FASTag is an e-toll collection system in India that makes toll payments on National Highways hassle-free. It uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to scan the code and deduct the toll tax from the linked account or wallet. Presently 527 national highways have installed the technology to facilitate this service. Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Mr. Nitin Gadkari remarked that toll payment through this medium has significantly brought down fuel and time loss.
On 1st October 2017, FASTag was launched across 370 toll booths on highways. Now, after three years of trial, the use of this e-toll payment medium will be mandatory from 1st January 2021 on four-wheelers. If you have been using this service, you know how convenient it is to just zip through the toll plazas. But you need to have amount in the related account. So to be sure that you have enough credit, you require FASTag balance check.
The ministry has come up with various platforms that allow the users to easily make the payment and know FASTag balance. Here we have mentioned different ways to know the balance status. So go ahead and give it a read.
Different Ways for FASTag Balance Check
The facility of easy electronic toll payment was launched with the approach of complete digitalization of Toll Plazas. Therefore, there are many ways open for users to manage it. So if you are wondering how to check FASTag account balance, we have got the answer for you. You can knwo it through websites, apps, SMS, and customer care. Go through the points below and know different ways for the same.
1. Checking FASTag Balance on Official Website
The official portal of FASTag permits the users to enquire balance and recharge using this portal. Along with this, NHAI has also linked it with 13 banks, a few agencies, and e-wallets to make the recharge and other services.
This has made its balance inquiry convenient and easy. You simply need to visit these portals and log in using your credentials. Further, go to the view and pay section on the website. Through this portal, you can also look for the toll fees according to vehicle type.
2. Check Balance through My FASTag App
The dedicated app for this feature is named ‘My FASTag App.’ Another app by NHAI is FASTag Partner. These are available for android and iOS smartphones. So the app is a one-stop destination solution for your questions like how to check my balance and how to recharge it. You can start using this app by registering your mobile number linked with this facility. So, directly check your balance and recharge your wallet for never falling short of the toll fee amount.
- Download the My FASTag App from the Play Store or Apple Store.
- Register with the app using your mobile number.
- Now select the bank from which you bought this service tag.
- Enter your vehicle number.
- Enter your tag UPI ID.
- Further, click on validate to proceed.
Here on, you can go to the bill payment section and know your balance.
3. Balance Check through SMS
Once you apply, you need to link your mobile number with the account. From here on, FASTag balance can be easily checked. You will be notified everytime you cross through NH toll plaza. You will receive the message on the registered mobile number, and this is how you will be updated on the FASTag account balance.
4. Call Customer Care to Know Your FASTag Balance
Another easy way to know FASTag balance is by call. Yes, you can do that. NHAI requires you to register your mobile number. If you are done with that, then give a call at +91-8884333331. This is a toll-free number you can reach 24X7. When you call them, you will be informed of the current prepaid wallet amount.
5. FASTag Helpline Number for Balance Enquiry
NHAI has opened up many options for the customers to help and assist. The users can dial 1300 from the registered mobile number. The FASTag helpline will help you with its balance enquiry.
Check FAStag Balance for Linked Bank Portals
NHAI has permitted 13 Banks to sell and facilitate FASTag services. Even now, when it is going to be mandatory from January 2021 onwards, you can go to the associated bank to purchase the FASTag. Once you get it, you can use the services of that particular bank. Also the online recharge for it becomes very convenient and you can use credit cards to proceed with the payments.
Now let’s go ahead to know how to enquire FASTag balance online. The users can go to their respective bank portals for recharge, balance check, or other services. Here we have discussed how to know the balance using the few most used banks.
1. How to Check ICICI FASTag Balance?
If you have purchased your tag from ICICI bank or got free FASTag from there, then you can use this portal to know related details. Through the website, you can recharge your FASTag and see the balance. So follow the steps below to use the ICICI services.
- Go to the website of ICICI Bank (The link is mentioned below)
- Click on the existing customer to Login.
- On the disclaimer box, go to ‘Click to Proceed.’
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Select between the individual and corporate vehicle.
- Now login either by user name or mobile number.
- You will reach your dashboard.
- Here you will see the list of Trip numbers, Toll Plaza location, Licence Plate number, Tag Serial number, total amount, and outstanding amount.
- You can also download the PDF of each receipt.
ICICI Portal: https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUSTLOGIN/Default.aspx
2. Know FASTag Balance through SBI Website
It is easy to know the balance amount if you are SBI FASTag user as one can easily make payment transactions using SBI credit cards or debit cards. The service recharge and balance check also has easy steps to follow. So follow the steps below to know balance effortlessly.
