A feeling of frustration combined with irritation has become one of the common problems that almost every second person is going through, especially in times like Pandemic when many have lost their relatives, jobs, and what not! It’s ok to be anxious as it can motivate you at times, but if the anxiety turns into fear, it is definitely not good for the health! While some have strong willpower and can hold their emotions and divert their mind in the most fruitful ways but some are stuck with continuous thoughts that could be really harmful for the health of the mind. Personal or professional stress due thoughts of what will happen in the future, and negativity in mind can take your mental health at toss. If not treated or managed timely, it can have a strong impact on your health. A few changes in your lifestyle and diet can help you deal with problems like anxiety, stress and insomnia. In fact, you can also resort to Ayurvedic medicine to manage anxiety, stress and other problems.
What is Anxiety?
According to Ayurveda, anxiety is an imbalance of dosha where access Vata(an element that manages all the movement in the body and mind) is gathered in the nervous system. Every dosha has an effect on mental health. In order to heal anxiety, one has first to balance their dosha. Certain life changes can help to cure Anxiety. If the problem persists, you can resort to Ayurvedic medicine as these are safe and does not have harmful effects on minds and the body.
Causes linked to Anxiety.
- Chronic Pain
- Drugs or alcohol
Symptoms of Anxiety
- General discontent
- Loss of interest
- Mood Swings
- Poor appetite or overeating
- Weight gain or loss.
- Feeling tired or week
- Finding difficulty in controlling worry
List of Ayurvedic Medicines to Manage Anxiety
1. Dabur Ashwagandharishta
Dabur is one of the well-known brands in India that caters a wide range of products! Dabur Ashwagandharishta is an Ayurvedic medicine for a host of problems such as depression, anxiety and stress. It is composed of natural ingredients such as Mushali, Ashwagandha, Manjishtha, Haritaki and Nisha. These ingredients are known for treating mental and sexual disorders.
Dabur Ashwagandharishta is a syrup that improves memory, strengthens the digestive system and calm down the nerves. You can dilute it 15-30ml in an equal amount of water and take it to post the lunch.
2. Divya Ashvagandharist
Ashvagandharist is a combination of natural extracts that helps to boost the nervous system and brain. It features sedative and relaxant properties that soothe the mind and nourishes the brain. It is also believed to prevent epileptic attacks, cures weakness, sexual disorder and depression. You can rest assured about the ingredients as they do not have any kind of side effects. The syrup is supposed to be taken after meals or as suggested by the physician.
3. Cureveda Stress Shield
Cureveda Stress Shield is comprised of the Triple Action premium action that helps to regulate stress and enhance mental condition while calming the mind. It has a blend of herbs that keep the stress hormones balanced and helps to fight back with the stress. The main ingredient of this Ayurvedic medicine is Ashwagandha and Brahmi, which work together to promote mental alertness. For best results, take it for 3 months or as directed by your doctor.
4. Mentace – Brihatri
This is yet one of the best Ayurvedic medicine for anxiety and stress. It has antioxidants that remove free radicals and further help to relieve stress. These tablets are also suggested to get rid of depression, tension or anxiety neurosis. You can take two tablets of this tablet twice a day or as suggested by your doctor.
5. Maharishi Ayurveda Cardimap
Dealing with BP, anxiety or problem while sleeping? If yes, is the answer, then Maharishi Ayurveda Cardimap is the solution to your key health problems. 1-2 tablets would help you relieve all the symptoms. This is one of the promising products for anxiety and stress.
6. TrueBasics Ashwagandha
TrueBasics Ashwagandha is known to have advanced formulation. It has the bioavailable form of ashwagandha that has multiple health benefits, including improved muscle strength, sexual health, cognition, and mental health. These tablets can also assist in the management of vitality and vigour. It calms down the body and provides relief from body and mental fatigue.
7. Dr Vaidya’s Unmadvati Ayurvedic Pills
Doctor Vaidya’s, Unmadvati Ayurvedic Pills have three main herbal ingredients that are Ashwagandha, Brahmi and Shatavari. These three ingredients work together to relax your mind and body. It helps to combat sleeplessness, anxiety and hypertension. Moreover, it provides supports optimal mental health and reduces stress.
It balances stress hormones that fight back with the stress and induce peaceful sleep. These peels have no side effects and are completely safe for adults. However, do consult your doctor before taking these pills.
8. Nutrigrams Zero Stress
Nutrigrams Zero Stress are top-rated Ayurvedic capsules that help in Anxiety management. These capsules ate completely vegan and have no allergens. It has four main ingredients that are Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Jatamansi and Tagar. These tablets promise to reduce mood swings and keeps your body relaxed. On top of it, the intake of this tablet can also help in sound sleep. Plus, it increases the concentration level. You can take this tablet once a day.
9. Jiva Stress-Free Tablet
The Jiva Stress-Free tablet does what it promises to do. It helps in relieving all the symptoms related to stress and anxiety. It supports mental and physical health. Its unique formulae help the body in storing the energy so that you can remain energetic all day long. It also promotes sound sleep at night. According to some users, it does help in enhancing moods.
10. Permanent Capsule
Permanent Capsule is one of the best Ayurvedic medicines for anxiety. It has a herbal formulation that helps to burst all kinds of stress. The tablets are ideal for adults as well who find it hard to concentrate. Plus, it is suitable for people with diabetes as it helps to control the sugar level. In addition to this, it is a good source of oxidants and is an excellent anti-ageing.
Tips to Relieve Anxiety and Stress
1. Exercise regularly – Lowers the stress hormones- cortisol that further releases endorphins that elevate your mood and work like a natural painkiller. Plus, it improves the quality of sleep and promotes mental well-being.
2. Use Essential Oils – The soothing scent of essential oils can calm your nerves and reduce anxiety. You can make use of essential oils such as lavender, rose, bergamot, neroli, sandalwood, Geranium and Ylang-ylang.
3. Reduce Caffeine Intake – High quantity of caffeine can increase anxiety and stress levels. For a healthy lifestyle, it would be wise to keep a check on the number of cups of coffee you drink in a day.
4. Write Your Thoughts –While this might sound cliché, but it is one of the most effective ways to manage your stress and anxiety. Maintain a journal with all the positive thoughts that would, in a way, turn you into a positive person.
5. Spend Quality Time with Family – At times connecting with people you love or spending time with them can help you get rid of the stress and anxiety. Also, if something is lurking in your mind, you can talk to them.
6. Avoid procrastination – Another way of managing your stress is to learn the art of prioritising. Make a to-do list and give yourself realistic deadlines to follow them.
7. Practice Mindfulness – There are a number of activities like mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, stress reduction yoga and meditation, which help you to combat anxiety.
8. Listen Soft and Soothing Music –If you like listening to songs or even not, try to play good, soothing music; it will instantly uplift your mood and manage stress.
The kind of lifestyle we lead is bound to take our mental health at the toss! We need to stay calm, think wisely and should not surround ourselves with negativity. Or, According to Ayurveda, we need to work on our doshas to prevent problems like stress, anxiety etc.
Dabur Ashwagandharishta, Divya Ashvagandharist and many others listed above are some of the effective Ayurvedic medicine for anxiety and stress.
Yes, Brahmi is one of the ideal remedies for anxiety. It has been used in numerous medicines that help to treat anxiety and stress.
Yes, Ayurveda helps to manage anxiety. A couple of Ayurvedic herbs such as Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Vacha, Mandukparni and others may help reduce anxiety.