Bought a new Airtel 4G SIM or recently ported your number to Airtel? If yes, is the answer, then you must be looking for How to activate Airtel SIM card. Once your KYC is completed, it would take a few hours for your number to get activated, and accordingly, you can call/video call/send messages or use the internet services. Below are some easy ways to tackle the query on activating voice call in Airtel.
Steps to Activate New Airtel 4G SIM
In case you are an existing Airtel user and wondering how you can activate Airtel 4G SIM that you have just bought, then you are at right place. We have listed step by step method that would help you to know new Airtel sim activation number and its complete process.
- Open your message app and create a new message.
- Type SMS SIM <20-digit SIM card number of your new Airtel SIM> send the SMS TO 121.
- Soon you will receive a confirmation message from the same number.
- Type 1 and send it to the same number.
- Subsequently, you will receive a confirmation call; listen to the call carefully and type 1 for your consent.
- In a couple of hours, your new Airtel SIM will be activated.
Note-The SMS service, your number will remain deactivated for 24 hours of the Airtel SIM activation number.
How to Activate New Airtel Sim (Prepaid)?
To activate your new prepaid SIM, follow the below-listed steps.
- Once the KYC is complete, wait for 4-60 minutes.
- Then your number will receive signals.
- Subsequently, dial 59059.
- Follow automated instructions.
In this way, one can activate Airtel sim by call.
How to Activate Airtel Postpaid SIM?
If you use a Postpaid number, you must follow a different method to activate the Airtel SIM card. Follow these easy steps to activate Airtel postpaid SIM without any hassle.
Method 1 – Tele Verification
Call 59059 from your new SIM and verify your number.
Method 2 – Address Verification
An executive from the Airtel customer care team will visit the address you have shared to verify the documents you have shared with them. After a few hours of verification, your Airtel postpaid number will be activated.
How to Activate Airtel SIM after Porting?
Have you just ported your Airtel number from Jio or any other telecom operator? Then all you have to do is follow the below-listed steps.
- Insert your brand new SIM card into your Smartphone.
- You would then be asked to enter your PIN.
- Subsequently, dial *123# to activate your Airtel SIM card.
- Then you will see Airtel on screen.
- After a few hours, your SIM would be activated.
Steps to Re-activate your De-activated Airtel SIM Number
According to TRAI’s latest rules, Airtel prepaid number should have a balance of Rs. 20. Otherwise, the number can be deactivated. If the same number is not used for more than 90 days, which means if you have not made outgoing calls, used the internet, or sent a video call from the number, the Airtel executive will reach you to deactivate your number.
If you are an Airtel user make sure, your number has sufficient balance and recharge it time-to-time so that it does not get deactivated. However, if your number gets deactivated by any means, you can reactivate the same number within 15 days by recharging your number. Following are the steps that would answer your question- How to activate Airtel SIM card, which is deactivated.
- Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to activate your SIM.
- Or, connect with the Airtel customer care executive.
- Visit the nearest Airtel customer care office and submit your request for reactivating your number.
3 Steps to Activate Your Airtel E-sim
Want to convert your physical SIM into e-sim? If yes is the answer, then follow these steps:
Step 1-Convert your Airtel E-Sim to Sim
- First, SMS eSIM<> and registered email id from your registered Airtel number to 121.
- Soon, after verifying your email id -you will receive an SMS from 121; revert with ”1” in 60 seconds to confirm your request for converting your SIM to eSIM.
- If the email id you have provided is wrong, you will receive an SMS from 121 asking to restart the process with the verified email id.
- Post you have sent ”1” on 121, you will receive one more SMS from the same number asking you to provide your consent through a call. If you fail to do so, your request for eSim would be rejected.
- Once you have provided your consent through the call, you will receive the last SMS from 121, asking you to scan the QR ID you received on your verified email id.
Step 2-Receiving QR Code
- After receiving the QR code, your number will be activated in 2 hours.
- Then scan the QR code that you have received on your email ID.
- During this entire process, your existing SIM would continue to work.
Step 3- Scanning your QR Code
Follow these given steps to scan the QR code from your Smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Mobile data.
- Then tap on ‘’Add Data plan’’
- Scan the QR code that you have received over email.
- Then Label eSim.
- Make your net pack is on your phone is connected to wifi during the entire process.
For Prepaid Users
- If you have not received the QR code on your email ID, send an SMS- NESIM TO 52212 ( for Airtel users in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Karnataka) or send NESIM to 51619 if you live in the rest parts of the country.
- Do not click on Delete in Settings. It will remove your e-SIM profile. However, if it has been removed, send the same SMS to the same number again.
For Postpaid Users
- If you have not received the QR code on your email id within the 30, send an SMS- NOSIM to 121 to continue the process.
- Do not click on the Delete option in the setting. However, if you tend to do it, SMS NOSIM to 121; this will not let SIM get disconnected.
Above, we have curated some easy ways to help you activate your Airtel SIM. Make sure you follow all the instructions shared by the Airtel customer care team on activating the number. Once your number is activated, recharge it with an ideal Airtel recharge plan to enjoy SMS, net services, and audio calling.
Send an SMS containing your 20-digit number to 121 and confirm the request by dialing 1. After some time, remove your old SIM card and insert the new one. Switch on your mobile phone and wait until the signal comes.
It usually takes one-two hour to get the Airtel SIM activated.
You can dial 59059 to activate your mobile number.
To know whether your number is activated, dial the Airtel customer care team or ask someone to call on your new number.
You can follow the complete process from the above blog to learn how to activate voice calls in Airtel.