before taking it. Otherwise, you may face severe issues in the future that can seriously affect your health conditions.
- Kidney Disease
- Heart Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
Consult for these diseases and avoid benign affected by any interaction that can be avoided.
So here is the summary of the Gabapin nt 100 tablets. It is an effective medicine to cure pain. The medication works by reducing the hyperexcitability of the brain cells. All these mechanisms ultimately help to reduce and alter the way your body senses the pain. Another important thing is that it is a schedule H drug and needs to be taken under a doctor’s prescription. The medicine can cause various issues like changing the mood or may lead to suicidal thoughts. These are the reasons that it is always said that you should consult your doctor before taking any medicine. If you used this medicine and think that we missed something, please comment down below, we will surely add it in our blog.