Do you know some people are allergic to pollens, dust, and pests? Surprisingly, the allergy from any of the cause could lead to severe health problems. In case you witness any type of allergy, you can take the okacet tablet after consulting with the doctor. The medicine is a type of antihistamine that provides relief from all the symptoms of allergic reaction that includes sneezing, runny nose, eczema, however, the medicine does not cure the leading cause of the problem. Read more to know about okacet uses composition, side effects, and dosage.
Okacet Tablet Composition: Cetirizine
Medicine Type: Tablet
Prescription Required: Yes
Okacet Tablet 10’S Price: Rs.18.07 -10 tablets in a strip
Okacet Tablet Variants: Tablet and Syrup
Type of Drug: Antiallergic
Substitutes: CZ 3 Tablet, Alerid Tablet, Avil NU 10mg Tablet, and Cetzine Tablet
Okacet Tablet Uses
Okacet tablet is primarily used for treating allergies and common health conditions that result in allergies. It can effectively cure stuffed, runny nose or redness, itching, and swelling. One can also use it to treat other types of allergies caused due to insect bites, pets, and dust. In addition to this doctor recommends Okacet to cure the following problems:
1. Allergic Rhinitis
Also called hay fever, allergic rhinitis is caused due to pollen, dust mites, cigarette, perfume, and smoke. It is a condition when your body comes in contact with an allergen. There are mainly two types of allergic rhinitis that are perennial and seasonal. Seasonal rhinitis occurs during the fall or spring and is majorly caused due to pollens. Perennial rhinitis can occur throughout the year due to indoor allergens. Common symptoms of hay fever are watery eyes, sneezing, stuffy-itchy, and sore throat, scratchy throat, eczema, dry skin, and blister.
Urticaria or hives is characterized as a common skin rash that is caused due to certain foods, stress, and medication. The symptoms of hives include raised and itchy skin, red or skin-colored welts.
3. Allergic Reaction
Allergic reaction is a common problem that is mainly caused due to the overreaction of the immune system from foreign substances. The immune system produces antibodies to fight against the foreign bodies called antigens. At times antibodies are produced against allergens that could give way to the severe overreaction of the immune system, which at times might lead to death as well.
Okacet Tablet Dosage and Usage
Consult your doctor as soon as you witness any type of allergy. He would be an ideal person to suggest the ideal dosage, depending on your health condition. Make sure you follow all the doctor’s instructions and take the amount of medicine as prescribed; otherwise, it could lead to side effects.
- The tablet can be taken with or after the meal. Though it does not have any severe side effects, make sure you do not take the over doze. Avoid the medicine as soon as you witness any types of side effects.
- Do not take medicine if you are allergic to the composition.
- Take the tablet along with the water as a whole. Do not chew or crush it. If you, by chance, miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember; however, if it is time for the next dose, then skip the previous dose.
How Okacet Tablet Works?
Okacet tablet locks histamines, which are produced when an allergic reaction takes place in the body. When the immune system comes in contact with foreign particles, it reacts by producing chemical histamines that lead to allergic or other problems. The tablet provides relief from all the symptoms. However, it does not cure the allergic reaction. Okacet tablet is effective after 30 minutes of consumption, and its effects last till 6 hours.
Side Effects of Okacet Tablet
Though Okacet tablet is antiallergic, however, at times, a person can have the following side effects.
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty while urinating.
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warning Related to Okacet Tablet
- One should avoid overdosing of the Okacet tablet and contact the doctor as soon as he or she witnesses any side effects.
- Patients with kidney and liver disease should take medicine with precautions. Do inform your doctor about health conditions in advance to avoid any side effects.
- Breastfeeding and expecting women should inform the doctor about the condition before starting the dose to avoid severe health problems.
- One should not consume the tablet with alcohol or while driving.
- Also, keep it in the dry area away from sunlight, kids, and pet.
Interactions of Okacet Tblet
- The interaction of the drug depends on person to person. One should check the possible interactions with the doctor before starting the dosage.
- Avoid consuming okacet along with other medicines like Isocarboxazid, Codeine, and Alprazolam.
- Patients with severe health conditions or diseases should avoid okacet tablet.
Okacet tablet is an antihistamine. It helps to treat all types of allergies. The tablet can be taken with or without food. The dose of okacet tablet depends on person to person. Consult your doctor before starting the dosage of the medicine. Also, inform him about your health conditions. To avoid any side-effects. Moreover, avoid consuming it with alcohol and while driving.
Okacet tablet is used for treating all types of allergies.
Yes, okacet tablet can be used to cure a cold and its symptoms like runny, stuffy nose, sneezing, and watery eyes.
Cetirizine is used for relief from hay fever and allergies.
Cetirizine oral can be taken to treat cold.