- Go to the SBI portal dedicated to FASTag.
- Enter your mobile number and password.
- Enter verification code.
- After signing in, you will reach the dashboard.
- Here you can see all the transaction details, including balance details.
SBI Portal: https://fastag.onlinesbi.com/
3. Use HDFC Portal for Checking FASTag Balance
If your tag is linked with HDFC Bank then this section is useful for you. To know how to check FASTag balance through HDFC bank’s portal, go through the steps below:
- Go to the FASTag portal of HDFC bank.
- Click on the retail login located at the right side of the page.
- After proceeding, you will reach to next page.
- Under secure login, enter User ID and Password.
- Now you can view the list of all amount deductions, current account balance, and other related details.
4. Check Balance of FASTag using Paytm
If you need to look for your Paytm FASTag balance, then go by the steps below. For any other inquiry, you call the customer care number for assistance.
- Enter the login details, including user ID and password.
- You see various related services, including balance details.
- You can also use this for reoccurring recharge alerts.
Paytm Pannel: https://fastag.paytm.com/Login/Login
5. Enquire FASTag Balance through AXIS Bank
Electronic toll collection through AXIS bank portal is another service that is useful for you if your FASTag is linked to this bank. So go by the steps below to enquire balance.
- Go to the AXIS portal.
- Click on ‘Retailer Road Users’ under FASTag Login section on the right.
- Enter the user ID and password.
- Your page will open up.
- This page will display the amount you paid and the outstanding amount, and more.
- Know your FASTag balance using this method.
AXIS FASTag Portal: https://etc.axisbank.co.in/
FASTag Customer Care Number of Banks Associated
Here we have listed the significant bank’s name that is associated with FASTag. Against the bank name, you will see the customer care helpline number that will help you know the balance.
|Bank linked with FASTag||Customer Care Helpline Number|
|PayTM Payments Bank||1800-102-6480|
|Bank of Baroda||1800-1034568|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||1800-419-6606|
|Karur Vysya Bank||1800-102-1916|
How to Get FASTag?
If you are new to FASTag electronic toll collection, you might wonder how to get it for car? It is easy to buy these radio frequency stickers from RTA offices, associated banks, agencies, and reputed e-commerce companies. You can also buy it from Toll plaza if you are carrying valid KYC documents. It costs ₹100 as a one-time payment for the purchase. Along with this, the user also needs to deposit a refundable security amount according to the type of vehicle.
However, NHAI waived off the purchasing cost of the tag to encourage more vehicle owners to use the facility. So, free FASTag was available between 15th to 29th February.
Why is it Necessary to Buy FASTag?
It is not only necessary but mandatory to buy the tag and start using it 1st January 2021 onwards. So if you are still not using it, you should buy it now else you could pay fine as well. This should also be noted that it is for four-wheelers and other heavy vehicles only. Using this facility makes our life easier, and recharge and enquire balance has also become very easy.
What are the Documents Required for FASTag Activation?
There are certain documents required for the successful submission of the application. Go through these as listed below:
- Copy of registration certificate of vehicle
- passport size photographs of the vehicle owner
- Valid document for Identity proof
- Useful document for Address proof
Benefits of Using FASTag – Electronic Toll Collection
While we are mainly talking about methods to check FASTag balance in this blog, it is also good to know its benefits and other related facts.
- Saves Fuel and Time
- SMS Alerts
- Manage Online
- Doorstep Delivery
- Ease of Use
If you use FASTag, then you can drive through toll plazas, and the sticker will be scanned and automatically deduct the toll fees. This makes the contactless transaction possible and saves time and fuel. Sooner, it is going to be compulsory on National Highways. Another question that follows this is how to check FASTag balance. So, this blog is a detailed answer to this question specifically. Here we have listed all the methods which will help you know the current balance status of your e-toll payment service.
You can buy FASTag from the RTA office, NHAI linked banks, approved agencies, and trusted e-commerce websites.
Yes, use the bank portals like ICICI, AXIS, Paytm, etc., to get the FASTag. Also, you can order this online from shopping websites like Amazon. You can read more about it in the blog above.
You can purchase the tag immediately, but it will take a minimum delivery time to reach you.
Yes, FASTag is mandatory to use from 1st January 2021 onwards.
The radiofrequency sticker comes with a validity of minimum of 5years.
Yes, you can buy it from Toll plaza as well if you are carrying valid documents for your verification.