Facebook is the most popular site in the world, Google and YouTube. Ever since FB has launched, it has become a go-to social platform to connect with friends. The platform is regular with the update. Along with many other updates, FB in 2020, FB has introduced a special feature that allows the users to lock their profile image. This feature enables smartphone and desktop users to lock their profile; after doing so, it would be visible to your Friends only. This feature is ideal for users who do not wish to show their profile to everyone on Facebook. One of the main benefits of this feature is that unwanted people would be allowed to view your profile. Read more benefits and How to lock facebook profiles through smartphones and PC.
Benefits of Locking your Profile Picture on FB
Once you lock your profile picture on Facebook, people on your friend’s list would only have permission to follow.
- Only friends can see your photos, posts, and stories on your profile.
- Only your friends would be able to see your profile picture and cover photo in full size.
- Any posts that you have shared in the past to the Public will change to Friends.
- Only some part of your About info will be visible to everyone on your profile.
- Profile review and tag review will be turned on.
- You will be able to share new posts and photos with your friends only.
Note: When you lock your profile on Facebook, your setting for how people find and contact you will not change. Thus, people can still search for you and send friend requests.
Lock Facebook Profile via Mobile App
Whether you are an iPhone user or have Android, you can lock your profile picture through the Facebook mobile app.
How to lock profile on Facebook on Android?
Follow the below-listed steps to lock your profile from your profile page:
- Open the FB app and click on your Profile.
- Click on three horizontal lines in the top right of your Facebook.
- Click on your name.
- Click More under the user name.
- Tap on the Lock Profile
- Click on Lock Your Profile again to confirm.
When you view your Profile after locking it, you will see a blue badge along with Your Profile is Locked. People who aren’t your friends on FBwill see this blue badge on your profile.
Note: You can unlock your profile anytime.
How to Lock Facebook Profile in iPhone?
Here we have listed a step-by-step guide to help you lock your profile on Facebook on your iPhone.
- Open the FB mobile app.
- Go to your Profile.
- Click on your Name (Under Menu).
- Click on three dots on the right side of Edit Profile.
- Then tap on Lock Profile.
- To confirm the same, tap on Lock Your Profile.
Lock Facebook Profile via Desktop
In addition to locking profile picture through mobile apps, you can also lock it through your desktop in a couple of easy steps.
- Open Chrome, enter Facebook.com in Search Google.
- Enter your email ID and Password and complete the log-in process.
- Tap on your Profile icon and replace ‘www’ with ‘m’ so that the URL, e.g. ‘m.facebook.com/yourprofilename’.
- This will route you towards the mobile version of the FB on your desktop.
- Then follow the same steps as you would do in your Android or IOS to lock your profile.
You May Also Like: How to Access Whatsapp Web on Desktop?
Thanks to Facebook’s latest feature that allows the user to lock their profile picture, only their friends would see it. Not only profile pictures, your recent posts, stories etc., will also be restricted to your FB friends only. The feature is available for IOS and Android Users.
Open your Facebook account through the mobile app. Click on the three lines and then tap on your name. Subsequently, click on three dots and then tap on Lock Profile, confirm the same.
This could be possible because your FB app is not upgraded or Facebook privacy settings are not modified.
In 2020, Facebook rolled out a new feature of locking profile pictures in India.