Do you have sleepless nights due to indigestion, constipation, or diarrhea? Stop Worrying! Bifilac comes to your rescue. Bifilac helps in preventing gas and diarrhea caused in kids, babies, and adults.
What is Bifilac?
Bifilac is an anti-diarrheal medicine that is used for curing problems like irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, and bacterial infections in children. Bifilacis in Bifilac is a probiotic, and the live bacteria which is known to be a dietary supplement.
Bifilac Forms: Capsule, Lozenges, Sachets & Syrup
Lactobacillus Sporogenes – 50 Million Spores
Streptococcus Faecalis – 30 Million Spores
Clostridium Butyricum – 2 Million Spores
Bacillus Mesentericus – 1 Million Spores
You can take Bifilac in any form, as prescribed by your physician.
How Does Bifilac Work?
Bifilac improves the overall working and immunity of the digestive system. Let us now explain to you in detail how Bifilac work?
- Bifilac contains probiotics, which are live microorganisms, also known as ‘good bacteria’. When these ‘good bacteria’ are taken orally, they help in changing the balance of microbes or flora in the intestine.
- Bifilac capsules works when bad bacteria or pathogens outgrow the good bacteria and cause illness in our body. It increases the balance of good bacteria in our gut, which fights back the overgrown pathogen that causes illness in our body.
- The good bacteria fights back with the bad bacteria and prevents several diseases.
Interactions of Bifilac
Interaction means the effect of two parallel drugs on the human body when taken together. Some medicines interact with tobacco or alcohol, while Bifilac tablets are known to have an adverse effect on Antibiotic drugs & Immunosuppressants.
Uses of Bifilac
Bifilac is most commonly used for treating problems like:
- Immunity building
- Gastrointestinal disorders like colitis, gastroenteritis.
- Constipation & Indigestion
- Issues related to Lactose intolerance
- Irritable bowel syndrome & Inflammatory bowel disease
- Reduction of serum cholesterol
Bifilac Capsules are beneficial in treating Bacterial Infection too. It kills bad bacteria and helps in growing good bacteria in the body.
What happens if a dose of Bifilac is missed?
For best results, it is advised that the medicine should be taken as prescribed by your medical practitioner. The Bifilac tablets may not have a good impact if the dose is missed. For an effective result, a certain amount of drug needs to be present in your body at all times. Even if you miss a dose, do not ever take a double dose.
You Might Also Like –Becosules Capsule Benefits, Composition & Side Effects
Bifilac Dosage – How to Take it?
Do not chew the tablet. Make sure to swallow the entire tablet at one go. Take the dosage as suggested by a doctor. More instruction on Bifilac below:
- Dosage or form of Bifilac depends upon the severity of the ailment and age of the patient, as prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Bifilac is generally taken with food, (for those who get an upset stomach after taking medicine), or immediately after food
- Bifilac capsules should be swallowed as a whole; do not crush or chew it.
- Keep a proper gap between two dosages.
- Do not consume the medicine for long without a doctor’s prescription.
- In case you do not see any improvement, it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Some people might experience headaches, drowsiness, or dizziness after taking Bifilac capsules. To avoid such problems do nit drive after consuming the medicine.
- Bifilac should not be consumed with alcohol. If consumed with alcohol may increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness and headache.
Bifilac – General Warning
The following points need to be kept in mind while taking Bifilac. One should not consume in the following cases:
- If a person is allergic to any of the components present in Bifilac.
- Bifilac should not be taken by people suffering from any liver disease.
- People suffering from kidney diseases.
- Pregnant women or breastfeeding women – they need to consult their doctors before consuming Bifilac.
- Women must consult their gynecologist if they are having menstrual cramps, period bleeding, abdominal pain before using the medicine.
- People who are intolerant to this medicine.
- Do consult a pediatrician before giving Bifilac to infants.
- Make sure that you tell your doctor about all your diseases and medications that you are on before taking Bifilac.
- Fluid items, sustenances, powders, or chewable tablets may contain sugar as well as aspartame. If you have diabetes, phenylketonuria (PKU), or any other problem, do consult with your doctor before starting the Bifilac tablets.
- Always check the expiry date on the package before buying the medicine.
Side Effects of Bifilac?
Some of the side effects of Bifilac include:
- Abdominal pain
- Rashes on skin
- Nausea or dizziness
- Acute toxicity
In case you experience any such symptom, you must consult a doctor at once.
You Might Also Like – A to Z of Ashwagandha – Benefits, Use, Dosage & Side Effects
How to Store Bifilac Capsules
- Always store the medicine at room temperature. Make sure you keep it away from direct light (unless mentioned in the package otherwise).
- Keep the medicine away from children.
No, Bifilac is not antibiotic. It is a probiotic that encourages good bacteria growth in the human body.
You can mix the sachets in water to give to babies.
You can mix Bifilac sachets in water for the best results.
Yes, it encourages the growth of good bacteria that fights back with harmful bacteria and prevent health problems.
Bifilac is used to treat diarrhea and indigestion.
Yes, it can be given to breastfeeding mothers.
Yes, because antibiotics generally kill good bacteria.
Yes, Bifilac helps to treat all forms of diarrhoea.
Consult your physician for appropriate dose and intake.
Yes, Bifilac syrup is safe for five months old baby.
Yes, you can mix it water and have it after your meal.
Consult your doctor before the intake of the medicine.
Bifilac should be consumed when necessary and with caution, especially during pregnancy.
Yes, it might cause constipation.
An adult can take Bifilac 1-2 times a day. There should be 4-6 hours between both the doses.
It takes a couple of hours to a few days for the complete treatment.
Yes, it is readily available at the medical stores.
Thus, we see that Bifilac is an effective medicine that is used for treating diarrhea, constipation, and indigestion in children.
Disclaimer – The above information is based on the detailed research. Please consult the physician before its intake.