A women’s body goes through an array of changes, especially after the delivery. All the changes lead to many health problems like Anorexia, postpartum depression, fatigue, and many others to name, the only solution to all these problems is Dashmularishta. The ayurvedic syrup is packed with many herbs that help to treat all the health problems. Owing to its properties and benefits, Dashmularishta is no less than tonic for women. Females can also consume it to get rid of menstrual cramps and during menopause as well. Before beginning the consumption do consult your doctor. Read more to know the uses, benefits, dosage, and side effects of Dashmularishta.
Composition – Bilva root (golden apple tree), Agnimantha root, Shyonaka root, Patala root, Kashmari/Gambhari root, Brihati root, Kantakari root, Shalaparni root, Prishnaparni root, Chitrak, Pushkaramula, Lodhra, Giloy/Guduchi, Amla (Indian Gooseberry), Dhamasa/Duralabha, Khadira, Vijayasar, Hareetki, Kuth/Kushta, Manjishta, Deodar, Vidanga (False Black Pepper), Mulethi (Yashtimadhu) – Licorice, Bharangi, Kaith/katha/Kapitha, Bhibitaki (behra), Punarnava, Chavya, Jatamansi, Priyangu, Sariva, Kala jeera (black cumin), Trivrit, Nirgundi, Rasna, Pippali (long pepper), Puga (Betel nut), Shati, Haldi (Turmeric), Saunf (Fennel Seeds), Padmaka, Nagkesar, Mustak (Nut grass), Indrayava, kakar singhi/ Karkatashringi, Jivaka, Rishabhaka, Meda, Shatavari, Ashwangandha, Zimikand, Draksha (Raisins), Dhataki, Kabab-chini/Kankola (Cubeb pepper), Jala, Chandan, Jatiphala (nutmeg), Laung (Clove), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Ela (cardamom), Tejpatta, Nirmali/KatakaPhal
Manufacturers – Dabur, Patanjali Ayurved, Baidynath and Baljiwan
Forms – Syrup
Types – Ayurvedic Medicine
Dashmularishta Uses and Benefits
Dashmularishta has the following health and beauty benefits:
- Improves appetite – Dashmularishta is a digestive stimulant that helps to increase the appetite of nursing women. It also aids in treating health problems related to digestion amongst new mothers.
- Treats Postpartum Fever – This Ayurvedic medicine has antipyretic properties that help to eliminate the fever among new mothers. The Postpartum fever could be low or high grade. Dashmularishta helps to curb symptoms related to both types of fever.
- Improves Digestion – Post-delivery many women suffer from digestive problems that include IBS and diarrhea, It can be treated with the regular consumption of Dashmularishta.
- Boost Physical Strength- This ayurvedic medicine comprises of multiple herbs that offer vitality and improves the physical strength of the women after the delivery. It also helps in eliminating postpartum pain.
- Improves Immune System – Dashmularishta has certain compounds that help to strengthen immunity amongst nursing women. It is also a rich source of antioxidants that adds to the benefit.
- Reduces Back Pain – Most women experience backache and stiffness after the delivery. Dashmularishta has pain-relieving properties that help to eliminate backache and related problems.
- Lowers Postpartum Fatigue – Dashmularishta improves metabolism amongst lactating women. It is packed with minerals, vitamins, and essential nutrients for the body, which further helps to improve digestion, fatigue, and weakness.
- Cures Mental Stress- This ayurvedic tonic helps to di-stress women. It works as a rejuvenator and improves the mental health of nursing women. The herbs present in the Dashmularishta provide psychological relief after the delivery.
- Improves Skin Texture – This tonic has antioxidants that remove all the toxins from the body and brings back the natural glow. It also helps in treating common health problems like acne, dark spots, and dark circles.
You may also like: Amritarishta: Benefits, Uses, Dosage & FAQs
Medicinal Properties of Dashmularishta
- Hematogenic (helps in the formation of red blood cells)
- Mild natural Analgesic
- Muscle relaxant
- Mild anthelmintic
- Digestive Stimulant
- Haematinic (increases hemoglobin levels)
Therapeutic Uses of Dashmularishta
Dashmularishta can be consumed to treat the following health problems:
- Menstrual cramps
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Uterus sluggishness
- Perineal pain
- Swollen breasts
- Prevent uterine infections and Postpartum complications
- Postpartum depression, appetite loss, and fatigue
- Anemia after pregnancy
- Muscle spasm
- Low backache
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Persistent cough
- Male infertility due to pus in seminal fluid
- Improves milk production among new mothers.
Dashmularishta Dosage in a Day
Post-delivery, women can consume 15 ml of Dashmularishta two times a day. The dosage can be increased, depending on the health problems of lactating women. However, do consult your doctor before consuming this tonic.
*Consume it along with the water.
Dashmularishta Side Effects
Though Dashmularishtha is an Ayurvedic medicine, however, due to its high dosage, it can lead to some of the following common side effects:
- Mouth ulcers
- Excessive thirst
- Burning sensations in the abdominal region
Dashmularishta Interactions with Other Drugs
This Ayurvedic medicine may interact with the following drugs:
- Anti-Platelet Drugs
- Anti-Platelet Drugs
- Ascorbic Acid
Precautions and Warnings
- Always keep Dashmularishta at room temperature.
- Make sure it is not exposed to the sun or heat.
- It should be kept away from kids’ access.
- It should be consumed with water.
- If you have any of the side effects, do consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Dashmularishta is an ayurvedic medicine that comprises numerous herbs. The tonic helps to treat many health problems that women face after the delivery of the baby. It is widely available on online shopping portals; however, do consult your doctor before consuming Dashmularishta
Dashmularishta is an ayurvedic medicine that helps to treat multiple health problems like postpartum Anorexia, fatigue, and menstrual cramps.
Yes, it has 3-7% of alcohol. The alcohol is prepared during the fermentation process of the herbs.