Jio telecom service is known for its discounted recharge plans and packs. So if you are a Jio Postpaid user, you would feel restricted to use the benefits. In this case, you can comfortably convert Jio Postpaid to Prepaid number.
In this blog, we have provided detailed information about postpaid to prepaid Jio conversion. So go ahead and read.
Methods to Change Jio Postpaid to Prepaid
If you wonder how to convert Jio postpaid number to prepaid number, then the answer is here. We will go into detail to know all the methods. There are three methods to do that:
- By sending SMS
- Visiting Jio Store
- By visiting the Jio website
Method 1- Convert Jio Postpaid to Prepaid Using SMS
The easy way to raise the request for converting Postpaid to Prepaid is by sending an SMS. Follow the steps to start the process.
- Go to your message box and start a new conversation.
- Type PORT <10-digit Jio Postpaid number>
- Send the SMS to 1900 USSD for porting.
Further, you will receive a UPC (Unique Porting Code), which is essential for the next process. Now locate the nearest Jio store or Reliance digital and produce the KYC verification code using your Aadhar card number. And the customer care executive will convert Jio postpaid to prepaid number.
Method 2- Visit the Store for Jio Postpaid to Prepaid Convert
To change your Jio postpaid SIM to prepaid, you can follow this method as well. Go through the steps below:
- Locate the nearest Jio store.
- Visit the store, along with your verification documents. A detailed list of documents is given in the next section.
- The Jio Customer Care executive will give you the migration form to fill in.
- It will take 1 hour to transfer Jio prepaid to postpaid number. Meanwhile, the number will be deactivated.
- You will receive a call from IVR for verification.
- Now you are ready to use your Jio prepaid number.
- You can also Check the Jio number post the migration.
Method 3- Visit the Website for Jio Number Conversion
If you cannot visit the store, you can change Jio postpaid to prepaid online by visiting the Jio website. Follow the steps given below:
- Visit the website of Reliance Jio.
- Choose to port your Jio number.
- Select the plans and packs you wish to recharge your new prepaid number.
- Share your present postpaid number.
- You will get the verification OTP.
- After verification, your number will be changed to prepaid.
Thus, in this way, one can convert Jio postpaid to prepaid through an online medium.
Documents Required for SIM Migration:
You are required to produce a valid document for identity and address proof. Therefore, carry the following mentioned documents with you:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Postpaid Bill receipt
- Two passport-size photographs
Advantages of Jio Prepaid Number
There are many advantages to use Jio Prepaid over Postpaid. If you are unsure whether you should change Jio postpaid to prepaid or not, we are here to help. The following are some of the advantages of using Jio Prepaid. You might consider going through the benefits to making the decision.
- You can change your recharge plans or Jio Net Packs as suitable.
- No need to worry about the monthly payment as here you pay first and then use it.
- It is always easy to recharge prepaid using any recharge or UPI apps.
- You can choose to form long-term plans or short-term daily Jio plans.
- There are 12 recharge options for prepaid users, while postpaid users have only 5 postpaid plan options.
Disadvantages Jio Prepaid Number
If you have known the benefits, you should know the disadvantages of the prepaid as well. The following are the thing you might miss:
- You would no longer have a free OTT platform subscription.
- In case of emergency, you cannot make any calls if your plan has been exhausted.
Yet, if you have faced any issues using the network, you can contact Jio Customer Care for postpaid or Prepaid.
The choice of Jio prepaid or postpaid connection is the choice of the individual. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, analyze your need and then pick the type of SIM you require. If you are convinced that you want to convert Jio postpaid to prepaid, this blog will help you. In this blog, we have given all the steps and methods you can use in this conversion.
There are three ways you can convert Jio Postpaid to Prepaid. You can visit the Jio store, visit the website, or by sending a message. In this blog, we have mentioned all these methods in detail.
It depends on an individual’s number usage and the requirement to decide what is better for them.