Reliance Jio entered the market with a big bang that shook the landscape of the telecom industry. At the time when the charges for 1GB of data was as high as ₹250, the Jio network appeared with great promises of high 50mbps speed, free calls, free data, and messages. But now, the Jio users are facing the issue of a slow Jio net. The experts say that there are an enormous amount of Jio internet users, which affects speed. So the question arises that how to increase Jio speed for 4G internet and WiFi.
Increase Jio Internet Speed Using Different Methods
1. Change Jio APN Setting for High Speed Internet in 2021
APN or Access Point Name is the path for operating all cellular connectivity. So when we are talking about how to increase net speed in Jio, we need to focus on APN setting. Here we have given the manual setting for android users. If you are an iOS user, then APN is automatically set by the system.
Jio 4G APN Settings for Android Smartphones
So go through the steps carefully:
- Go to your mobile setting
- Click on ‘SIM cards and mobile networks’
- Go to Access Point Names
Further, you will see a list of setting criteria; you don’t have to change all of those. We have created a table with APN settings with the input you need to give.
|Jio Network APN Settings||Changes to increase Jio 4G speed|
|Proxy||No change required|
|Port||No change required|
|Username||No change required|
|Password||No change required|
|MMSC||No change required|
|MMS proxy||No change required|
|MMS port||No change required|
|MNC||857 or 863 or 874|
|Authentication type||No change required|
2. How to Increase Internet Speed in Jio by Setting Band Speed to 40
If you wish to increase Jio internet speed, then you have to keep an eye on many things. Know the validity of your Jio net pack, know to test the net speed, understand Band’s importance, and more. Here we will talk about better speed and coverage by changing the band setting.
Let’s see how to make the changes in setting to speed up the Jio 4G internet:
- Go to your phone dialler.
- Type *#*#4636#*#* and call.
- In the pop-up message, choose the phone information option.
- Choose the option “Set preferred network type.”
- From the list of option, select ‘LTE only.’
Now you need to restart your phone to check the speed of the Jio net. So, this is how you can increase net speed in Jio from your smartphone.
Additional Specific Settings:
To increase the Jio data speed for Qualcomm processor, follow the steps below:
- Install Shortcut Master from Google play store.
- Click on the menu and go to the search option.
- Enter ‘Engineer Mode’ and ‘Service Menu’, then click search.
- Open the access and set it to LTE bands.
To increase the Jio 4G network for MediaTek processor, follow the steps below:
- Install MTK Engineering from the play store.
- Go to its setting and select ‘Band Mode.’
- Select the slot in which you have placed the SIM.
- Change the setting to LTE.
- Select Band 40 to boost Jio internet speed.
What is Band Coverage Setting?
Band is the network frequency in which you will be able to connect to 4G. Different service providers give 4G connections in different frequencies. For instance, you will get Airtel 4G when you switch to Band 40 (2300MHz), Vodafone 4G is best connected when it on Band 5 (850Mhz), and so on.
Likewise, to improve data speed in Jio, you have made the changes in Band. There are also two ways to do that, depending on your needs.
Firstly, if you are in a good network coverage area and the speed is low, then set your Band as Band 40, then Band 3, then Band 5. This is in the sequence of the best band for the network to the least band.
Secondly, if you are in the region of poor network connectivity, set your Band to make your smartphone functional for internet usage. In this case, the preference order will change to Band 5, Band 3, and then Band 40.
3. Increase Jio Speed using Internet Booster
Jio offers a great recharge option to its users; if you are a prepaid customer, you can also try a variety of recharge packs. So, if you are interested, you can convert your Jio number from postpaid to prepaid. Once you recharge a good internet pack, there are few apps in the play store that will further increase Jio speed. ‘Internet Speed Booster and Optimizer App is one of that. So, go through the steps below:
- Install Internet Speed Booster and Optimizer App from play store.
- Enable access to the app from your smartphone.
- It will run as a background app.
- You will notice the increase in your Jio internet speed.
4. Use VPN App for High Speed Jio Internet
Another easy way to increase Jio speed is by downloading the Snap VPN app. This does not require you to root your phone. Here are the following steps:
- Download the Snap VPN app from the Google play store.
- Browse through the list of countries with the network signal strength.
- Choose the country with strong signal strength and connect to it.
- Now check the speed to ensure the increase in Jio net speed.
5. Clear Cache Data
If you are still wondering how to increase Jio 4G speed effortlessly, you need to figure out the problem behind it. One common reason for slow browsing experience could be your slow working device. This happens when it is loaded with tempt file and excess data. Hence you need to delete all the temporary files on your smartphone or laptop. Any operating system saves these files from enhancing the performance of the apps and other functions. But you can delete it to make room for better internet speed. Go by the following steps to clear cache:
- Go to your smartphone settings.
- Scroll and go to storage.
- Find cache data.
- Click on it, and it will ask permission for deletion.
- Click on delete.
Read Also: How to Enable Jio WiFi Calling?
How to Speed Up Jio Network: Tips and Tricks
The above-listed methods are tried and tested ways to increase Jio speed easily. Here are a few more tips that will help you enjoy a glitch-free internet browsing experience.
- Put Jio SIM in slot 1 of your mobile.
- Keep the speed test app on your phone to compare the speed difference.
- Use different server names to www.google.com.
- Remember to restart your phone after using any of the above steps.
In the growing need for the internet, our work, study, and social life depend on it, so we cannot take it lightly. Even if you got the best Jio internet pack with huge data and your net is slow, this could be really frustrating. So here we have discussed the solution for how to increase Jio speed for smooth internet usage. Here we have mentioned important methods that will significantly increase internet speed in Jio. We hope this blog was helpful for you. Please let us know which method worked for you.
Check Also: JIO Customer Care Number
There are many ways to increase Jio internet speed like changing APN setting, changing band speed, etc. Go through the blog to know more about such methods to speed up your Jio Internet.
You can improve your internet speed by changing the APN setting by downloading the internet speed booster app, and more. Go through this blog to learn about similar methods.
Jio reduces its internet speed after your limit is reached. So, in that case, you can install the internet speed app and ensure that the network is connected to Jio. Then open up your Jio App and check the speed meter. It would have boosted the Jio speed.
The internet speed can turn slow if you have reached the limit. It may also occur when the signal speed is a week or any problem with the router.