The power supply situation in India is not something you can boost. There are frequent load shedding and unannounced power cuts. If you live in the capitals, you might experience 1- 4 hours blackouts, and if you reside near the rural area, the power cut can easily range from 6-8 hours. In such a power supply scenario, an inverter is the best power back up source to invest. The use of home inverters is on the rise as people see the benefits of this small device. If you go for purchasing inverters, you will have hundreds of products to go through. It would be so difficult to read the reviews among so many products. Therefore, here we have brought the list of 10 best inverters in India 2020. Let’s make you aware of specific features, pros & cons, and comparison reviews of the top 10 inverters. We have wrapped all these information to ease your selection process. You will not doubt while deciding on the right inverter model for you.
Best Inverters in India Home with prices and features 2020
|Luminous Zolt 1100 Sine Wave Home UPS Inverter||Faster charging Extra Protection with MCB Safety AlarmsBypass SwitchEco/UPS Mode||756W/ 900 VA||₹ 4,892|
|Microtek UPS EB 800 VA UPS Inverter||Intelli Power Saving TechnologyAuto RestartCircuit Breaker||588 W/700 VA||₹ 3,599|
|V-Guard Prime Home Digital-UPS Inverter||High-Performance Selection SwitchBattery Topping ReminderReliable protection for your appliancesBattery Gravity Builder||800W/ 1000VA||₹ 5,798|
|Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sinewave Inverter||MicrocontrollerNoiselessProtection mode Electronic protection circuit||760 W/ 950 VA||₹ 5,100|
|Luminous Zelio +1100 Pure Sinewave Inverter UPS||Noiseless OperationsExtra Protection with MCB Safety AlarmsBypass SwitchEco/UPS Mode||756 W/900 VA||₹ 5,217|
|Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter||Eco friendlyHybrid solar inverterSmart LED indicationLow battery signal||1000VA (1000/12V)||₹ 4,900|
|Exide 850 VA Home UPS + 150 Ah Battery||Maintenance Free Tubular BatteryShort Circuit TripElectrolyte Level Sensor IndicatorOccupies Less Floor Space||580 W/850VA||₹ 20,500 (with battery)|
|Microtek UPS with Hybrid Sine Wave Inverter||Hybrid Technology for NoiselessBattery ChargingCurrent Selection SwitchIn-Built Bypass Switch Intelli Battery Gravity Management Technology||760 W/950 VA||₹ 3,995|
|Amaron Hi-Life Pro 900 VA Pure Sine Wave Home UPS Inverters||Visual IndicatorsOverload Alarm Short Circuit ProtectionConsumes Less Energy||900 VA||₹ 6,400|
|Apc 850va Home Inverter||short circuit protectionChild safeshockproofExtended Battery Life||500 W/850 VA||₹ 5,800|
Top 10 Inverters in India:
1. Luminous Zolt 1100 Sine Wave Home UPS Inverter
Founded in 1988, Luminous Power Technologies is a well-known Indian company with some of the best inverters. Luminous 1100 Sine Wave inverter is one of the most sold inverters. It has a dual-mode that is Eco/UPS. The UPS provides safety to other home appliances or gadgets like computers, microwaves, and others, while the Eco mode voltage range is extended and reduces battery usage.
One of the benefits of buying is inverter is that it has an in-built safety alarm that would warn you in times of short circuits, overcharging, and low battery.
- This inverter is designed with Sinewave Technology that helps to protect sensitive electronics.
- It has features an LCD that displays battery type, charging time, Eco/UPS mode, backup time, and battery level indicator.
- It comes with MCB protection that helps in short-circuits, against appliances during the power fluctuation.
- It alarms the members when there is a significant problem like a short circuit, low battery, wrong wiring, and overloading.
- This inverter comes with a Bypass switch that allows you to directly power supply main to the household during any fault that, too, without changing the wiring.
|Pure Sinewave inverter||This is ideal for using heavy electrical appliances|
|UPS mode available||Does not have an automatic bypass switch|
|LCD monitor to indicate charge levels|
2. Microtek UPS EB 800 VA UPS Inverter
Microtek International Private Limited is one of the leading brands for inverters. The company is certified with ISO 9001- 2008 and ISO 14001: 2015. The microcontroller of the inverter has an intelligent control design. You can easily switch from mains and UPS to mains without any problem. This inverter is capable of handling the load maximum of 5 fans, lights, and two televisions. In addition to this, this inverter is available with short circuit protection and smart overload sense. It also has a 12V single battery and Auto-reset feature.
