An Aadhaar card is the proof of your identity and Address in India, thus, it should be updated with the correct information! Whether you have relocated or your address on aadhaar has an error, you should change it as soon as possible. According to the previous guidelines of UIDAI, the user could change their demographic changes like name, address etc., without proof; however, after the change in the guidelines, you ought to have a document asserting the proof of the address. In case you are searching for How to change Address in Aadhhar card? , you are at right place! Here we have curated online and offline ways that would help you to update your address on aadhaar.
How to Change Address In Aadhaar Card?
Unique Identification Authority of India provides the following ways to update your demographic details: Address, Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile Number, or Email ID in your Aadhaar Card.
1. Online portal- Self Service Update Portal (SSUP)
2. Visiting Permanent Enrolment centre
Steps to Change Address in Aadhaar Card Online
- Visit Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) or download the mAdhaar App.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Subsequently, type the characters (captcha) you see in the picture.
- Click on Send OTP.
- Subsequently, enter the six-digit One-Time-Password that you have received on your registered number.
- Click Log-In.
- Enter your Aadhaar card details.
- Select the document under the POA that you wish to use as proof of Address and your identity.
- Update the changed Address.
On successful submission of your online address update request, a URN Update Request Number) would be displayed on your screen, and the same would be sent to you on your registered number. You can use this URN to track your Aadhaar update status from here.
Note- The registered mobile number is mandatory for the Online Aadhaar Update Request.
Update Address in Aadhaar Card via Offline Method
You would have to visit the Permanent Enrolment centre to Change the Address on your Aashaar card. Follow these steps to locate your enrolment centre.
- Visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India
- Click on My Aadhaar.
- Then click on the Update Aadhaar at Enrolment/Update Center.
- Subsequently, search for the nearest Enrolment centre by selecting State or Postal (PIN)Code or Search Box.
- Then enter all the details asked on selecting any of the above.
- Enter CAPTCHA followed by Locate a Centre.
- Select your nearby Aadhaar enrolment Centre and time.
Documents Required to Update Address on Aaadhaar Card
In order to update your Address, you need to have any of the following POA (Proof of Address) documents containing Name and Address:
- Bank Statement/ Passbook
- Post Office Account Statement/ Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than three months)
- Water Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than three months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than one year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution on letterhead or Photo ID having Address issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS/ ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having Photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale/ Lease/ Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt
- Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents (in case of Minor)
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/ State Govt. (not more than three years old)
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Government, containing Address
- Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan
- Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
- Certificate of Address having Photo issued by Municipal Councillor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
- Identity Card issued by recognized educational institutions
- SSLC book having a photograph
- School Identity card
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC), containing Name and Address
- Extract of School Records containing Name, Address and Photograph issued by Head of School
- Certificate of Identity containing Name, Address and Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institution signed by Head of Institute on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
- Certificate of identity containing Name, DOB and Photograph issued by Employees¦ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update
Want to change your Address on your Aadhaar card? You can make the necessary changes by visiting the official website of the UIDAI or Permanent Enrolment centre. Make sure you have authentic documents as proof of Address. Once the request for the change is made, you will receive a URN that you can use to track the status. Also, you would be charged Rs.50 for the changes.
Visit the SSUP page and subsequently enter all the details as asked.
According to recently changed guidelines of UIDAI does not allow to change address in Aadhaar cards without any proof.
You can either change your Address on Aadhaar through an online method by visiting the SSUP page or can visit the nearest Permanent Enrolment centre.
Yes, you would have to pay Rs.50 demographic change such as the Address on your Aadhhar card.
Besides English, you can change your address or other details in Hindi, Urdu, Assamese, Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Odia, Malayalam and Tamil.
After your change request in Address in Aaadhaar card online or offline, it will take 90 days to reflect the change.
UIDAI website allows the users to change their Addresses twice in a lifetime.