Drotin DS is a medicine that is used to treat several pains and aches, which are caused due to a stone in your kidney. It also helps in healing the twitches and spasm of the heart or the stomach.
Composition – Drotaverine Hydrochloride 80 mg
Drotin DS uses and benefits
There are a lot of benefits and uses of Drotin DS. Some of them have been listed below:
1. Pain relieving
This medicine helps in providing assistance from pain in general, which is moderate, like headaches, body aches, etc.
2. Helps during labor
The medicine tends to alleviate the pain during labor which is caused due to cervical spasm.
It helps during several conditions, and one of them is helping in treating irritable bowel movements.
4. Prevents pain in calculi
The medicine helps in treating renal calculi pain which is the kidney stone pain and also helps in treating the pain in gall bladder caused due to the same reason
5. Treats chest pain
It helps in treating the pain in the chest. However, this may depend on the cause of the pain.
6. Relieves menstrual pain
It helps in the time of menstrual cramps and helps in preventing them or calming them down.
You Might Also Like – Dolo 650 Tablet: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage & Price
Side effects of Drotin DS
- Flushing or skin reddening
- Sleep disorders
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Dry mouth
- Allergic dermatitis
- Swelling of hands, feet, and maybe face also
- Loss of appetite
- Irregularity in rhythm of the heart
Alternatives to Drotin
1. Drovera 80mg tablet:
Manufactured by – Svizera Healthcare
Price – Rs. 55
2. Drotamet 80mg tablet:
Manufactured by – Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd.
Price – Rs. 59.62
3. Isoverin 80mg tablet:
Manufactured by – Man Cop Remedies.
Price – Rs. 37.15
- Get a dosage of the medicine from your physician so as to avoid any kind of side effects. The dosage is usually decided on various perspectives inclusive of your physicality, health condition, and mental stability.
- The standard dosage for an adult is around 40 to 80 milligrams tablets.
- Don’t take the medicine more than thrice in a day as it can be considered as a situation of overdose.
How to take Drotin DS?
- Make sure to go through the product instructions that are present in the packaging.
- If you take tablet as it is, then intake it in one go with water.
- If you take it in the form of syrup then consume it after you have had something to eat.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- You can also use the measurement cap to measure the dosage for an accurate medication consumption.
When not to consume Drotin DS?
- If you are allergic to any of its ingredients or the tablet as a whole.
- Have a genetic disorder.
- If you are suffering from heart problems and issues.
- If you are a bedridden patient.
- Have had pre-surgical cases.
- If you have a kidney or liver impairment.
- Do not consume more than three tablets in a day.
- Avoid taking any other kind of drug or alcohol during the time you are on the course of this medicine.
- Do not consume this medicine with alcohol.
- There should be proper interval time between two dosages of the medication.
- Don’t consume this medication for a very long time.
- Do not alter the dose according to your own will
- Always make sure that you get a proper dosage from a doctor
- If you are a patient with heart history, consult your doctor before consumption
- Store the medicine away from direct light and heat.
- The temperature must not be more than 30 degrees Celsius
- Do not freeze the suspension Drotin DS
Drotin DS Price, Manufacturer & Shelf Life
It will costs you Rs 139.51 for 15 tablets. It is manufactured by Walter Bushnell. Its shelf life is 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Frequently Asked Questions about Drotin DS
Drotin DS takes a few hours at the most to show effect after consumption.
Drowsiness and sleepiness may be observed in some cases. However, it varies for every individual.
Yes, Drotin DS is legal in India.
Yes, a prescription is mandatory for you if you wish to buy Drotin DS.
If you a prescribed dose, then you must never miss it. If you miss it, then it should be consumed as soon as possible. However, the time interval should be maintained for next dose.
Acute overdose may cause vomiting, decreased blood pressure, increased heart rate, and nausea. For a severe overdose, contact your doctor immediately.