In December 2020, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) introduced OTS-One Time Settlement Yojana in UP. The Yojana was introduced in order to provide relief to all the power consumers in the state who have not paid their electricity bill for a long time. The Yojana was initially valid for urban and rural domestic consumers. Later the scheme also included private, industrial and commercial institutions.
According to UPPCL OTS Scheme 2021, all the consumers would get a complete waiver on the surcharge on their electricity bill dated till 31st January 2021. Read more to know about the scheme, who all can avail it and how to register for this scheme.
Who can avail UPPCL One Time Settlement Scheme?
As per the scheme, the UP government is giving 100% exemption on the pending electricity bill of the following consumers:
- People who live in the rural area LMV-2, LMV-4B
- Who have tube well connection
- Private institutions
- ( LMV-6) defaulters
How to Make OTS Registration?
Users can either apply for this scheme online or offline or by visiting the official website of UPPCL. The last date for registration is March 2021.
Users can visit the nearest powerhouse/ Division office/ SDO office or a public service centre or go to Common Service Center or can call at 1912 to reap the benefits of UP Bijli bill Mafi Ek Samadhan Yojana.
- Visit the official website of UPPCL.
- Scroll at the bottom of the page and click OTS for URBAN Consumer or OTS for RURAL Consumer.
- Subsequently, enter your 12 digit account number, verify the Image and click Submit.
- On the next page, you will see the complete breakdown of the electricity bill that you need to pay.
- After the registration, you would have to pay the OTS registration amount subsequently you will get a waiver on the entire bill.
Things to Remember:
- The users who opt to pay via online mode would have to pay 30% of the main electricity bill curated till 31st January and along with the total bill amount (including surcharge and late payment fine) incurred post 31st January 2021 at the time of registration.
- The rest, 70% of the electricity bill till can be paid by 31st March 2021
- However, if you are registering through Common Service Center, you would not be able to pay in instalments.
In a bid to provide relief from high electricity bill, Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has come up with a one-time settlement scheme. According to this Yojana, people living in rural, urban, have tube well connection, and private institutions would be exempted from the late bill payment’s surcharge. To avail the scheme, users can either visit upenergy or visit the nearest Common Service Center or public Service Center.
UPPCL has come up with a new scheme according to which the residents would be 100% exempted from the late fees penalty for the electricity bill dated 31st January 2021.
Visit the official website of UPPCL and complete the log-in process; click on bill payment and enter your account number then you would be able to check your UP bill online.
The last date of this Yojana is March 2021.
Currently, the scheme is brought into action in Uttar Pradesh only.