Independence Day is an epitome of all the sacrifices that our freedom fighters made in order to make the country from Britishers rule. In the last 72 years, our country has made immense progress in every field that includes education, military, space programs, and many others to name.
For the first time after struggling with the long battle, our first prime minister hoisted Indian national flag at the Red Fort in Delhi. Following the ritual, one every Independence day, the Indian flag is raised, and many cultural programs take place. On this day, people share patriotic feelings and send Independence Day wishes, quotes, and messages to each other.
Independence Day is marked as a national holiday in India, commemorating the independence of the country from British Raj. On 15th August 1947, the UK parliament transferred the legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly and left the country.
Here are some Independence Day wishes that you can send to your friends, family and love ones.
Independence Day Wishes:
Independence Day is not only about hoisting the flag; it is all being true Indians. Here we have curated some of the Independence Day wishes that you can share with your friends and family.
May this Independence Day bring fortune and success for every one of us. May our country see more progress in the coming years! Happy Independence Day!
- Always stand for what you believe, stand for what is right, and stand for what you desire. True freedom lies where the mind is without fear. Happy Independence Day!
- Happy Independence Day to you. Today let’s celebrate those who shed their blood for our freedom. They are the ones who deserve the glory!
- We need more people like you who are loyal and honest in this country. Happy Independence Day to the most inspiring person I’ve ever met!
- Let’s honor the valiant heroes who made us the proudest of all humans and mightiest of all nations. May the glory of this day be your inspiration for tomorrow!
- We may never know how it feels like to live in a free country if it was not for our fathers’ bravery. Today they deserve a big salute from us. Happy Independence Day!
- Independence does not come free; it demands a significant cost. Today, let us honor all the great souls who had to pay for it. Happy Independence Day!
- Today is a day to feel proud of being a part of this great nation. May this spirit of freedom leads us all to success and glory in life. Happy Independence Day!
- May the glory of this Independence Day be the inspiration for you to achieve greatness in life. May you find success and glory wherever you go. Happy Independence Day!
- Today we cherish the ones who made our independence possible. Freedom is hard to get, but we were blessed to have it. Let’s appreciate everything we have and celebrate the great miracle of freedom. Happy Independence Day.
- Remembering our past is extremely important. But we also have to think about building our future. Let’s do everything to keep our freedom and carry it through the years. Happy Independence Day to the whole nation!
- May you enjoy this freedom of speech, freedom of thought, and freedom of choice for the rest of your life. Happy Independence Day to you!
- Almighty granted us the freedom not just because we wanted it, but because we fought for it and shed our blood for it. Decide what you stand for, and stand up for it. Happy Independence Day!
- The sacrifice that our forefathers made to win the right to live in a free country is beyond imagination. A big salute to all our national heroes. Happy Independence Day!
- Today is the day we pay respect to our beautiful nation. We’ve done so much to build our very own culture and heritage, so let’s celebrate it today. May this Independence Day be special for you and your loved ones..
- Freedom is something you have to fight for. We’ve tried so hard to earn it, so let’s celebrate the fact that we still have our freedom. Never let go of it and always carry it in your heart.
We are blessed to have a right to speak and to be heard. Right several brave souls fought for. Let’s take a moment to think of their sacrifice and what they had to pay for the freedom we enjoy.
- Our freedom fighters went through countless sufferings to give us our freedom. August 15 is a day to remember and honor them. Have a Happy Independence Day!
- We should not let anything divide the idea of India. Happy Independence Day!
- Today we celebrate the glory of freedom. We don’t understand its value until we lose it, so let’s remember that and never let it go. Joy to the nation. Happy Independence Day!
- Our forefathers bought our freedom with their hard work and sacrifice. Now we must work hard to create a better nation for generations that follow. Happy Independence Day!
- Let’s salute the martyrs for the sacrifices they made and thank them for giving us our freedom. Happy Independence Day 2022.
- May we always have the freedom to choose, freedom to dream, and freedom to live…Happy Independence Day 2022.
- We got our freedom after a lot of sacrifices; we should never take it for granted.
- Let us salute our motherland this Independence Day. Bharat Mata Ki Jai!
- This Independence Day, we should take some time out and remember all those who sacrificed their lives to enjoy our freedom. Happy Independence Day 2022!
- A big salute to all the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for our independence! Jai Hind!
- Can you imagine a day without the right to be free? It is integral to our existence. So, let’s celebrate our Independence Day!
- Freedom is the way God intended us. It is something we are born with. Something that no one can take away from you. Let’s celebrate freedom! Happy Independence Day.
- Freedom doesn’t see colors or shapes. There are enough hate and violence in the world, and now we need to build a better future, full of love, unity, and understanding. Here’s to a wonderful Independence Day!
- My love for my nation is boundless. My love for my people is endless. All I desire for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special Happy Independence Day!
- it’s the time to get painted by united and integrity by saffron, white and green. Happy Independence Day Family!
- Let’s salute our great nation on its Independence Day! I hope you all feel grateful for the freedom you have and are proud of the nation you were born to. Jai Hind!
- Here’s to the future full of understanding, appreciation, and gratitude. Happy Independence Day!
Today let us take some time to value our nation and never forget the sacrifices from those who gave us freedom. Happy Independence Day!
Independence Day Quotation:
Some of the eminent personalities from have echoed their thoughts for Independence Day. Read more to know Independence Day wishes from our freedom fighters and influential personalities.
Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? – Mahatma Gandhi
- In the most real sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. – Franklin.
- Freedom is not given – it is taken.-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
- A country’s greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race-Sarojini Naidu.
- At the dawn of history, India started on her unending quest, and trackless centuries are filled with her striving and the grandeur of her success and her failures. Through good and ill fortune alike, she has never lost sight of that quest or forgotten the ideals which gave her strength- Jawaharlal Nehru.
