“I had a lot of pimples on my face and I was so worried and upset about it. I was suggested to apply Soframycin and yes, it worked wonders for me. Not only did my pimple disappear, but also my scars lightened”.
So, if you are also facing any such issue – Got a minor cut on your hand while cooking in the kitchen?? Suffering from rashes on your skin? Acne and pimple giving you problems? Soframycin is the answer to all your issues and you must always keep Soframyin by your side. Soframycin skin cream is an ointment that helps to heal skin diseases and minor wounds.
Table of Contents
How does Soframycin Skin Cream Work?
Soframycin Cream contains Framycetin sulphate, which is an aminoglycoside type of antibiotic. This antibiotic which stops the bacteria from reproduction and kills the already existing bacteria which causes infection.
What kind of infection can be treated with Soframycin?
Soframycin skin cream helps in treating below issues:
- Several kinds of cuts & wounds
- Sycosis barbae
- Otitis externa
Soframycin cream is also found to be effective for lice and scabies too.
Now that we know how the cream works and the kinds of infection that can be treated by the use of Soframycin Skin Cream, let us know more about Soframycin Skin Cream.
Produced by: Soframycin Skin Cream is produced by Aventis pharma Pvt. Limited.
Active Ingredient(s): Framycetin Sulfate 5mg/ml
Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid Anhydrous, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride (as preservative), Distilled Water.
How to use Soframycin Skin Cream?
Here are a few tips that you must keep in mind while applying/using Soframycin Skin Cream.
- Before applying the cream, you must first consult your doctor for its use and dosage. The dose will depend on the problem and your response to the therapy.
- Typically, the cream needs to be applied 1 to 4 times per day, or as specified by your physician.
- You must wash your hand before you apply the cream.
- Apply the cream on the affected area and massage gently.
- Do not tie a bandage or any kind of cloth on the wound. Leave the wound open to air-exposure.
Things to keep in mind while using Soframycin Skin Cream?
- Never apply Sorframycine cream in excess quantity. Use it as directed by your doctor.
- You should never consume it orally. If you happen to take in Soframycin, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- If there happens to be an allergic reaction like swelling of the face or limbs, issues in breathing, trouble in swallowing, rashes on skin, etc, you must consult your doctor at once.
Soframycin contains Framycetin Sulphate and thus may have different effects on different people and thus you must never start to use Soframycin without taking an opinion from your doctor. Your doctor will prescribe you the dose and quality to be used on the basis of your problem, medical history and the health of your body.
Soframycin should also be avoided by pregnant females and breastfeeding mothers, people suffering from some disease or allergies, people who are using Vitamin supplements and other medicines.
You must continue to use the cream till the time it is prescribed by the doctor. This is because even if you feel that the problem is gone, it might re-surface on abruptly stopping the treatment. If you stop the medicine, the bacteria may resurface.
Side Effects of Soframycine
- Skin irritation
- Burning or itching sensation
- Dry skin
- Sensitive skin
If you experience any such symptoms, you must seek medical advice on immediate basis.
Soframycin Eye Drop Usage
Soframycin is also available as eye and ear-drops too. It is also used in treating bacterial infection in the eye and ear.
Here are a few steps that you need to keep in mind while using Soframycin eye / ear drops.
If you have irritation in the eye or infection in the eye or ear, you must consult your doctor for the dose you may need. Generally, it is advised to use in the following way:
For the eye
At the start, use 2 drops every one or two hours. Later you may reduce the dose and use 2 or 3 drops three times daily.
For the ear
Use 2 or 3 drops three times daily.
Also, you must not suggest people to use Soframycin drops, even if they have a similar issue like yours. It is always best to consult a physician before anyone starts to take Somframycin for eye or ears.
Steps to use Soframycin drops for eyes
- To start, wash your hands properly.
- Shake the bottle before removing the lid.
- Hold the bottle in one hand and use your thumb and index finger to stretch your eyelids.
- Next, tilt your head backward and look up
- Press the bottle and squeeze 2 to 3 drops of the medicine and make sure that the tip of the bottle does not touch your pupil.
- Once the drop goes into the eye, do not blink. Instead, put your index finger on the inside corner of your eye. Press your finger against your nose. This will help the medicine to enter the nose or throat and would be absorbed into the other parts of your body as well.
Steps to use Soframycin ear drops:
- Tilt your head and make sure that the affected ear faces upwards.
- Make sure the dropper faces the infected ear.
- Tilt the bottle upside down and squeeze the rubber dropper gently.
- Put 2 to 3 drops into the ear.
- Let your head remain tilted for a while so that the drops enter the ear.
You Might Also Like – Aristozyme- Say Goodbye to All Your Digestive Disorders
Soframycin – When not to use it
- Should not be used after 4 weeks, once it has been opened.
- Avoid Soframycin in the event that you have sensitivity to Soframycin or any of the fixings recorded toward the finish of this pamphlet.
- Try not to utilize it in your ear in the event that you have a gap in your eardrum (tympanic film).
- Try not to use it on the off chance that you are pregnant or mean to turn out to be pregnant.
- Like most aminoglycosides, Soframycin isn’t suggested for use amid pregnancy.
- Don’t use it after the expiry date (EXP) imprinted on the pack.
- In the event that you utilize this drug after the expiry date has passed, it may not fill in too.
- In the event that you are uncertain about whether you should begin utilizing Soframycin, contact your drug specialist.
Thus, we see that Soframycin is not only an effective skin-cream, but also, ear and eye-drop too. If used properly and under proper guidance, it is sure to give effective results to your problems and diseases. At times, Soframycin may cause an allergic reaction to certain people.