Sanjay Dutt, aka Sanju Baba, is amongst India’s very few superstars who have garnered a dedicated fan following without being boxed into the stereotypical hero of the silver screen. The actor thundered into Bollywood and shot to fame with his debut movie Rocky in 1981. His Blockbuster movies, Saajan (1991) and Khal Nayak (1993) established Sanju baba as the box-office superstar as well as one of the few actors of the 90s with a versatile range.
He capitalised on his legacy of being ‘bad boy’ in his cult classic Vaastav: The Reality in 1999, which was another millstone in his career. The actor then proved his mettle in the comedy genre with his 2003 released Munna Bhai M.B.B.S and has not looked back since.
Whether it is Ballu in Khal Nayak, Munna in Munna Bhai, M.B.B.S. and Lage Raho Munna Bhai or Kancha Cheena in Agneepath, Sanjay has played diverse characters, in his 40-year long illustrious career and his each character has left an indelible impression on the audience. Sanjay Dutt’s dialogues and his peculiar style have helped him carve a niche for himself in the highly competitive movie industry. Recipient of several awards, including two Filmfare Awards and three Screen Awards, Sanjay Dutt is a marvel of Hindi cinema. Saluting his vast body of work, here we have compiled some of Sanjay Dutt famous dialogues and one-liner that have etched in our minds.
Best Sanjay Dutt Dialogues from His Superhit Movies
1. Khal Nayak (1993)
Released in 1993, Khal Nayak gave a colossal boost to Sanjay Dutt’s career. This Hindi crime action thriller film was directed by Subhash Ghai and had Sanjay Dutt, Jackie and Shroff, Madhuri Dixit in a pivotal role. Khal Nayak is also known for its famous song “Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai”. The film revolves around Ballu, a gangster! Sanjay received many praises for his villainous character- Balaram a.k.a “Ballu” Prasad.
Here are famous Sanjay Dutt dialogues from Khal Nayak:
- Zindagi ke har natak mein ek hota hai nayak … aur ek hota hai khalnayak
- Insaaf Na Kanoon De Sakta Hai Na Police … Agar Koi Insaaf De Sakta Hai … To Ek Insaan Doosre Insaan Ko De Sakta Hai…
- Aap Kaam Karte Rahe … Aur Main Sota Raha, Sota Raha, Sota Raha
2. Vaastav: The Reality (1999)
Vaastav: The Reality is a 1999 released action crime film starring Sanjay Dutt and Namrata Shirodkar in the key role. Sanjay received a Filmfare award in the best actor category for the movie. His character Raghunath “Raghu” Namdev Shivalkhar is regarded as one of the memorable onscreen characters in India.
Iconic Sunjay Dutt’s dialogues from Vaastav: The Reality:
- Asli hai asli … pachaas tola, pachaas tola … kitna, pachaas tola
- Mumbai pe raj karta hoon … raj
- Tere karm hi nahi re … teri saali poori atma sadeli hai sadeli
- Trigger dabaya … aur khel khallas!
3. Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003)
Undoubtedly, Murli Prasad Sharma (Sanjay Dutt) is one of the favourite goons of Hindi Cinema. He is known for his quirky style and loud behaviour; above all, he had a heart of gold and, not to forget, his jadoo ki jhappi, which could melt anyone’s heart. Directed by Rajkumar Hirani, Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. is one of the best movies of Dutt’s career. The movie also has Sanjay’s father, late actor Sunil Dutt, Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani.
Some of the memorable Sanjay baba dialogue from the movie:
- Woh bahar casualty mein koi marne ki haalat mein raha … to usko form bharna zaroori hai kya?
- Jab tum smile karta hai na … toh aisa lagta hai ki kya mast life hai
- Aye Mamu … jadoo ki jhappi de daal aur baat khatam
- Carrom ramwanu, juice pivanu … mazza ni life
- Agar do logon mein connection ho na, feelings ho na … toh dil ki awaaz dil se sun sakte hai
- Do-sau-che type ka sirf haddi hai … todhne ke time apun log sochte they kya
4. Musafir (2004)
Directed and produced by Sanjay Gupta, 2004 released Musafir is one of the best action thrillers. The movie has Sanjay Dutt as Billa, Anil Kapoor as Lucky, Aditya Pancholi as Inspector Tiger, and Sameera Reddy as Sam in the lead role. The film earned a houseful collection at the Box Office. With his character, Sanjay left a strong impression on the hearts of the audience. The audience also liked his look in the film.