- If yet, your blood does not rage, and then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland- Chandra Shekhar Azad.
- May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country! – Sardar Bhagat Singh.
- Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours.-Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Mother, I bow to thee! Rich with thy hurrying streams, Bright with orchard gleams, Cool with thy winds of delight, Green fields waving, Mother of might, Mother free. Glory of moonlight dreams, Over thy branches and lordly streams, Clad in thy blossoming trees, Mother, the giver of ease, Laughing low and sweet! Mother, I kiss thy feet, Speaker sweet and low! Mother, to thee I bow.-Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
- I know where I am going, and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I am free to be what I want.- Aruna Asaf Ali
- Freedom lies in being bold. – Robert Frost
- Freedom is the atmosphere in which humanity thrives. Breathe it in. – Richelle E. Goodrich
- Freedom is never given; it is won. – A. Philip Randolph
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the brave home. – Elmer Davis
- Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement. – Nelson Mandela
- We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it. – William Faulkner
- Life without liberty is like a body without spirit. – Kahlil Gibran
- Liberty is always dangerous, but it is the safest thing we have. – Harry Emerson Fosdick.
- Independence means enjoying the freedom and empowering others too to let them do so. – Vikrmn
To be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances others’ freedom. – Nelson Mandela
- Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life. – Bob Marley
- Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing. – Ayn Rand
- Enjoy the peace your valor won. Let independence be our boast, Ever mindful what it cost; Ever grateful for the prize, Let its altar reach the skies! – Joseph Hopkinson
- He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself.- Thomas Paine
- Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. – Ronald Reagan
- those who won our independence believed liberty to be the secret of happiness and courage to be the secret of liberty-Louis Brandeis
- Enjoy the Enjoy the peace your valor won. Let independence be our boast, Ever mindful what it cost; Ever grateful for the prize, Let its altar reach the skies! – Joseph Hopkinson
- They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety- Benjamin Franklin
- May you live an independent life forever. Wish you all a very happy Independence Day- Mahatma Gandhi
- May the light of freedom, coming to all darkened lands, flame brightly until at last the darkness is no more. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.-Abraham Lincoln
- Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. – George Bernard Shaw
- Let freedom reign. The sun never set on so glorious a human achievement.- Nelson Mandela
- Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country. – Marquis de Lafayette
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that you very existence is an act of rebellion – Albert Camus
Short Quotes on Independence Day
Looking for short and sweet messages that you can share with your friends and family on Independence day? Your search ends here.
I pledge that the labor of our past heroes shall not be in vain.
- I feel proud to be a part of a prosperous nation. Happy Independence Day!
- May your spirits rise with the flag today! Happy Independence Day!
- Nothing is as good as living in an independent and self-sustaining nation.
- Today is a very special day for the nation and its people.
- I wish you all a safe and happy Independence Day celebration.
- Have a safe and enjoyable Independence Day!
- Happy birthday to our dear country!
- Happy August 15 —enjoy the freedom to its fullest today!
- Let’s remember all of the past heroes who fought for our freedom and unity.
May God continue to uplift this country’s glory!
- May God bless our country!
- Here’s to being born in a free country!
- Keep enjoying the freedom to its fullest! Happy August 15.
- I hope this Independence Day brings you happiness and hope!
- Here’s to our blessed and glorious free nation!
- Thousands laid down their lives For making our country breath this day. Never forget their sacrifice. Happy Independence Day
- Freedom in the Mind, Faith in the words, Pride in our hearts & Memories in our souls…Lets salute the nation on Independence Day!
- Sare Jahan Se acha Hindustan Hamara. Aao milke wada kare jhanda ucha rahe hamara. Happy Independence Day! Jai Hind!
It is time for you to show your freedom. Let urself be heard. Don’t follow others’ footsteps. Let urself fly free. You are independent, after all! Happy Independence Day
15th August Messages for Greeting Cards
This Independence Day wishes design interesting greeting cards and do not forget to add Independence Day wishes related to it in order to add national sentiments to it.
The future, progress, and development of our great country do not depend solely on technological advancements but on how we build social cohesion and trust between our nation and its people. Let’s continue building a great nation we can all rely on and be proud of. Happy August 15!
- Every citizen should have a sense of belonging wherever they find themselves. May all our politicians rise to the great task of building trust between the people and the nation to have peace and stability in our country. Here’s wishing everyone a happy freedom day celebration!
- As a nation, we need good leaders who we can trust—the kind of leaders who always put the public’s wellbeing above their political or personal interests so that the yearnings and aspirations of the common people can be realized. This is my message to all as we mark this year’s Independence Day anniversary. Have a fun celebration!
- Freedom does not come so easily. We are all indebted to our national heroes who made this country what it is today.
- As patriotic citizens, let’s put extra effort into performing our own civic responsibilities. Our diversity should not be seen as a weakness but as our greatest strength. It is only by working together that we can build a resilient and thriving nation.
- Your contribution to moving the country forward is significant. We need to be mindful of how our actions and in actions affect other people’s well being. Have a fun-filled celebration!
- As we celebrate our nation’s independence, let’s remember our past leaders who lost their lives in the battle for the freedom we are enjoying today. Have a wonderful Independence Day!
Let us be mindful of everything we can do for our nation to make it a place of wealth, peace, and happiness. Here’s wishing you and your family a safe and Happy Independence Day!
India got Independence on August 15, 1947. The day is marked as a national holiday. On this day, the national flag of the country is raised on the prominent institutions of the country, and many cultural programs take place across the country. In order to celebrate the day, people share Independence day wishes and quotes with each other. Let’s pledge to be true Indians in every aspect- Jai Bharat, Jai Hind. May our country live long!