The current captain of India’s national cricket team, Virat Kohli, made his debut in the year 2008. He is one of the best batsmen in the world, with the highest runs in his kitty. Many do not know that he is a right-handed top-order batsman. Currently, he is the captain of one of the IPL’s teams Royal Challengers. Since the year 2017, Kohli is a top-ranked ODI batsman across the globe. Also, he has the best test rating. Read more to know Virat Kohli age and his personal details in length.
Virat Kohli Age and other Personal Details:
|Name||Virat Prem Kohli|
|Nick Name||Cheeku and Run Machine|
|Virat Kohli Age||34 years|
|Date of Birth||05-Nov-88|
|Place of Birth||Delhi|
|Virat Kohli Height||> In Feet – 5’9”|
> In Meter – 175
|Weight||> In Kilograms – 70 KG|
> In Pounds – 174.165lbs
Virat Kohli’s Family and Biography
|Father’s Name||Prem Kohli|
|Mother’s Name||Saroj Kohli|
|Sister’s Name||Bhavna Kohli|
|Brother’s Name||Vikas Kohli|
|Best Friend’s Name||AB de Villiers|
|Favorite Actors||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Angelina Jolie, and Penelope Cruz|
|Favorite Book||Autobiographies of Rafael Nadal, the Autobiography of a Yogi, and the autobiography of Andre Agassi.|
|Favorite Food||Chhole Bhature and Chicken|
|Favorite Car||Aston Martin|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Favorite TV Show(s)||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favorite shot||Cover drive and flick Shot|
|Favorite Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs Bowler: Shane Warne|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Europe|
Virat Kohli Net Worth and Salary
|Net Worth||1010 crore|
|Income (Per Match)||> Test Match-16.2 Lakh|
> ODI-6.5 Lakh
> T-20-3.2 Lakh
|Monthly Income||More than five crore|
|Yearly Income||60 crores +|
|Source of Income||Cricket Matches, TV ads, and IPL|
Cricket Related Information
|International Debut||> ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla|
> Test- June 20, 2011, against West Indies at Kingston
> T20 – June 12, 2010, against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Jersey Number||#18 (India and IPL)|
|Mentor/Coach||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|ICC Rankings||> Test – 12|
> ODI – 7
> T20 -11
Batting Career Summary
Bowling Career Summary
Records Made by Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli was the caption of the Indian cricket team under 19 in the year 2008, when India won World Cup in Malaysia.
- The current captain of the Indian Cricket team, Virat Kohli, is the first Indian cricketer who made a century on his debut in the World Cup 2011.
- At the age of 22, Kohli made 2 ODI hundreds. After Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina, he is the third Indian cricketer to do so.
- Virat is amongst the faster cricketer, who has completed 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, and 5000 runs in ODI matches.
- Virat Kohli made his first century as a captain during the Tri-series in 2013 against West Indies.
- During the bilateral series in 2013 against Australia, Virat Kohli made two centuries.
- He is the fastest cricketer to score 25 ODI tons and the fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs.
- Virat Kohli is the third cricketer in the world after Rickey Ponting and Don Bradman, who scored three double hundreds in the calendar year.
- Kohli is also the first Indian skipper who registered 9 test wins in the calendar year itself.
- He shares a record of 4 double hundreds with Michael Clarke, Don Bradman, and Graeme Smith.
- Virat is also one of the Indian cricketers who have aggravated more than 1000 test runs.
- He is the first Indian test skipper who scored a double century in an overseas test.
- Virat Kohli is amongst very few cricketers who have scored the highest runs in the IPL match. He made 973 runs in 16 games in the year 2016.
- He is one of the cricketers who has made four hundred in IPL.
- In international cricket, he made 19,000 runs, becoming the fastest player to do so.
- He is the first Indian cricketer who scored the highest runs while playing against Australia in the year 2020. He made 11208 runs in only 199 innings. He surpassed MS. Dhoni’s record of 11207 runs in 330 innings.
Controversies Related to Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli came into controversy when he raised his middle finger to the Sydney crowd in 2011 during his first tour to Australia.
- In the year 2013, during the IPL match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore, Virat had an ugly spat with Gautam Gambhir. The two do not share cordial relations after that.
- In the year 2016, Virat Kohli abused a known journalist on the pretext of writing ill about Anushka Sharma in a daily newspaper. However, when he realized that he was not the one, Virat apologized for his behavior.
Lesser-Known Facts about Virat Kohli
- Virat was only three years old when he decided to become a cricketer. He was so passionate about being a cricketer that he did not even plan another profession as a backup.
- He was nine years old when his father took him to Raj Kumar Sharma’s West Delhi Cricket Academy.
- He is fondly known as Chikoo. He got the name from his Delhi’s state coach-Ajit, Chaudhary.
- In the year 2006, his father succumbed to death due to a brain stroke. On the next day of his death, Virat played a match for Delhi against Karnataka, where he made 90 runs.
- Virat wears a black wristband and Kada during his matches.
- He has a height phobia.
- In the year 2012, he was termed among the ten best-dressed international men.
- Virat Kohli has been awarded the Arjuna award in 2013 and the Padma Shri award in 2017 by the Indian Government.
- In 2017, Kohli was appointed as ambassador of the BSF-Border Security Force.
- He loves tattoos and has several on his body.
- He is the owner of a restaurant in Delhi called Nueva.
If you love cricket, you must be a great fan of Virat Kohli, India’s National Cricket Team Captain. He is the fastest runs-making cricketer in the world and has surpassed many legendary records. He is married to the famous Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma, and the couple is expecting their first baby soon. In this blog, we have covered all the information, including Virat Kohli’s age, the matches he has played, and many more. Do share any key information about Virat Kohli if we have missed it here.
Virat was born on November 5, 1988, and he is 31years old.
Virat started his career in the year on August 18, 2008, when he played for the Indian national cricket team.
Virat’s full name is Virat Prem Kohli.
Virat Kohli is amongst the highest-paid Indian sportsman. He is ranked at 90th number on the Forbes list. He earns $3 million from matches and $19 from his endorsements.