Ever since Whatsapp has been introduced, it has simplified many tasks such as sharing locations with your contacts or sharing documents, images, your voice note, and it also allows you to make your payments. According to the recent feature, both Android and IOS users can create messenger rooms for video calling.
We owe so much to Whatsapp! If it wasn’t there, we would certainly have had a hard time explaining the direction of our location. Besides sharing location, you can set the duration of the time you want your location to be visible to your Chat and then you can also stop sharing location whenever you want. And you do not have to worry about Privacy, since this feature is end-to-end encrypted, thus, no one else apart from people with you who have shared the location can see it. And the best part is that you cannot share the location only through your phone. You can also share it via your desktop via Whatsapp Web.
In case you haven’t got your hands on the location sharing feature on Whatsapp and still searching How to share my location in Whatsapp, this is the right place for you! Here we have shared a step-by-step guide to share location on Whatsapp via your smartphone.
Table of Contents
How to Share My Location on Whatsapp on Android Phone?
Follow these easy steps to share your live/current or nearby location with your friends, family and others over Whatsapp.
1. Go to your Android Phone Settings.
2. Tap on to the Apps & Notifications.
3. Then, click on the Advanced, followed by App permission.
4. Tap on the Location and then Turn On WhatsApp.
In case you have recently opened your WhatsApp, follow these steps to share your location:
- Go to Android Phone Settings.
- Then click on Apps & Notifications.
- Tap on Whatsapp, followed by Permission and then Turn on Location.
- Open Individual or group chat where you wish to share your live location.
- Click on Attach, then Location and then Share Your Live Location or Send your Current Location and select the nearest location.
- Select the length of the time (from 15 minutes, one hour or eight hours) till you want to share the location. After the selected time, the shared location will not be visible.
- Along with time, you can also add a comment while sharing the location.
- Click on Send.
How to Share Live Location in Whatsapp on iPhone?
iPhone users can follow the below listed step-by-step guide to share their location (live or current) on Whatsapp:
- Go to Settings to enable location permissions for WhatsApp in iPhone.
- Click on Privacy, then Location Services.
- Then tap on WhatsApp, followed by Always.
- Visit Phone Settings and click on WhatsApp.
- Then tap on to Location and then click Always.
- Open your Individual or Group Chat
- Click on Plus Sign (on the left side of the Chat), then tap on to Location.
- Select whether you wish to share Only While Using the App or Always.
- Then select between Send Your Current Location or Share Live Location.
- Select the duration for which you wish to share the location.
- Click Send. Soon the map of your location will be shared along with the red pin.
Note: On selecting a current location, you would be able to share only the PIN of your location. However, if you choose a live location, it will update your live location as you move.
Whatsapp is one of the most-used apps. It is not restricting to calling and messages, it offers much more! You can share your documents, photos and even location through it. The feature of sharing location comes in handy at times when you need to inform your friends’ relatives, or anyone about the location where you are. The process of Live or Current location is quite simple. In this blog, we have shared step by step ways on how you can share your location on Whatsapp. We hope the blog will be helpful to you.
First, enable your location permission on Whatsapp in your smartphone, then open the Chat, where you want to share the location. Click on the location, select your preferred options and then click on Send.
Yes, click on the location you have shared with your contact on Whatsapp and then click on Stop Sharing.
Open your Whatsapp, go to the Chat (group or Individual), tap on Location, select from Live or Current Location. The map of the location would be shared with your contact with the red pin (indicating your location).