Suffering from anemia or deficiency of vitamin B12? Dexorange may be beneficial for you. Dexorange is an oral supplement that contains vitamins B12 and folic acid, the two most important elements that help in the production of red blood cells. This is the reason why Dexorange is effective in treating anemia.
Manufactured by Franco-India Pharmaceuticals Ltd., this supplement is available in a packaging of 200ml per bottle. It restores iron deficiency by providing iron in the form of ferric ammonium citrate.
Table of Contents
How does Dexorange work?
The syrup Dexorange not only improves the condition of existing blood cells in the body but also produces new and healthy blood cells, platelets and also nerve cells. That’s not all. Dexorange also catalyses the vitamin consumption rejection in one’s body.
Now that we know what Dexorange is, let us take you through the uses of this syrup.
Composition of Dexorange Syrup
Now, we will let you know about the composition of this syrup. Every 15ml of this syrup has the following:
- Ferric Ammonium Citrate (equivalent to elemental iron 32.8mg) – 160mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) – 7.5mcg
- Folic acid – 0.5mg
- Alcohol (95%) – 0.87ml
Dexorange syrup is beneficial for treatment & prevention of the following:
- Treats iron deficiency which may happen due to insufficient intake of iron or if a person suffers from excessive loss of blood.
- Loss of appetite that results in low levels of iron.
- Is effective for treating for Megaloblastic anemia that may happen because of the deficiency of folic acid and Vitamin B12.
- Anemia that occurs during pregnancy and lactation.
- General weakness & weakness that occurs post-surgery.
- Helps in building immunity.
When & How to Take Dexorange?
- The dose of this syrup is based on the age and medical problem of the patient. Thus, the duration and dosage should be taken only after consultation with a doctor.
- It is advised that the syrup should be taken at a fixed time which could be before food or after food as advised by your doctor.
- You must keep a proper time gap between two doses per day.
- Please make sure that you shake the bottle well before you use it.
Dexorange and its Side Effects
Deoxrange may have side effects, but they may not occur in all the patients.
- Dark colored stool
- Itchy rashes on the skin
- If there are any other side effects like fever, short breathiness, swelling of face, throat or lips, or rashes on skin etc., it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
Some common questions about Dexorange Syrup
Can Dexorange syrup be taken after consuming alcohol?
It is recommended not to consume alcohol when you are administering Dexorange. This is because it my upsurge the risk of side effects such as calmness or drowsiness. Also, you must consult your doctor before you plan to consume alcohol.
Can pregnant women consume alcohol?
Dexorange has not shown to have any side effects on pregnant females and thus can be consumed by them. However, you must consult your doctor before using and kind of medicine or syrup during your pregnancy.
It Dexorange safe for breastfeeding mothers?
Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding and take the dose only as prescribed by your doctor.
Is it safe to drive after taking Dexorange?
It is safe to drive after consuming Dexorange syrup. However, in some cases, patients may feel symptoms of headache or dizziness after consuming Dexorange and thus during such a case, you may not drive a vehicle after taking the dose of the medicine.
Is syrup Dexorange Addictive?
No such impact has been reported for Dexorange syrup. You must however not become dependent on syrup.
What happens if I take an overdose of Dexorange?
The dosage of syrup Dexorange should be taken only as prescribed by your doctor. Over-dose may result in side effects (as mentioned above) and one would need medical attention on immediate basis.
How to store syrup Dexorange?
– You must store Dexornge at room temperature and should be kept away from heat and direct Sunlight.
– Do not keep the medicine in the freezer.
– Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
Dexorange Syrup Precautions
Dexorange syrup should not be used:
- By people suffering from liver diseases
- By people who have renal dysfunction
- By people who are allergic to any of the components present in Dexorange Syrup
- If the medicine is expired
- More than as prescribed by your doctor
Syrup Dexoraange is proven to be beneficial in treating anemia, but one must always consult a medical practitioner before you start to take syrup Dexorange. Also, one must take the syrup as prescribed by the doctor so as to avoid all the side effects of the syrup. You must inform your doctor if you experience any issues after taking the medicine.