Pan D tablet is manufactured by ALKEM Laboratories LTD. This tablet is a composition of Pantoprazole 40 mg and Domperidone 30 mg. Pan D comes in the form of a capsule and is used to treat heartburn, acidity, vomiting, nausea, etc. One pack of 15 Pan D tablets will cost you Rs 178.00/-.
How does Pan D work?
Pan D loosens up the lower part of the stomach and stiffens the upper part, thus, allowing the food to pass quickly to the intestine from the stomach.
Pan D comprises of Domperidone, this is an anti-dopaminergic agent and is used to treat diseases like:
- Nausea: This is the feeling that you are about to vomit. People going through nausea will be less on stamina.
- Gastrointestinal problems: This is a problem which occurs in the stomach as well as in the intestine.
- Parkison’s: This is a chronic neurological disease which in the future will decrease dopamine production and it is marked by a tremor of muscles, illness unbalancing, etc.
How does Domperidone help?
This tablet helps the stomach in getting rid of digestive problems and uncommon stomach ache. It also reduces heartburn issues by emptying the stomach much faster and decreases the feeling of nausea.
Keep Note: It is advisable that Domperidone must not be taken more than its prescribed dose as it may have a negative impact on your body. It may lead to hyperprolactinemia, which is severe pain in the breast and enlargement of the breast.
Precautions to be taken before consuming Domperidone tablet are listed below:
- This tablet should be taken in short durations to control Nausea and Vomiting.
- It is preferred to take oral Domperidone tablets before having food.
- Taking this tablet for a longer duration will cause extreme growth of bacteria in the tracts of GI.
- The dose must not be taken two times to make up for a missed dose.
- It is better to intake this tablet before consuming any type of food as the results are delayed if taken after consuming food.
- Let your doctor know before taking this tablet.
Storage of Pan D:
Store Pan D tablets at room temperature which should range from 15 to 30 degree Celsius.
The second component of Pan D is Pantoprazole:
This tablet is used in the treatment of stomach ulcers and short-term erosive esophagitis. It can also be used with other medicines to cure Helicobacter pylori. This medicine can be taken in the form of an injection or can be consumed orally.
It is used for treating those kids and elderly people who have been suffering from erosive esophagitis. As per the reproductive study made on rats and rabbits, there have been no ill-effects with the development of babies and thus this medicine can be consumed during pregnancy as well. However, those on regular medication need to consult the doctor before choosing to intake Pantoprazole.
When is Pan-D case recommended?
- Erosive Esophagitis –
- Container D Capsule Sr is utilized to fix the state of Erosive Esophagitis described by ulcers or mucosal breaks.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease –This drug is useful in forestalling Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, a condition in which corrosive from the stomach chafes the nourishment pipe.
- Peptic ulcer –
- The drug likewise treats peptic ulcers that structure within a covering of the stomach and digestive tract, described by acid reflux and swelling.
- Helicobacter pylori Infection –
- Container D prescription gives help against Helicobacter pylori Infection and related side effects, for example, stomach torment caused because of microorganisms.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome –
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome can be treated by this case. It is caused when there is an overproduction of gastric corrosive which results in tumors in the pancreas or small digestive system.
- Queasiness and heaving –
- Skillet D Capsule Sr helps in forestalling queasiness and spewing that may be caused because of chemotherapy or any stomach related framework issue.
Commonly found problems in patients:
- Gastrointestinal: Abdominal pain (6%), Diarrhea (9%), Flatulence (4%), Nausea (7%), Vomiting (4%)
- Neurologic: Headache (12%), Dizziness (3%)
- Neuromuscular and Skeletal: Arthralgia (3%)
- This capsule should be taken empty stomach and that too in the morning.
- You must in-take plenty of water.
- You should not crush or chew the capsule.
- You must complete the cycle.
- It is advisable that adults must take one capsule in a day before food.
- This capsule should not be taken for more than a fortnight unless your doctor advises you to continue the same.
- If you are suffering from chronic liver and kidney diseases, you must inform the doctor before taking this capsule.
- If there is no improvement even after taking the tablet or the symptoms are the same as it was earlier, you must consult a doctor as soon as possible.
How Pan-D Capsule Works?
Pan-D Capsule, as stated, is a blend of two meds: Domperidone and Pantoprazole. Domperidone is a prokinetic which deals with the upper stomach related tract to build the development of the stomach and digestive organs, enabling the sustenance to move all the more effectively through the stomach. Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by lessening the measure of corrosive in the stomach which helps in the alleviation of corrosive related acid reflux and indigestion.
Pantoprazole Side Effects
- Severe allergic reaction
- Variation in the heart-pounding ratio
- Abdominal pain
- Variation in the heart-pounding ratio
- Vitamin B- 12 deficiency
- Irregular periods
- Irritation in pharynx, blurred vision and stuffy nose
- Reduces the number of white and red blood cells, including the platelets
Allergy Reactions by taking Capsule Pan D
- Redness of skin
- The patient might faint
- Issues in breathing
- Puffiness on various parts of the body.
Pan D capsule is likely to cause a reaction with the below-mentioned products or medicines:
Results of capsule Pan D
The patients will find themselves relieved of problems such as vomiting, nausea, acidity, etc. This capsule starts working within 30 minutes or 1 hour. Hence there would be no delay in getting well soon. Remember that the Pan D capsule is not addictive.
If you want to get well soon
- Exercise regularly
- Do not consume alcohol
- Keep off smoking
- Make sure you maintain a proper diet
- Drink a lot of water
Do not take Pan D capsule in Following Situations
- When you see allergic reactions on your body
- If you experience variations in the heartbeat.
- Suffering from any heart disease
- If you lack magnesium, potassium and calcium electrolytes.
- When there is a blockage in the intestine.
- Suffering from diseases related to kidney or liver
Pan D Capsule is available in tablet as well as injection. It is one of the components of dopamine antagonists set. It is generally used in overcoming the problem related to the gastrointestinal tract that is linked with gastritis or diabetes. For people undergoing issues of digestion and heartburn, intake of Pan D tablet will reduce the further symptoms like unsettled stomach, feeling full and bloating. It reduces the level of acids in the stomach and works effectively on the issues of Parkinson’s. Pan D stops stimulation in the vomiting center of the brain thus puts an end to nausea.