Best Dialogues of Sanju Baba from Musafir:
- Jahan Dekhi Laundiya, Nachne Laga Dandiya…
- admi Musafir Hota Hai Hero … Aata Hai, Jaata Hai
- Ab Gandhiji Ko Hi Le Lo … Puri Zindagi Ahinsa Ahinsa Ke Peeche Bhaagte Rahe … Aur Humne Unki Photo Aaisi Cheez Par Chaap Di … Joh Hinsa Ki Sabse Badi Jhad Hai … Paisa…
- Ab Dekh Tamasha … Dhikhata Hoon Tereko Bipasha…
- Taqdeer Teri Chutti Pe Hai, Maut Tere Sarr Pe Hai … Lekin Baatein Aise Karta Hai, Jaise Zindagi Tere Bistar Pe Hai…
- Is Mein Sirf Ek Goli, Aur Bheje Ki Khali Kholi … Peeche Ka Khadda Do Centimeter Ka, Aur Samne Se Thopda Mr India…
5. Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006)
Rajkumar Hirani directorial, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, is a sequel to Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. The movie advocates the philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi. Dutt was in top form as the lovable mafia Munna, who embraced ‘Gandhigiri.’ Besides him, Arshad Warsi reprised his character ‘Circuit’ from its prequel and shared the same commendable camaraderie with Munna. The film also has Vidya Balan and Boman Irani in the prominent role.
Some of the inspiring Sanjay Dutt Dialogues from Lage Raho Munna Bhai are:
- Desh toh apna ho gaya hai … lekin log paraye ho gaye hain
- Jab dono gaal pe padh jaye toh kya karneka … yeh Bapu ne nahin kaha apun ko
- Bole toh Gandhigiri zindabad!
- Apun ke bheje mein saala chemical locha hai
- Apun ke pass Bapu hai Mamu!
- Apun ke saath kuch khunass hai kya … kaiko sab khudkhushi waale idea derela hai
- Tera get well soon ho jayega Mamu
6. Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007)
Based on the real Lokhandwala Complex shootout that took place in 1991, Shootout at Lokhandwala is one of the best movies by Sanjay Dutt. With his on-point dialogue delivery and acting skills, the actor aced the role of Additional Commissioner of police. He has some of the best dialogues in the movie that have inspired many.
Sanjay Dutt best dialogues from the movie Shootout at Lokhandwala:
- Tum logo ke bheje mein baat toh jaati nahi hai … sirf goli jaati hai
- Aadmi khatam … toh files khatam
- Tumhare aur mere beech sirf ek hi cheez ho sakti hai … maaro ya marro
- Informers police waale ke teesre kaan hote hai
7. Luck (2009)
Karim Moussa was one of the prominent characters in Luck. Sanjay Dutt not only justified the role with his strong personality but also mouthed some of the best dialogues that have over the years become synonym with Dutt. The movie was written and directed by Soham Shah and had Sanjay Dutt, Mithun Chakraborty, Shruti Haasan, Imran Khan, Danny Denzongpa, Ravi Kishan and Chitrashi Rawat in the key roles.
Sanjay Dutt’s quintessential dialogues from his movie Luck:
- Ek goli daali, paanch khali … sir pe taani, khopdi khaali
- Zindagi mein luck bhi sirf uska saath deta hai … jis mein jeetne ka jazba ho
- Luck jitna ghista hai … uski dhaar utni hi tezz hoti hai
- Jaan dene se lakeerein mitt jaati hai … aur zinda rehne se shayad lakeerein badal sakti hai
- Sahi time par sahi jagah hona … sahi time par sahi baat karna … aur sahi time par sahi kaam uthana … iss hi ko luck kehte hai
- Tujhe yahan laya kaun, tera luck … aur tujhe bhejega kaun, tera luck
- Jua woh nasha hai … joh ek baar jeete toh insaan ko vapas kheench laata hai
- Duniya saali jalti hai … jab taqdeer chalti hai
- Jua khelne ka mazaa tab aata hai … jab samne waale ka luck mazboot ho
- Waqt ki fitrat khol de kismat … khud pe bharosa hai toh aazmaa le apna luck
8. Son of Sardar (2012)
While this romantic family drama revolved mainly around Ajay Devgan and Sonakshi Sinha, Dutt’s character – Balwinder “Billu” Singh Sandhu, was highly appreciated for his looks and dialogues. The movie was hit at the Box office, and so are Sanju baba’s quirky dialogues that could make anyone laugh!
- Popular Sanjay Dutt dialogues from Son of Sardar
- Bachpan ki pant jawani mein fit nahi hoti … aur har no ball pe free hit nahi hoti
- Kudi da patla lak te munde da good luck … dono luck ki baat hoti hai
- Joh bheed mein shikaar kare woh sher nahin thug hota hai … aur agar dushman tagda ho, toh usse maarne ka mazaa hi alag hota hai
- Khet ka ganna teh romantic picture ka hero Rajesh Khanna … bulaye nahi jaande
- Power waale chashme te chadahi hui kasme … ek baar chad jaati hai na toh utaari nahi jaati
- Oye oye oye yaad mat dila … rom rom romantic ho jata hai
- Apne ghar mein kutta bhi sher hota hai … lekin sher har jagah sher hota hai
- Buddhe ke mooh mein toffee aur mehmaan ke mooh se maafi … achchi nahi lagti
- Har khothe jaise dikhne waali cheez khothi nahi hoti … aur har bhook ka ilaaj roti nahi hoti
- Yeh dil hai na … tractor ki engine ki tarah dhadakhta hai
9. Kaante (2012)
The multi starrer film Kaante had Sanju Baba in a grey character. The movie was directed by Sanjay Gupta and earned much appreciation from critics and the audience. The 2012 released film is also remembered for its remarkable dialogues that were uttered by baba.