- It is crafted with square wave technology. This technology supports motors. Thus it is an ideal inverter for the household that has motors.
- The entire inverter is made of metal.
- It has a Micro-controller based intelligent design.
- It offers protection from the short circuit.
- It also protects against deep discharge, overload, and reverse.
|Long Switchover time|
|Quicker charging||Connects to only one battery|
|Excellent battery management||No LCD panel for status display|
3. V-Guard Prime Home Digital-UPS Inverter
Next in the list of best inverters in India is this V-Guard Home Digital-UPS Inverter. V-Guard is yet another reputed brand that you can consider while buying an inverter for home. This inverter is equipped with battery water topping reminder, UPS mode, battery gravity builder, and high-performance switch. In addition to this, the inverter is compatible with 80 to 230 AH battery range. It allows you to run your television, fan, inverter refrigerator, mixer, grinder, kitchen chimney, and room cooler.
- V-Guard inverter consumes less power and is best for electrical equipment.
- It takes 8-10 hours to charge.
- The operating temperature of this inverter is between 0 degrees to 45 degrees C.
- It weighs 9.5kg.
- It has a display that shows the status of the UPS modem charging and water level.
- It comes with the gravity builder that enhances the lifetime of the battery.
- The user can even keep the buzzer option on mute.
|Good back up||No MCB|
|Dual Mode battery (As Inverter or UPS)||Connects to only one battery|
|Allows three battery types||No LCD panel for status display|
|2 Years warranty|
4. Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sinewave Inverter
Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 VA is one of India’s best inverters that one can consider to buy in 2020. It is a reliable and robust product from the known brand-Microtek. This is the best Sine wave inverter, which comes with 15 millisecond UPS to main transfer time and can take the load of 1800 W- which would be enough to power your home. It features a Digital Signal controller based intelligent control design that automatically switches mains to UPS during the power cut. Because of the rate, people are purchasing this inverter, and you can mark it best inverter for the home in India 2020.
- It is a Pure Sine Wave UPS and can take the load up to 880 W.
- It prevents overcharging of batteries along with the electronic protection circuit.
- On using the right side of the battery, the inverter can run lights, fans, computers, and washing machines.
- It uses Smart Overload sense to prevent short circuits.
- It has an input voltage range between 100v to 300v.
|Adequate protection||No MCB|
|Pure Sinewave inverter||Long Switchover time|
|Excellent facilities like LCD indicators||Manual bypass switch|
5. Luminous Zelio +1100 Pure Sinewave Inverter UPS
This inverter is suitable for every Indian household as it comes with the 32 bit DSP processor that manages the battery and optimizes the battery charge. The USP of this inverter is that it can protect all the appliances. This inverter features MCB that protects from short circuit and overload.
The UPS mode in the inverter battery maintains the output voltage because of which the energy consumption increases. However, the Eco mode avoids it.
It has a charging current of 15 AMPS and supports all types of batteries. In addition to this, it also has an LCD that displays information about the water level and back up. Also, it does not make much noise. This is so loaded with features that make it fit for the list of 10 best inverters in India.
- It features an LCD that shows all the relevant information related to the battery.
- Since it is Sinewave, it protects all the appliances.
- This inverter features intelligent home USP, which can calculate charging time and backup.
- It features both USP and Eco mode that can reduce the electricity bill.
- The UPS mode provides safety during the voltage fluctuations.
|Excellent safety features||Overheats|
|It works well with almost all household devices||Manual bypass switch|
|Bare the load of heavy electrical appliances like air coolers, mixers, and grinders|
6. Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va Sine Wave Inverter
Su-Kam Falcon Eco 1000Va is an affordable and stylish inverter that comes with a single battery. This sine wave inverter and double up as an off-grid solar system as well. It can charge batteries by using solar and power grid. This hybrid inverter has features of both UPS and inverter. It is the best choice for the areas where there is a problem with electricity fluctuation or Volga is generally low. However, you would have to buy the battery separately for this inverter. This is the best solar inverter in India.
- It comes with 12 months warranty.
- Its Eco Mode charges during the low voltage as well.
