According to Bharti Airtel Limited, there are around 16.61 million Airtel Digital TV users in India in FY20. It provides various telecom services along with Airtel Direct To Home. It has 550 channels on its platform across various categories. Generally, the DTH packages are customized according to the commonly used channel plans by the users. However, it also allows the users to add channel in Airtel DTH at any point in time.
Airtel has recently introduced Airtel Xstream for its DTH and broadband. Under 360 degree campaign ‘Don’t just watch TV on your TV’, it is rapidly growing as a DTH service provider. If you are a user of this service, then you can use many other features that come along. In this blog, we have discussed different methods to add channels to Airtel digital TV.
Table of Contents
Methods to Add Channel in Airtel DTH
There are three ways to add the channels in Airtel DTH with ease. You can do it by sending an SMS, visiting the website, through the app, or calling customer care numbers. Go through the points below to follow the steps for channel addition.
1. How to add channel in Airtel DTH through SMS?
To add a new channel to your Airtel Digital TV, you can simply send an SMS to raise the same request. For this, you can go through the Airtel DTH Channel list to be sure of the channel name and number you wish to add.
Through registered mobile number:
- Type ADD <Airtel Channel No.> and send it to 54325.
Through a non-registered mobile number:
- Type Add <Channel no. Consumer ID> and send to 54325.
- Soon you will receive an OTP for verification.
- Follow the instructions to register and raise the request to add the channel.
2. How to Add a Channel in Airtel Digital TV through the Website?
Another way to add the channel to your Airtel DTH is by visiting the official website of Airtel. Through this website, you can recharge your pack, add channels, and customizes your plan. So, follow these steps to add channel in Airtel DTH online.
- Go to the Airtel website.
- Click on the DTH tab on the top panel.
- Go to view plans.
- Click on ‘Ala-Carte’
- Choose the categories and select the channel.
3. Add Channel in Airtel DTH through Airtel Thanks App
There are many ways to add a channel to your Airtel Digital TV plan, but using an app is convenient. Here we are presuming that you have downloaded and registered the App. Go through the steps below to add channel in Airtel DTH through Airtel app.
- Open the Airtel Thanks app on your phone.
- Go to the bottom and click on ‘more.’
- Go to My Airtel.
- You will see the option of Manage Account.
- Tap on DTH ID.
- Now you can select the ‘Add Channel’ option.
- A-la-carte, Broadcaster, and VAS are the three options displayed.
- Tap on ‘A-la-carte’ to add a channel on top of your existing plan.
- Choose the channels from the given categories.
- Click on the plus symbol against the channels you need to order.
- Go to Summary for the final step.
- Tap on Confirm and Change option.
- Now it will take some time to update your request.
4. Airtel DTH Channel Addition through Customer Care Number
By calling the Customer Care number, you can request to add the channel to your Airtel Digital TV plan. It is one of the easiest methods to do it. You need to notify your region, your current DTH plan, and the new channel you need to add. Here we have provided the Airtel customer care numbers of different regions.
North Hub: 0124 4448080
East Hub: 033 44448080
West Hub: 020 44448080
South Hub: 080 44448080
When you recharge your Airtel DTH plans, and then you figure out that one channel you wished to watch is not subscribed, you would feel terrible. If you are in this situation, you can simply add a new channel. There are many ways we can add a channel in Airtel DTH, so this blog gives the step by step guide for the same. We hope this blog would be helpful to you.
You can add the Airtel DTH channel even without a registered mobile number. Use the App or website to add the new channel, then you need to use your registered mobile number; rather subscription number would do.
You can add individual channels in Airtel DTH through different ways. Go through the methods given in the blog. Follow any method to recharge single channel in Airtel DTH.
If you have the registered mobile number, then you can add a channel by typing and sending ADD to 54325.
You can send the SMS with the Channel number to 54325. Go through the blog above to know the steps to add channels.
Yes, Airtel DTH allows you to make your own set of channel list by adding and removing the channels from your pack.