More than 645 million all around the world have skin prone to acne. You can choose to not be one of them if you follow a few home remedies for acne. At some point in time, all of us have stood in front of a mirror and whined over a pimple or acne.
If you are one of the people who dread a party because of the bumps on your skin or do not like hiding your acne with makeup, then you have come to the right place. Here you can find some of the most prominent home remedies for acne and how you can attain the clearest skin you have always dreamt of.
But before we go any further, take a look at the causes of acne, and what is it?
What is acne?
Acne can be defined as a skin condition that usually takes place when the hair follicles on your face get clogged with dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and/ or sebum. It consequently causes pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and more.
It usually targets your T zone, including your forehead, nose, chin, and sometimes cheeks, back, shoulder, and chest, as well.
Causes of acne
- If your skin produces excess of sebum, it may clog your pores and cause.
- Exposure to the sun may also cause acne.
- Pimples also caused by bacterial activity.
- Hormonal changes.
- Accumulation of dust, dirt, and dead skin cells may clog your pores.
Best home remedies for Clear Skin & Pimples
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar or ACV has anti-bacterial properties. It reduces inflammation as well as helps in the removal of acne scars. Mamaearth provides the best organic Apple cider vinegar, buy it online at discount using Mamaearth coupons.
How to use apple cider vinegar for acne?
- Take equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Make sure the container is not of metal
- Take a cotton ball and apply the mix on your face
- Let it stay as long as possible
- It may sting a bit. If you have sensitive skin, do not use this
- You can also use this mix as a toner after cleansing your face
2. Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera gel has healing properties, and it helps in fighting inflammation and other skin conditions.
How to use aloe Vera gel for acne?
- Scoop out fresh aloe Vera gel from an aloe leaf.
- Apply it on your face and let it stay for as long as you can.
3. Ice cubes
Ice cubes help in unclogging of pores and also reduce the size of your pores. This makes sure that dirt and oil do not clog your pores and cause acne.
How to use ice cubes for acne?
- Put an ice cube in a cotton cloth.
- Rub the cube with the cloth on areas prone to acne.
- Do it as many times as you can.
Turmeric helps in fighting off bacteria. It has antiseptic properties as well, which help in reducing acne scars as well.
How to use turmeric for acne?
- Take a pinch of turmeric and add it to milk or water.
- You can also make a mask of turmeric and rice flour.
- Apply it on the affected areas.
- Wash off with cold water.
5. Lemon juice
Lemon juice acts as an excellent exfoliator and has astringent, which removes blackheads and whiteheads. It also has anti-bacterial agents that remove dead skin cells and also dry out all acne that is active.
How to use lemon juice for acne?
- Take a few drops of lemon juice
- Apply it on the skin prone to acne
- If you have sensitive skin, mix the juice with honey
Honey helps to clear scars and also reduces the redness of acne and pimples. It has anti-microbial angst, which prevents the growth of new acne.
How to use honey for acne?
- Mix honey with a pinch of cinnamon
- Apply it on your face like a mask or use it as a spot treatment
- Let it stay for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
7. Green tea
Green tea is rich in tannins, antioxidants, and flavonoids, as well. The antioxidant content of green tea aids in reducing acne.
How to use green tea for acne?
- Take a used green tea bag.
- Make sure it is still warm but not too hot
- Place it on your skin where there is acne
- Massage the green tea on your face
- Let it stay
- Consume 2 cups of green tea each day
8. Tea tree essential oil
Tea tree essential oil is a magical solution for all kinds of bacteria. It is quite useful and shows effects in less than a month.
How to use tea tree essential oil for acne?
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil in water
- Take a cotton bud and apply it as a spot treatment
Garlic helps in the reduction of germs on the face. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which aid in treating acne on the face.
How to use garlic for acne?
- Slice a clove of garlic vertically from the mid
- Rub the inside of the clove on your acne
- It may sting a bit. However, it is harmless
- Wash off after 20 minutes
10. Coconut oil
Coconut oil reduces the redness as well as the swelling of acne. It heals open acne sores and also reduces the chance of acne incurring yet again.
How to use coconut oil for acne?
- Apply coconut oil on your face before going to bed
- You can also add turmeric to it
You Might Also Like – Dalchini Benefits for Skin, Hair, Ailments & Other Diseases
Tips to get rid of acne along with following home remedies
- Do not touch your face very often
- Cut back on dairy products
- Consume a fish oil supplement or a zinc supplement
- Exfoliate and mask twice a week
- Choose the right kind of products for your skin
- Stay hydrated and stress-free
We hope these home remedies for acne were helpful to you. Follow all these home remedies for pimples on the face with your heart, and you will surely find a difference.