- This inverter comes with 6 stage battery technology that increases the charging efficiency of batteries.
|Runs various home appliances||Manual bypass switch|
|Capacity 1000 VA|
|Patented technology to control the battery charging process|
7. Exide 850 VA Home UPS with 150 Ah Battery (Combo)
Exide Industries is an Indian company which deals with the best storage batteries for industrial and home usage. The Exide 850 VA Home UPS comes with incredible advantages ideal for you. It requires low maintenance and attention as it is packed with Auto Sense Intelligent Technology, and the gelled electrolyte is spill-proof. These features make it ideal for older people, office goers, and when you need to stay away from the house for months. The fully charged battery is suitable for running TV, fan, lights, mixer, computer, etc. The switchover time from UPS is rapid. This inverter gives a 48-month warranty. This particular combo of inverter and best 150h tubular battery for home saves your money. This is one of the best inverters in India with a battery combination for home.
- The UPS-battery combo requires the least maintenance.
- In the overload of current, the short circuit trips and saves the life of UPS.
- The LED sensor indicator displays the electrolyte level.
- The design of the UPS-Battery combo makes it occupy lesser space on the floor.
|It is expensive|
|Excellent battery management|
|Excellent safety features|
8. Microtek UPS Hybrid Sinewave 950 VA Inverter
This Microtek UPS 950 VA capacity inverter is perfect for the needs of any Indian home. You can easily switch on fans, computers, TV and a few lights. It bears the load of mild appliances like mixer, grinder, etc. Yet you have to be careful that you don’t put much load on the inverter. The Mictroteck 950VA sinewave inverter is noiseless and works well. The battery is uniquely built with Intelli Battery Gravity Management (IBGM) technology that ensures battery longevity. The inverter charges fast and keeps the battery in good health. The in-built bypass switch allows it to identify if any fault occurs intelligently. This inverter is ideal for running lights, fans, TV, mild kitchen appliances, RO water purifiers, and more. All of its features have made a place for it in the list of best inverters in India.
- It is a pure sinewave inverter.
- The hybrid technology of inverter makes it noiseless.
- The battery charges fast.
- The LED displays presently selected switch mode.
- An automatic switchover from UPS to mains.
- The in-built bypass switch recognizes the faults.
- Intelli Battery Gravity Management Technology makes the battery 80% efficiency in battery mode.
|Noiseless||Long Switchover time|
|Fast charging||Connects to only one battery|
|Excellent battery management||No LCD panel|
9. Amaron Hi-Life Pro 900 VA Pure Sine Wave Home UPS Inverters
The Amaron Hi-Life Pro 900 VA is a pure Sinewave inverter. The trusted name of Amaron in the field of battery storage has gained many customers. It takes the load of many household electrical appliances like fans, lights, mixers, etc. The LCDs status of power, backup position, and alerts you of overload. The battery runs long because of its safety features like low battery signal, blown fuse alarm protection, and short circuit protection. One customer stated that he has been using this inverter for the last nine years without a single issue. The durability and longevity of Amaron inverter have convinced us to place it in the list of 10 best inverters in India. It offers a manufacturing warranty of 10 years.
- The inverter gives a stylish look.
- LCD visual indicators display the battery status and alerts.
- It indicates the overload alarm.
- The switch trips down to protect the inverter from short circuit protection.
- The battery consumes less energy.
|Works well with Amaron batteries||Absence of in-built bypass switch|
|Transformer feature to reduce power consumption|
|Brilliant load carting capacity|
|10 years warranty|
10. APC 850va Home Inverter
American Power Conversion (APC) is one of the bestselling UPS inverters all over the world. The APC inverter is a Pure Sine Wave inverter customized for the Indian electricity scenario. It gives the power backup of up to seven hours. It has the best safety features like child-safe, shockproof, and has short circuit protection. You can run TV, lights, fans, home theatre system, mild kitchen appliances, gaming devices, and more. The inverter battery charges faster as it is aided by the microprocessor to booster the charging speed. It gives the manufacturer warranty for 2 years. The specification it offers makes it one of the best inverters in India.
- It is a pure sinewave inverter.
- It is packed with safety features like child-safe, designed for restraining short circuits and shockproof.
- This inverter offers huge power backup to run multiple appliances.
- The battery has 500 Watt output on battery mode.
- There is an option to directly connect gadgets and appliances using three-pin plug holes.
- It can be used for a wide range of electronics and home appliances.
|Fast charging||Only compatible with flat or tubular batteries.|
|2 years of warranty|
Buying Guide for Best Inverter in India
Generally, buying inverters is a long term investment. Thus, you must know the parameters of selection before investing. So get ready with your pen and paper to note essential things you need to go through while buying the best inverter suitable for your needs.
- Type of Inverter
There are three types of inverters – Square Wave, Pure Sine Wave, and modified Sine Wave.