Best Sanjay Dutt dialogue in hindi are:
- Sawaal yeh nahi hai ki bar mein kitni daru hai … sawaal yeh hai ki tu kitni pee sakta hai
- Saara din tu bhaukega … ya kaatega bhi
- Taqdeer tera bistara garam karna chahti hai … aur tujhe sofe pe sona hai
- Agar main yeh bomb tere sar pe rakhoonga toh pehle kya phatega … yeh bomb ya tera sar … (tu bata kya phatega) … sabse pehle teri phategi
- Kahani mein twist ho na … toh mazaa aata hai
10. Agneepath (2012)
His puffed-up eyes, dreadful look and wicked smile in Agneepath garnered Sanjay Dutt appreciation from all the quarters. His villainous character, Kancha Cheena, is amongst the most iconic characters in Bollywood. In order to get into the skin of the character, the actor got bald and even pierced his ear. Besides his look, Dutt dialogues from Agneepath also become quite famous and have left a strong impact in the audience mind. Directed by Karan Malhotra, the movie also had Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rishi Kapoor alongside Sanjay Dutt and was a super hit.
Some of the hard-hitting yet famous dialogues of Sanjay Dutt as Kancha Cheena from Agneepath are:
- Tum kya leke aaye the, aur kya leke jaaoge. Rahejaye sirf ek insaan, sarva shakthi shali, sarva shaktimaan.
- “Ab mein likhunga geeta ka unneesva adhyay. Vijay Dinanath Chauhan Ko Marna Padega”
- Na Moh, Na Maya, Na Mamta Ka Bandhan… Bus Anand Hi Anand.
- Aaj Ke Jeevan Ka Doosra Naam Hai… Rokda, Paisa, Maal.
- Yere Yere Pausa, Tula Deto Paisa, Paisa Saala Khota, Paus Aala Motha…
11. Zila Ghaziabad (2013)
Directed by Anand Kumar, Zila Ghaziabad is a political action thriller film. It features Sanjay Dutt, Vivek Oberoi, Arshad Warsi in lead roles. The story of the movie is inspired by the true story of the gang wars of Ghaziabad. Sanjay Dutt played the role of controversial police officer-Pritam Singh. The actor justified his role by delivering the power-packed dialogues that raised his acting career a notch higher.
Zila Ghaziabad Sanjay Dutt dialogues:
- Kutta kitna bhi khatarnak ho jaaye … sher ki nahi le paata
- Yeh kaminapan mere sivah kaun karega?
- Kabhi bal se toh kabhi chhal se … kitno ki Lanka dhai hai … par is shehar ki hawa mein kuch ajeeb se garmai hai … is liye purane paintere chhod, ab yahan akal ladane ki baari aayi hai
- Nishana lagane ka maaza tab aata hai … jab shikaar daud raha ho … khade hue insaan ko maarna aaise hai … jaise mele mein gubaare phodna
- Zindagi aur maut aankh mein choli ka khel hai … par Pritam Singh jab khele toh baki sab fail hai
- Pritam Singh zinda rehne ka ek mauka sabko deta hai … joh maan le toh theek, varna upar jaake rota hai
12. Panipat (2019)
Sanjay Dutt and Arjun Kapoor starrer Panipat may not have done well at the box office, but it is applauded for its extravagant sets and well-researched characters. Amongst all the characters, Sanjay Dutt’s character as Ahmad Shah Abdali stood out. The actor looked breathtaking as the Afghan king. His dialogue delivery, costumes, and body language seamlessly fitted the skin of his character. Panipat was directed by Ashutosh Gowariker and was based on the real events that took place during the Third Battle of Panipat.
One of his dialogues from the movie that punctuates his character is:
- Ye More ka Takht aur Kohinoor…badi mashkkat se paaye jaate hain….Chhinane se nahi milta
There would be hardly anyone who does not know about Sanjay Dutt-one of the gems of Bollywood! The actor has worked in more than 180 movies ranging from crime thrillers to love stories, comedy to romantic that have earned him a super star status. Admiration and love for him spans generations for his unique style and several dialogues like Asli hai asli … pachaas tola, pachaas tola … kitna, pachaas tola from Vaastav, Woh bahar casualty mein koi marne ki haalat mein raha … to usko form bharna zaroori hai kya? From Munna Bhai MBBS and many others!