Airtel is amongst the largest telecom operators in India. It offers prepaid and post-paid plans that provide competitive voice and information services, including broadband Wireless Support, 2G, 3G, 4G connectivity, and attractive value-added solutions. With a plethora of plans – with varying talk times & data limits -to choose from, subscribers may at times find themselves unable to keep track of their usage statistics and remnant balance in their accounts. USSD codes offer simple solutions to check Airtel Balance for just a need.
You might also like: How To Port Your Airtel Prepaid To Airtel Postpaid?
What is the USSD Code?
USSD code or Unstructured Supplementary Service Data, informally known as “Quick Codes,” connect mobile devices with computer software at the service providers’ end. The network operators provide these codes to allow their customers to access pre-configured services like call forwarding, balance inquiries, and multiple SIM function. The computer software reads a USSD request from a particular mobile device and transmits corresponding information to the device through a message.
A USSD code begins with the ‘*’ symbol, followed by a combination of digits, pre-configured for a particular task to be performed. The USSD code ends with the ‘#’ symbol.
Steps for Airtel Balance Enquiry:
If you are an Airtel subscriber, you can quickly check your balance via USSD code through following simple steps:
- To get the balance, dial *123#.
- Subsequently, for Airtel’s next balance check dial *123*10#.
- To know about all the Airtel offers, you can dial *121#.
- In case you wish to take a loan for the talk time or main balance then you would have to dial *141#
Steps to Check Airtel Prepaid Recharge Plans
You could also quickly check your Airtel prepaid recharge balance through the following steps.
- For managing Airtel Mobile, fixed-line/ broadband and digital TV accounts dial *121#.
- If you wish, you can start or stop value-added services on your Mobile.
- With the same number, you would also be able to check Airtel prepaid account balance along with the validity of your digital TV account and prepaid Mobile.
Steps to Check 2G/3G/4G Net Balance:
You can check Airtel prepaid status through the following codes:
- To check Free 2G Data Balance, you can dial *123*10# or *123*#.
- To check the 3G Data Balance, you can dial *123*11# through the Airtel card.
- To check Airtel 4G Balance dial *121*8# through the Airtel network.
- For checking Airtel Night Data Balance, you can dial *123*197#
Steps to Check Airtel Balance through Customer Care
Not comfortable with USSD codes? Don’t worry; Airtel also offers you simple to use customer care numbers. To know your Airtel Balance, you can call the customer care team at the toll-free number 198 or 121. And follow the below-listed steps.
- Call on 198 and then press 1 to select the language.
- For prepaid SIM press 1 and for post-paid SIM, you can press 2.
- Subsequently, hear the Interactive voice over the IVR system to check the balance and validity.
Steps to Check Airtel Balance via SMS
If you wish to know your balance via SMS, type HELP and send it to 121 through your Airtel number. Soon following USSD codes will appear:
- For Balance and Validity dial – *121*2#.
- For Best Offers dial – *121*1#.
- To know about the last 5 transaction dial- *121*7#.
- To start or stop a service call – 12116.
- For mobile internet settings, SMS MO to 54321.
- To get your number, dial *121*9#.
- For nearest ARC address –SMS-ARC <PINCODE>to 121
- For 10 Talktime as loan call- 52141
- To recharge with paper coupon dial *121*3*<16 digit PIN>#
Steps to Check Airtel Balance via True Balance App
- Visit play store and install the True Balance App.
- Complete the Sign-in process with your Airtel number or through any number and then add the Airtel number to it.
- Press the refresh button or swipe down on the screen and refresh the home page.
- On the bottom of the same page, Airtel Balance, Validity, Airtel SMS, and data usage will be displayed.
Steps to Check Airtel Balance Online:
- Go to Airtel Login Page and enter the Airtel number.
- Click on the ”Send OTP” button.
- Enter the OTP and log in.
- On the next page, the Airtel Balance and Validity will be displayed.
Steps to transfer Balance from Airtel to Airtel
- Dial *141# and continue to ‘’Share TalkTime’’ and soon a series options would appear on your phone screen.
- Type 1 to share Talktime and send it. Then enter the amount that you wish to transfer.
- You can transfer a minimum amount of Rs. 5 and the maximum amount Rs. 101. Your service charge would be deducted.
- Then enter the Airtel Number at which you want to transfer the amount.
- Subsequently, click SEND. In a meanwhile, you will receive the confirmation message.
In this blog, we have explained different ways to avail of various services on your Airtel subscription, such as checking your subscription’s validity, talk time balance, data balance, and other value-added services. With the help of USSD codes, you can easily check your balance in no time and with as little difficulty as possible.
Dial *121# and then press 3 (Manage my Accounts) and then press 5 (My Tariff Plan). Airtel will then display your current call plan.
There are two types of data plans one is the night data plan, and the other is Airtel 4G Balance. Dial for *123*197# for night data balance and dial *121*8# to check Airtel 4G Balance.
Dial *121*1# to know Airtel Offers.