One of the major problems faced by mommies is struggling to make their kid eat something healthy. On the other hand, youngsters, especially kids, love to eat delicious food that looks amazing as well. While snacking is an important part of growing up, it should be equally nutritious and retreat for eyes. Here we have curated six easy to make healthy snacks for kids that would be no less than bliss for all the young mothers out there.
List of Healthy Snacks for Kids
1. Ragi Cookies
There would be hardly any kid who does not love to eat cookies. However, you would have to be a little smart if you want to add a punch of nutrients to it. Ragi cookies are perfect for making at home. These are healthy, and your kid would love to have it. Plus, it is low in fat and has sufficient energy for your kid.
- 1 cup of ragi flour
- ½ tablespoon of cardamom powder
- One egg
- Half ginger
- Mix one cup of ragi flour along with the ½ tablespoon of cardamom powder in a pan.
- Roast the mixture nicely until it turns a little brown. Once done, remove from the flame.
- After a while, add a whisked egg to it and two pinches of dry ginger.
- Mix all the ingredients and then add a half cup of rice bran.
- Mix all the ingredients and knead it into the dough.
- Make small round balls from the dough.
- Place each ball on the flat dish. Make sure the dish is covered with butter paper.
- Pre-heat your oven and bake the cookies at 180 degrees C for 8 minutes.
2. Whole Grain Crackers
Next in our list of easy to make healthy snacks for kids is this scrumptious and nutritious whole grain cracker. These are made from whole grain wheat flour, which is a good source of carbohydrate and fibre. It will improve the digestion process, supply sufficient energy to the kids. It also has flax seeds that are a good source of phytochemicals, calcium, and fibre, which makes it a superfood.
- ½ Whole Wheat
- 11/2 tablespoon of oil
- ½ cup of ground oats
- 2 Tablespoon of flaxseeds
- 4 tablespoons of white sesame
- One tablespoon of red chili flakes
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of whole wheat flour and 11/2 tablespoon of oil and knead it well.
- In the other bowl mix ½ cup of ground oats, 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds and four tablespoons of white sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon of red chili flakes.
- In a mixer, grind all the above-listed ingredients.
- Add the ground ingredients to the dough and roll it.
- Make a round shape with the cookie cutter and place them on the flat dish.
- Pre-heat the oven and bake the crackers at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Store it in the airtight container and serve when required.
You might like: Easy Meal Lunch Recipes For Office Going People
3. Almond Granola Bar
This is one of the healthy snacks for kids. Adults could also have it. This granola bar has oats that provide carbohydrates and protein and fibre. It also contains vitamin B, thiamine, folate, and Vitamin B6 along with minerals such as manganese and magnesium.
- 225 gm Jaggery
- 150 ml Honey
- 225 gm oats
- 90 grams dry coconut
- 220 grams of almonds
- 25 grams of multigrain seeds
- 25 grams of sesame seeds
- One spoon of butter
- Boil some water in a deep vessel.
- Add 225gm jaggery and 150 ml honey to it.
- On the other hand, roast 225 grams of white oats, 90 grams of dry coconut, 220 grams of almonds, 25 grams of multigrain seeds, 25 grams of sesame seeds.
- Once the above mixture is ready, add melted butter, 5 grams of baking powder and 100 gm apricot, raisins, and roasted mix.
- In shallow tray, layout silver foil and spread the mix.
- Bake it for half an hour at 180 degrees C.
- Later cut it into the pieces once it cools down.
4. Steamed Chinese cabbage Parcels
Chicken is one of the nutritious food, especially kids. It boosts metabolism and is packed with other nutrients such as protein, sodium, fat on the other white cabbage is an excellent source of Vitamin B6, C, and K.
- ½ kg of chicken
- One egg white
- 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon of chili garlic paste
- 2 spoons of soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- Spring Onion
- Cabbage leaf
- Begin with mincing and marinating ½ kg of chicken for 4-5 hours.
- During Merinatrion, use 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onions, 2 tablespoons of chopped mushrooms, 2 tablespoons of chili garlic paste, 2 spoons of soya sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, one tablespoon of chopped ginger.
- Add some castor sugar, ginger juice, and black paper and mix all the ingredients.
- Place a cabbage leave on the plate and place the tablespoon of minced chicken on the center and wrap the cabbage. You can use spring onion to tie around.
- Steam it into the steamer for 20 minutes and serve hot.
You might like: Surprisingly Healthy Foods You Must Know
5. Oats Apple Crumble
Oats and Crumble are yet another easy to make a healthy snack for kids. Oats are a rich source of fibre and have multiple nutrients that include carbohydrates, proteins. On the other hand, apple is packed with the antioxidants that are excrement for kids.
- 4 Large apples
- 2 Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Lemon Zest
- 1 cup oats
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 11/2 cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut four apples into thin slices.
- Put them in the bowl and 2 lemon juice, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, lemon zest (grated) pinch of nutmeg. Mix all the ingredients for leave for half an hour.
- On the other side in a bowl, mix 1 cup of oats, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 11/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Take the baking pan and spread the oats mixture.
- Add apples on the top and add the rest of the oats.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to it and bake at 190 degrees C for 40 minutes until it turns brown.
6. Mixed Vegetable Sandwich
What could be better than a mixed vegetable sandwich for your young ones? With the wholesome of vegetables, this is one of the healthy snacks for kids. It is all the available remediable ingredients like green vegetables, leaf, and carrot. GLV’s are known for their iron content, and cucumber is packed with water and essential nutrients, which makes this recipe perfect for kids of any age.
- 2 Slices of bread
- Mayonnaise or butter
- Take slices of two bread (brown bread) and spread mayonnaise or butter over one slice and sauce on another slice.
- Cut 1 carrot, cucumber, tomato, cabbage, and some lettuce into thin slices.
- Place all the above-listed vegetables on one slice of the bread, added shredded cheese on the top, and cover it with another slice of the bread.
- Heat it in a toaster. Later cut the sandwich into two halves and serve it along with coriander chutney or ketchup.
This was our list of easy to make healthy snacks for kids. Do tell us which your favorite dish is and love to prepare for your kids.