Steam inhalation is one of the go-to home remedies for cold, stuffy nose, cough and nasal congestion. Also known as steam therapy, it includes inhalation of water vapour. While hot water vapours only provides comfort from the congestion, what actually works is a nasal decongestant capsule such as Karvol Plus. This tablet works wonders when it comes to treating infections in the respiratory tract. It contains camphor, menthol and eucalyptol that produces a local analgesic effect. Plus, these kill bacteria and let you breathe without any discomfort. You can add it into the bowl of hot water or a steamer. Scroll down to know more about Karvol Plus capsule uses composition side effects and more.
Karvol Plus Composition
- Chlorothymol: 5.0 mg
- Menthol: 55 mg
- Terpin: 120 mg
- Camphor: 25 mg
- Eucalyptus Globulus:125 mg
Manufacturer: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription Required: Yes
Type of Medicine: Decongestant medicine
Karvol Plus Capsule Uses and Benefits
This capsule can be used steam to treat cold and cough. It has the following benefits.
- Karvol Plus tablet is a nasal decongestant; it is known to provide instant relief from the blocked sinuses. It possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat a number of infections, including sinusitis.
- It provides relief from swelling and irritation in the nasal passages.
- Since it had anti-inflammatory properties thus, it helps to get rid of inflammation in the respiratory tract. They also help in improving respiratory functions.
- Karvol Plus cap has ingredients like eucalyptol, terpineol and chlorothymol. These ingredients have antiseptic and anti-infective properties that help to cure seasonal infections.
- Tab Karvol Plus kills bacteria and let you breathe without any difficulty.
- The medicine also has the type of antioxidant called rosmarinic acid that fights back allergies.
- It has menthol that removes mucus from the lungs and opens the nasal passage that treats congestion.
- The tablet contains mint as the main ingredient that gives a cooling effect while clearing the congestion.
- The tablet can also be used for Aromatherapy as it distresses the body and relaxes the mind that further helps to reduce fatigue.
Directions to Use Capsule Karvol Plus
The capsule should be only used for inhaling purposes only. Follow these steps to use the tablet:
- Cut the cap Karvol Plus tip, squeeze its contents into the hot water, and use it to inhale/ take steam. Or you can squeeze its contents on your handkerchief and inhale the same.
- If added to the hot water, make sure the water isn’t boiling and inhale through the mouth or nose (It shouldn’t come in contact with the eyes).
- Repeat it as needed and do not inhale it for a longer time.
Side Effects of Karvol Plus Medicine
These capsules are generally safe and do not cause any side effects. It can at times lead to burning sensation, vomiting and dryness in the nasal cavity. It should be kept away from kids and pets. Also, consult your doctor immediately as soon you witness any allergy or side effects.
Precautions and Warning Related to Karvol Plus
- The tablet is meant for inhalation purposes, so do not chew or take it with water like any other tablet.
- The tablet should not be used for babies under 9 months.
- Use it for the external purpose only. In case the droplets of the capsule come into contact with your nostrils and eyes, rinse it immediately with water.
- Store the tablet is in a dry or cool place.
- Avoid using the tablet if you are allergic to any of the ingredients found in this capsule.
- Keep it away from kids and pets.
- Pregnant and lactating women should use the tablet under the supervision of their doctor.
How does Karvol Plus Medicine works?
This is an inhalant capsule that helps in the treatment of nasal congestion, common cold, cold sores, cough and asthma. It reduces the histamine H1, muscarinic MG receptor-mediated bronchoconstriction and temporarily relieves the minor pain by surpassing the mitochondrial respiration. It further provides relief from nasal congestion and kills sensitive bacteria.
Karvol Plus capsule is one of the most suitable tablets for the treatment of nasal congestion. You can add a few drops of this capsule into the hot water and use it for steam inhalation for best results. Pregnant and lactating women should consult their doctor before using the tablet. Also, avoid using it if you are allergic to any of its ingredients like Chlorothymol, Menthol, Camphor and Eucalyptus.
Either pour the content of the capsules on the water and use it as steam or you can dab it over your handkerchief and smell it to cure a cold, cough etc.
This capsule can be used by adults and kids. However, one should not use it for babies below nine months.
The medicine is a popular decongestant! If it is not used rightly, it can be poisonous for anybody.
No, this medicine is available at online pharmacy stores like Pharmeasy, 1MG, Netmeds etc.
Yes, you can use a humidifier for a baby below nine months if you have to use it.
While the capsule does not have any side effects, it can sometimes lead to drowsiness, vomiting, etc.
Yes, both have similar compositions and can be used as each other’s alternatives.
The capsule is completely safe, but pregnant women should consult with their doctor before taking it.
Yes, inhaling Karvol is totally safe.
Yes, the tablet has camphor that helps to clear the nasal congestion.