Beard is viewed as an insignia of manliness and men are passionate about growing and maintaining their beard. Beard also have an impact on your health.
No, it’s not a joke! According to a research done at the University of Southern Queensland, 95% of sun’s UV rays are blocked by beards. Not just that, growing beard can help men increase their self-confidence. Another survey conducted by Braun shows that most men in New York City who have beard or moustaches feel more attractive. It is also believed that sex appeal of guys with beard just hits the roof.
A Beard is a gift you give your face
Thus, is it very important to take good care of your beard and, none can ignore the benefits of castor oil for beard growth. Castor oil is source of mono saturated fatty acids. It penetrates into the hair follicles and provides your hair with all the essential nutrients, making your beard long & thick.
Table of Contents
Who all should use Castor Oil for Beard?
If you are looking for a solution for any of these problems, Castor oil is the magic word for you.
- Slow beard growth? Need to increase the rate at which your beard grows
- Looking to grow a beard or have faint beard
- Control hair falling from your beard
- Wanting to thicken the beard
- Nourish your dry and unkempt beard
Before we take you ahead and let you know the benefits of Castor oil, first let us know what is Castor oil.
About Castor Oil
It is a pale yellow oil extracted from (Ricinus Communis) or Castor seeds. It has anti-inflammatory properties & is rich in anti-oxidants and thus is used for several therapeutic purposes as well. Castor oil also strengthens our immune system. In addition to being used for hair care, Castor oil is also a great remedy for Parkinson’s Disease, Migraines, Menstrual disorder, Constipation, Sun burn, Arthritis, Cerebral Palsy, Acne & more.
Now, that we know what is Castor oil, let’s move a step ahead and take you through some of the benefits of using castor oil for beard:
How is Castor Oil Useful?
- Castor oil makes your beard thicker & stronger
- Vitamin E in Castor oil helps your beard grow faster
- Castor oil has antifungal & antibacterial properties and thus helps you any fungal infection, rashes or acne on your face
- Castor oil conditions your beard hair and makes them look less frizzy
- Castor oil fills up the bald stops on your face
- It adds lustre to your beard hair
- Use of castor oil also prevents dandruff
Amazed, aren’t you? Castor oil if used properly and in combination with sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil can give amazing results to you.
Which Oil to Use?
Make sure you go in for 100% organic, hexane-free Castor oil on your beard.
Facts to Keep in Mind while Using Castor Oil
- Make sure the oil you buy is fresh. Try not to use refined Castor oil
- Castor oil, like any other oil has a tendency to leave stain. Thus, you may use old clothes and sheets so as to avoid spoiling them.
- Not too much into oiling, apply the Castor oil only on the tips of your beard.
Steps to Use Castor Oil
- Begin with washing your face with some mild face wash using warm water. This helps in opening up your pores and removing all sorts of dust & impurities from your skin. Make sure that you do not use hot water as it may cause burns & rashes on your skin. Also, people looking to thicken their beards, must avoid hot water.
- To retain the moisture on your skin, pat your face dry. Do not use a towel.
- Now, take a few drops of castor oil on your palm and rub your palms to spread the oil evenly.
- Gently massage the oil onto your beard in circular motion. Make sure that while massaging you push your cheeks up. Do not do the downward movement. Keep massaging your face for 3 to 5 minutes. This will help you stimulate your hair follicles.
- Those of you who already have a beard, massage some oil along the length as well. Do not apply to much of force. Leave the oil overnight.
- Next morning, wash your face with cold water and a mild cleaner. Again, pat dry your face.
- For best results, repeat it every night.
Also Read: Grooming Tips for Men
Thus, we see that Castor oil is most suitable for promoting hair growth and thickening your beard. If used properly, Castor oil repairs your skin cells, stimulate your cuticles, and thereby promote beard growth. So, all you machos out there, try out Castor oil and make heads turn towards you with that classy beard.