- The Square Wave Inverter
Square wave type inverter is useful for running basic appliances like light and fan; therefore, it comes at a reasonable price. The mechanism behind square wave inverter is the conversion of the direct current signal to an alternating current signal by shifting the segment.
- The Modified Sine Wave Inverter
Modified Sinewave can run more appliances than square wave inverters. The mechanism behind this type of inverter is the conversion of direct current to alternative current by taking short time gaps.
- A Pure Sine Wave Inverter
The pure or hybrid Sine wave inverter is the most advanced inverter available today. It is a complex mechanism where it converts direct current to alternating current and produces power even better than home electricity. It is technologically advanced to protect delicate electrical appliances and runs the load of heavy appliances like inductions, air conditioners, home theatres, and washing machines.
Now that we’ve discussed different types, let us now move on to the next important things you should consider before buying an inverter.
Power Requirement of your house
While selecting the best inverters in India, carefully consider the requirement of power at your end. This means to evaluate the appliances carefully, and you will connect with the inverter. If you have no clue how to do that, add the power ratings indicated on various appliances. For instance, you can use light (100W), Microwave (600W), and Vacuum Cleaner (200W), which together demands 900 W. So, with this in mind, go for the inverter that can ensure 900 watts or more power.
Capacity of Inverter
The inverter’s capacity means the number of devices it can and how many hours it can provide the power back up. Larger the capacity of the inverter, the higher number of the appliance will get power back up. This parameter helps us to determine the best inverters in India.
Size of the Battery
The battery is an essential part of the inverter. It stores the electricity for the backup. If you want back up for long hours, go for larger capacity. Batteries are measured in Ampere Hours (Ah). Commonly at home, 150Ah battery is used.
Other Buying Guide
There are few other parameters to check the best inverters in India.:
- Bypass switch – For various reasons, the inverter can get overload, or the fuse might blow, this can directly impact the functioning of the inverter, and this is where Bypass switch comes handy. It allows the users to bypass the regular operation of the inverter. It also allows you to remove the connection of the inverter with the mains without any interruptions.
- House wiring – Before purchasing the inverter, check the wiring of your home. It should facilitate the back up to the entire appliance that you want.
- Earthing and Other Problems – Make sure your house has proper earthing facilities. It will prevent short circuits and other significant problems.
- Inverter Trolley – The inverter should be kept on the ground level. A trolley would be a better option for maintaining inverter and batteries safe in one place.
- Brand – It is always a good idea to consider known brands, which are listed above. They have excellent customer care support and provide a reliable product.
- Price – An inverter would cost you between ₹ 2000 to ₹ 5000. Compare all the inverter features with one and all and settle for the best available at the best price.
Summers calls long power cuts and what could be best than installing an inverter that could provide power. In this blog, we have curated 10 best inverters in India that are worth buying. Also, to help you have comprised a buying guide as well. All the products which we listed above are best available in the Indian market. So, it’s up to your choice in selecting among them, as per your requirement. Therefore, take care of your inverter and its batteries that they can serve you for a very long time. Let us know which inverter you preferred for your home.
FAQs related to Inverters in India
You should check your home’s power consumption and then decide on the power of the inverter you need. Generally, Indian household consumption would range between 500W-800W. You have many options on the market. Go for Luminous Zolt 1100 Sine Wave Home UPS Inverter, Microtek UPS EB 800 VA UPS Inverter, V-Guard Prime Home Digital-UPS Inverter, Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sinewave Inverter or any other which fulfills your need.
It depends on the battery power of your inverter and the rate of consumption. In India highest selling 150 Ah inverter batteries provides up to 4-5hrs of a power cut. This factor also helps you to determine the best inverters in India.
Yes, inverters consume electricity. Though an inverter provides electricity backup to the appliances in a household or an office, they consume some electricity. Smaller the size of the inverter, the energy losses will be smaller while bigger the size, more will be the energy losses.
You would need an inverter with a continuous rating of around 1500 watts. When there is a peak power cut, 3500 watts rating is required. It is always advisable to get an inverter of 20 – 25% more rating than needed.
The Tubular Battery is the best battery for your inverter, and you can purchase it from companies like Luminous, Amaron, Exide, and more.
For the usual inverter uses at home, you can get the inverter with an output capacity of 1500W, and when it peak power cut, it could give the output of 3500 W.
V-guard is one of the best inverters in India and other brands like Luminous, Microtek, Luminous, and more.
UPS is efficient for backup, while the inverter is an excellent converter of direct current to alternating current.